BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pops33

It was an interesting weekend for the NCAC.  The only two teams to sweep the doubleheader were OWU over Oberlin and Wooster over DePauw, all of the other teams split (Kenyon and Hiram postponed their series).  The biggest surprise was probably Wittenberg giving Denison all they could handle in the first game, and winning in extra innings in the second game.   Wabash continued their strong spring with a shutout of Allegheny at home in the first game before the Gators came back to win a one run game in the nightcap.  Although they are a young team, DePauw had a strong showing at Wooster, losing both contests by a single run. 

It looks like a lot of parity so far in the NCAC.  I am looking forward to see how the new round robin schedule plays out.

Dr. Acula

34-1??  Good lord!  I can see Woo hanging 20+ on the Puppies like they did, but 34 on OWU?!  And it wasn't even at the launching pad it was in Delaware.  Wow.

bufordscot

Quote from: Dr. Acula on April 09, 2018, 11:09:48 PM
34-1??  Good lord!  I can see Woo hanging 20+ on the Puppies like they did, but 34 on OWU?!  And it wasn't even at the launching pad it was in Delaware.  Wow.
For his sake, I hope Bishopleftiesdad's son didn't pitch ::)

ADL70

Quote from: bufordscot on April 10, 2018, 11:14:39 AM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on April 09, 2018, 11:09:48 PM
For his sake, I hope Bishopleftiesdad's son didn't pitch ::)

His son graduated at least two years ago.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Pops33

Two Fighting Scots named to the D3baseball.com's team of the week - Dan Harwood and Drew Tornow.

http://www.d3baseball.com/awards/team-of-the-week/2018/week09

It is the 3rd time the Harwood has been named to the team of the week.  Oddly enough, the NCAC did not give either one their player of the week award.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Pops33 on April 10, 2018, 01:09:05 PM
Two Fighting Scots named to the D3baseball.com's team of the week - Dan Harwood and Drew Tornow.

http://www.d3baseball.com/awards/team-of-the-week/2018/week09

It is the 3rd time the Harwood has been named to the team of the week.  Oddly enough, the NCAC did not give either one their player of the week award.

There could have been more Scots on the team of the week.  I doubt either will be the NCBWA hitter of the week

old scot

Woo puts up 20 plus on Hiram and 34 on OWU. Is a mercy rule in order?  Its good for the Scots to get a lot of players in the game but, the opponent doesn't need the beat down.

Wooster has no equal in the NCAC.  Wish they  were still in the OAC

old scot

Woo pounding the Obies  Looks like a sweep  Beat Etta last week and a sweep of Wabash over the weekend. Ranked #2 .
Don't know if they are worthy but they keep winning.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: old scot on April 18, 2018, 05:43:56 PM
Woo pounding the Obies  Looks like a sweep  Beat Etta last week and a sweep of Wabash over the weekend. Ranked #2 .

Not the best SOS at 192 but they will bring a pretty good record  to the Pool C discussion if they slip up in the conference tournament.  They have a better SOS compared to other .800+ winning programs (Shenandoah, Mitchell)

Pops33

Wooster also has some good out of conference wins on their resume this year such as Keystone, Johns Hopkins, Marietta, and North Central.  They did not have those on their resume 3 years ago when they were left out of Regionals with a 36-9 record.  They also still have Case Western, LaRoche, Denison, John Carroll, and Otterbein left on their schedule.  Their strength of schedule rating should improve over the remainder of the year.

old scot

Pounding the Muskies today  Gators up for tomorrow  Fish food

ADL70

#2 Wooster defeats #12 CWRU 11-6 today in Cleveland.  Scots scored ten of their runs in what was a nightmarish second inning for the Spartans.  Leadoff single followed by a grounder to short that looked like a potential DP but throw to second was off line and after that it was Katie bar the door.

Spartans have a doubleheader on Sunday at #20 Marietta.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

wally_wabash

I know this spring has been an absolute nightmare to try and get these games played, but Wabash playing two at Hiram on Saturday then two at Depauw on Sunday is diabolical. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Dr. Acula

That's rough after that drive to Hiram.  Wilmington just finished a stretch where they had to play OAC DH's on Friday, Sunday and Monday.  The weather has been ridiculous.   

Pops33

Quote from: old scot on April 18, 2018, 05:43:56 PM

Wooster is looking like they are the real deal.  Beat LaRoche and Case on consecutive days.  The regional rankings, which had Case #1,  were done prior to the Scots beating Case. My quick calculations show the Scots are now 8-0 against regionally ranked opponents.  They should move up to #1 in the region for sure.  If they have a good weekend, the top spot in the nation may be in the cards.