MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

y_jack_lok

Another convincing win for R-MC today. 91-61 over Hood. Defense looked very good, but will be tested more by better teams. Still need to work on attacking zone defenses. Pass, don't dribble. Better player movement along the baseline and quicker passing to get shots in the paint. When the zone collapsed the kick outs for threes were good and many were falling. But when they don't fall....

algernon

Southern Virginia vs. HSC was an exhibition game.  Does anyone know anything about the game (other than the fact that SVU beat HSC)?

hasanova

Quote from: algernon on November 10, 2018, 04:41:58 PM
Southern Virginia vs. HSC was an exhibition game.  Does anyone know anything about the game (other than the fact that SVU beat HSC)?
I looked for a score and could not find it.

Jeremybozz

Bridgewater 16,James Madison 16. Just over 10 minutes until half.

Jeremybozz

JMU now up  42-23 at halftime over Bridgewater.

Jeremybozz

y_jack_lok

E&H thumps Transylvania by 22, but GC, EMU, and Ferrum all lose.

y_jack_lok

Randolph beats William Peace. H-SC at Averett postponed. Why?

Jeremybozz

Ice storm? I know Giles County,VA schools are closed today.

Tiger Mic

A power outage in Danville caused the HSC v Averett game to be postponed 24 hours.

Seatfiller

This weekend Roanoke goes 1-1.  Lost to Keuka on Friday 58-54.  That was a back and forth game and at one point neither team scored for almost 3 minutes at the end of the second half.  On Saturday they beat College of Staten Island 88-57.  Overall I don't see this team contending for the ODAC title at this point, they're too inconsistent and rely on Fraud for too much.  Hopefully they'll get better as the season goes on like last year.

y_jack_lok

R-MC and E&H both at 4-0, Lynchburg at 3-0. Hopefully the Jackets can get wins over Ferrum and Oglethorpe before taking on Emory University on Sunday. Other than CNU, the Emory game is probably the toughest non-conference game the Jackets have.

scottiedoug

I saw the E & H Wasps beat Webster (handily) and Maryville (less handily but convincingly). They are very good...balanced, aggressive, smart, good shooters and rebounders.  Webster beat a really good Eastern University team, which had beaten Maryville the day before.  If the Wasps are really the fourth or fifth best ODAC team, y'all have a good conference this year!

y_jack_lok

Quote from: scottiedoug on November 19, 2018, 10:42:06 AM
I saw the E & H Wasps beat Webster (handily) and Maryville (less handily but convincingly). They are very good...balanced, aggressive, smart, good shooters and rebounders.  Webster beat a really good Eastern University team, which had beaten Maryville the day before.  If the Wasps are really the fourth or fifth best ODAC team, y'all have a good conference this year!

Webster is the team I have been following out here in Saint Louis for 18 seasons now. After they beat Wash U last Wednesday I was hopeful they could give E&H a challenge. Sadly that didn't happen, which might say as much about Wash U this season as it does about Webster. E&H was fifth in the pre-season poll and got no first place votes. I expect the Wasps will prove that poll wrong.

scottiedoug

Webster turned around and best Eastern, which had beaten Maryville, and looked good. Coach Bunvh is a Maryville Scottie, after all