FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UWO Titan 78

The Titans appear to have a non-conference game @ Lincoln College (Missouri). They appear to be a D2 in the GLVC that went 1-9 last year. I know nothing about them, but I think we can probably play with the bottom half of the GLVC. Opening @ Carthage and @ Lincoln should provide a good test for the WIAC. Hopefully we can get one home NC game, but I won't hold my breath. If we don't we will start with 4 or 5 road games. That didn't go too well for Whitewater last year.

emma17

Glad to see a D2 scheduled. I agree that it should be a better primer for conference.
I'm not a believer that the road games were the problem for UWW and they shouldn't be for UWO. Your youth on offense will be interesting to see and they will get a good indoctrination pre conference.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: dachampishere on February 07, 2018, 01:16:19 PM
I have seen much dirtier recruiting tactics from UWW as a student their. The OC  under Brez in 2004 made up fake stats about UW-O just to get recruits. Coach Meyer didn't like it called them out on it and we got a visit from the conference commish about it. The sad part is they left the brochure that they created for all to see out in the open and the commish found it during his visit. The OC had some explaining to do to papa bear Brez and he was not a happy camper about them initially lying to him about it.

Long time no hear Shaun. A new handle.  A new start. Same old same old.    ???

I guess I should just be glad you've dropped the WarhawkBadger thing.   ::)
"Just think twice is my only advice."

emma17

Quote from: Veracity on February 15, 2018, 09:47:07 AM
And the search continues........
https://twitter.com/byjalenknuteson/status/963980500087001088

It's an interesting scenario in that both UWW and UWL are looking for an offensive coordinator. I assume guys (or gals) will apply at both schools? If you're interviewed, do you present one big picture plan for UWW and a different big picture plan for UWL, or is your pitch the same for both?

WW

Quote from: emma17 on February 15, 2018, 10:36:21 AM
Quote from: Veracity on February 15, 2018, 09:47:07 AM
And the search continues........
https://twitter.com/byjalenknuteson/status/963980500087001088

It's an interesting scenario in that both UWW and UWL are looking for an offensive coordinator. I assume guys (or gals) will apply at both schools? If you're interviewed, do you present one big picture plan for UWW and a different big picture plan for UWL, or is your pitch the same for both?

Anybody see this reported/confirmed/twittered anywhere else?

Veracity

According to Knutson, Garzarelli confirmed it so I'm assuming they had some form of communication.  Team leaders were told on Tuesday.

WW

Wow. Presuming it's true (and after learning that Mr. Knuteson is a verified media person and not a hack account, I have little doubt that it is), this isn't good optics for either Landry or Dub-dub.

emma17

That's the good thing about optics, it's all about adjusting the view.
Hey, UWW attracts the quality of coaches that are desired by D1 programs.

bleedpurple

Quote from: WW on February 15, 2018, 11:11:45 AM
Wow. Presuming it's true (and after learning that Mr. Knuteson is a verified media person and not a hack account, I have little doubt that it is), this isn't good optics for either Landry or Dub-dub.

From what I understand, UNI offered Jake a position he couldn't turn down. My understanding in communicating with people at UW-W is there are no hard feelings at all. Talented coaches get opportunities. It's all part of rolling forward at UW-W. there are other coaches on the staff for whom it is just a matter of time before an offer comes. Hopefully, we can escape another departure this year, but there is no guarantee of that. There's an awful lot of player talent being infused this spring, not to mention the possibilities for the fall. OC at. UWW will be a niiice gig this year!

Veracity

Agreed. I believe Coach Bullis wasn't officially hired until March, and Coach Smith after that. However, I also think not having a coach in place during this time has a negative affect on players on the bubble in their choice of school/program. Not to mention the returning players pre-season prep.

WW

Guess I'll take it at face value. Loyalty isn't a long suit anywhere in the college football coaching world. I'd say the negative effect on bubble players would be minimal, IMO, in part because there are few bubble players left by now. Landry wasn't there long enough to have any real  impact in recruiting anyway.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Veracity on February 16, 2018, 10:05:35 AM
Agreed. I believe Coach Bullis wasn't officially hired until March, and Coach Smith after that. However, I also think not having a coach in place during this time has a negative affect on players on the bubble in their choice of school/program. Not to mention the returning players pre-season prep.

Announced Jan. 30, Feb. 2 start date:
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2015/01/whitewater-promotes-from-within
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

fredfalcon

Delmore was great. He killed us with threes. With 19 and 16 t.o., it was kind of ugly. Still, a very good season for RF. Witt finished strong w/ another dbl/dbl. Good luck to SP. Don't see how RF can get in with 9 losses.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

bleedpurple

Quote from: dachampishere on March 10, 2018, 08:55:56 PM
UW Whitewater has hired Peter Jennings the offensive coordinator from Rhodes college. It will be announced this next week. As one of the All Americans said hopefully he is better than the last OC. My question to him was can he be any worse. This last year was really bad and losing those first two games was very in whitewater like.. Even under Brez

I'm not sure which is at a lower level, the way you write or your judgment. I'm going to call it even.