FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat11

Linfield's schedule is officially out.

Play Carroll on Sept 1st, Bye Week, Redlands on Sept 15th, Bye, and then open up NWC play on the road at Whitworth.

Not a fan of the stop and start nature of the bye weeks but I think it will be helpful in terms of recouping after the long bus ride out to Montana and back.

Overall 5 home games: Redlands, Willamette, L&C, PLU, and Pacific
4 Road games: Carroll, Whitworth, GFU, UPS

D O.C.

fbgcat

Any word on a new Lutes coach?

(509)Rat

Whitworth has a new D coordinator though I haven't seen an official announcement. I actually know the individual who got the job, no idea if he'll do a good job though with as unimpressed as I've been with their defense the last few years...it will be hard to do worse

Ron Boerger

Quote from: fbgcat on February 14, 2018, 01:33:29 PM
Any word on a new Lutes coach?

Brant McAdams, Trinity defensive coordinator and linebacker coach is leaving to take the head position at Pacific Lutheran (at least according to a brief note on the TU PAWS facebook page).   

Ron Boerger

wildcat11

Interesting that PLU's admin decided to go completely outside of the PLU family.  Sounds like McAdams is a good younger coach.

RFB

Quote from: wildcat11 on February 20, 2018, 11:49:51 PM
Interesting that PLU's admin decided to go completely outside of the PLU family.  Sounds like McAdams is a good younger coach.

Of course he will be a good coach. He worked under the best coach in the West (Mike Maynard).

d-train

Well, okay. He and the program have my support. Let's go Lutes!

d-train

I don't know who all applied, but I'm not the least bit surprised that Laurie Turner (the AD) went outside the family of previous PLU players/coaches.

I'm not familiar with Coach McAdams. I welcome him, wish him the best, and hope he ends up being a great hire. The foundation is there to build a solid program. But much of the alumni base is very pro-Westering, which could be awkward and challenging...for some time.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: d-train on February 21, 2018, 02:09:41 PM
I don't know who all applied, but I'm not the least bit surprised that Laurie Turner (the AD) went outside the family of previous PLU players/coaches.

I'm not familiar with Coach McAdams. I welcome him, wish him the best, and hope he ends up being a great hire. The foundation is there to build a solid program. But much of the alumni base is very pro-Westering, which could be awkward and challenging...for some time.
should be interesting for sure.  Will McAdams embrace EMAL or try to forge something new at PLU.  If he does (try to do something new), how will that be received by current players and alumni?
Go Cats!

wildcat11

It's the hot and heavy season in the DIII football recruiting world.  Excited for Linfield to roll out this new group. The program is in such great shape right now.

RFB

Quote from: wildcat11 on February 23, 2018, 02:50:51 PM
It's the hot and heavy season in the DIII football recruiting world.  Excited for Linfield to roll out this new group. The program is in such great shape right now.

So, when is Brett Elliott going to officially join Linfield's coaching staff? I see he is out of a job after the coaching shakeup in Starkville.

Foss

Quote from: RFB on February 26, 2018, 04:36:44 PM
Quote from: wildcat11 on February 23, 2018, 02:50:51 PM

So, when is Brett Elliott going to officially join Linfield's coaching staff? I see he is out of a job after the coaching shakeup in Starkville.

Looks like he's been hired back at Texas State, where he coached previously.
A packed student section behind an end zone cheering on guys they will actually see in class on Monday is almost as cool as The Streak.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on January 22, 2018, 06:34:40 PM
Linfield's schedule is officially out.

Play Carroll on Sept 1st, Bye Week, Redlands on Sept 15th, Bye, and then open up NWC play on the road at Whitworth.

Not a fan of the stop and start nature of the bye weeks but I think it will be helpful in terms of recouping after the long bus ride out to Montana and back.

Overall 5 home games: Redlands, Willamette, L&C, PLU, and Pacific
4 Road games: Carroll, Whitworth, GFU, UPS
Looks like schedule has been updated--Carroll is September 8 instead of September 1.  Too bad--maybe have made the trip on the long weekend but don't think I can do it for a regular weekend.
Go Cats!