National/Regional Gold Glove Teams

Started by A.G., May 21, 2008, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.G.

Does anyone have a link to all the regional ABCA/Rawlings Gold Glove teams?

[Moderator]We will use this message board for all discussion concerning the award, the teams as they are published and other aspects of the "Gold Glove".

LWC23

ABCA/Rawlings  NCAA Divison 3 National Gold Glove Award winners:

ABCA/Rawlings NCAA Division III Gold Glove Awards   

Pos. Player            Yr.    School
C Drew Vancleave  Sr. Linfield College (Ore.) 

1B Brad Demmin  Jr. University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh 

2B Jamie Chevalier  Jr. Keene State University (N.H.) 

3B Jacob Haberman  Sr. California State University East Bay 

SS Maikel De La Rosa  Sr. Kean University (N.J.)

OF Brian Moran  Sr. Grove City College (Pa.) 

OF Charles Acker  Sr. Whittier College (Calif.) 

OF Camden Mamigonian  So. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (N.Y.)

P Adam Tellan  Sr. Tufts University (Mass.) 

A.G.

Thanks...I had found that but still struggle to find the one for the South Region.

Jim Dixon

DIVISION III ABCA/RAWLINGS GOLD MIDEAST REGION GOLD GLOVE AWARDS

1B Cory Slaybaugh Junior Mount Union College Ohio
2B Mike Krainz Junior John Carroll University Ohio
3B Kevin Teague Freshman Denison University Ohio
SS Kaz Kalita Sophomore Manchester College Indiana
OF Brian Moran Senior Grove City College Pennsylvania
OF Danny Pritz Freshman Denison University Ohio
OF Drew Johnson Sophomore Calvin College Michigan
C Alexander Younce Senior Adrian College Michigan
P Andy Clark Senior Franklin College Indiana

Jim Dixon

2008 ABCA/RAWLINGS NEW YORK GOLD GLOVE AWARD
POS PLAYER SCHOOL YR
C Zak Nersesian Farmingdale St. SO
1B Nick Devito Cortland State SR
2B Mike Gerdes St. Joseph's LI SO
3B Don Kirsch Fredonia SO
SS Matt Vitalone Cortland State SR
OF Greg Carlow Skidmore SR
OF Mike Avery Cortland State JR
OF Camden Mamigonian Rensselaer SO
P Tim Mascari Brockport SR

outfieldad

It's the "dog days of winter" if you're a baseball fan, player or coach. Most of us have another 2 months or so until we get into baseball full swing.
I've had 7 months to stew and it's the New Year so what the heck, here goes:
My son plays outfield for a decent program "west of the east coast" and is on one of the many teams that stress pitching and defense.
The Rawlings Gold Glove has been awarded to MLB players over 50 years and by it's own definition,"The Rawlings Gold Glove Award has been the benchmark by which all defense is measured". All three D3 outfield 2009 Gold Glove winners indeed had high fielding percentages. The player I'm referencing has 4.38 40 yard speed and can track down balls hit in the outfield better than anyone as evidenced by having more putouts than two of the three outfield  Gold Glove winners. Same player had 11 outfield assists, which is almost twice as many as the three D3 outfield Gold Glove winners (6) combined.Division 3 plays a 40 game regular season schedule; extrapolate those 11 outfield assists to a full MLB schedule and that number skyrockets to 44 assists. I guess where he went wrong was having one more error (two) than the winning Gold Glove D3 right fielder (one) ;)
If I'm a pitcher I'd want my outfielders to keep base runners from advancing to the next base, not an outfielder who is "playing it safe" hitting the cutoff man. (Using a football analogy, would you rather have a quarterback who threw for 8 touchdowns and 1 interception or a quarterback that threw for 35 touchdowns and 5 interceptions?)
In the future hopefully a coach would nominate a player on his team that warrants consideration for the Rawlings Gold Glove Award, hopefully the Committee Chair and the 8 ABCA coach's who comprise the NCAA D3 Baseball Rawlings Gold Glove baseball selection commitee would consider all candidates equally and look at the merit of a strong accurate arm as well as a high fielding percentage , where all defense is measured. (Maybe that's why it's called the Rawlings Gold Glove and not the Rawlings Gold(en) Arm Award? ;) For more info on the Rawlings Gold Glove Award go to: http://www.rawlingsgoldglove.com/
This player had 20 outfield assists (never committing more than 3 errors) the last 3 years, so in my mind and those that have seen his play, maybe he was deserving of this very prestigious award last season.
Happy New Year All!

Ralph Turner

Moderator's comment--

The Rawlings Gold Glove is conducted and awarded by the ABCA, and not D3baseball.com.

In previous seasons, we have sought to post the links to the various regional and national teams as a service to our posters and fellow D3 fans.  They are hard to find and not well-publicized.  When you find a link, please post it for others to review.  Thanks.

CrashDavisD3

RAWLINGS GOLD GLOVE WEBSITE LINK

http://www.rawlingsgoldglove.com/the_winners

Click on drop down menu in corner where it says PRO click on arrow, click on college

Then Click on the drop down menu NCAA D1 to NCAA D3. Click on D3 to get the list

Then Click on Players name to get stats
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

Bronko7

Quote from: outfieldad on January 03, 2010, 05:34:26 PM
It's the "dog days of winter" if you're a baseball fan, player or coach. Most of us have another 2 months or so until we get into baseball full swing.
I've had 7 months to stew and it's the New Year so what the heck, here goes:
My son plays outfield for a decent program "west of the east coast" and is on one of the many teams that stress pitching and defense.
The Rawlings Gold Glove has been awarded to MLB players over 50 years and by it's own definition,"The Rawlings Gold Glove Award has been the benchmark by which all defense is measured". All three D3 outfield 2009 Gold Glove winners indeed had high fielding percentages. The player I'm referencing has 4.38 40 yard speed and can track down balls hit in the outfield better than anyone as evidenced by having more putouts than two of the three outfield  Gold Glove winners. Same player had 11 outfield assists, which is almost twice as many as the three D3 outfield Gold Glove winners (6) combined.Division 3 plays a 40 game regular season schedule; extrapolate those 11 outfield assists to a full MLB schedule and that number skyrockets to 44 assists. I guess where he went wrong was having one more error (two) than the winning Gold Glove D3 right fielder (one) ;)
If I'm a pitcher I'd want my outfielders to keep base runners from advancing to the next base, not an outfielder who is "playing it safe" hitting the cutoff man. (Using a football analogy, would you rather have a quarterback who threw for 8 touchdowns and 1 interception or a quarterback that threw for 35 touchdowns and 5 interceptions?)
In the future hopefully a coach would nominate a player on his team that warrants consideration for the Rawlings Gold Glove Award, hopefully the Committee Chair and the 8 ABCA coach's who comprise the NCAA D3 Baseball Rawlings Gold Glove baseball selection commitee would consider all candidates equally and look at the merit of a strong accurate arm as well as a high fielding percentage , where all defense is measured. (Maybe that's why it's called the Rawlings Gold Glove and not the Rawlings Gold(en) Arm Award? ;) For more info on the Rawlings Gold Glove Award go to: http://www.rawlingsgoldglove.com/
This player had 20 outfield assists (never committing more than 3 errors) the last 3 years, so in my mind and those that have seen his play, maybe he was deserving of this very prestigious award last season.
Happy New Year All!

As coaches you gotta love these, the gold glove award is voted on by a regional commitee, which submits it to a national committee for the selection. 95% of these kids have never been seen by a single pair of eyes voting on this subject. Hopefully the awards mean more to you than the kid. Parents get bent out of shape about the most ridiculous things, if he's good enough he's good enough. Maybe drop a line to the NCAA and ask them to change on the submission form to include arm strength and 60 time. Overall I'll wrap this up by saying this. If you think the coach is doing a poor job, hop right on the NCAA website, he can self release in division III and transfer elsewhere!

CrashDavisD3

This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html