BB: SAA: Southern Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, April 29, 2012, 07:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Welcome to the Baseball Message Board for the Southern Athletic Association, which begins play in 2012-13.

Ron Boerger

And may someone actually post in it from time to time.  The SAA supporters have not been rabid message board participants during their SCAC days. 

Ron Boerger

According to a twitter post, Bruce Maxwell signed with the A's for $700K yesterday.

narch

Quote from: Ron Boerger on June 10, 2012, 10:20:32 AM
According to a twitter post, Bruce Maxwell signed with the A's for $700K yesterday.
that'll help pay off the student loans :)

Bishopleftiesdad

Colin Radick  Hendrix ball player named twenty seventh top prospects in the Great Lakes Summer baseball league.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=7572

34sidewinder

Rhodes' Andrew Wallis drops bombs from both side of the plate in opener.  Impressive feat - probably not too common in D3.

Excited to see how this new conference shakes out!

Bishopleftiesdad

Anybody see the Birmingham Southern game against Transy?

Son pitches against Transy this weekend and wondering if those numbers were for real or was it just early season jitters for BSC?

Ron Boerger

I'd love to hear anyone defend the Berry pitcher who put a pretty hard hit on the Hendrix CF in this play:

http://d3baseball.com/notables/2013/03/berry-pitcher-levels-hendrix-runner

Alas, that would call for someone from the SAA actually reading this. 

Boysofsummer21

I have no idea why it happen or if their is history there, but in watching the video it did appear that both pitches that he threw were a bit inside to the batter also. Pretty sure that the young man will get to watch a few games and think about it before he gets back on the mound.

Piobark

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Piobark on March 04, 2013, 11:56:41 AM
According to Yahoo he got three games.

Thanks, Piobark; can you provide a link?

If true, that's really a joke considering how infrequently many pitchers appear in games.  A league like the SAA shouldn't tolerate this kind of behavior at all - ten games would have been appropriate.

Bombers798891

Quote from: Ron Boerger on March 04, 2013, 01:20:22 PM
Quote from: Piobark on March 04, 2013, 11:56:41 AM
According to Yahoo he got three games.

Thanks, Piobark; can you provide a link?

If true, that's really a joke considering how infrequently many pitchers appear in games.  A league like the SAA shouldn't tolerate this kind of behavior at all - ten games would have been appropriate.

That's more than a joke. That's an insult. I've watched that play half a dozen times. He never even pretends to be looking for the ball, his head is turned toward the runner. Based on what I've seen, that's a deliberate attempt to injure a player. An absolute travesty.

Kudos to the two coaching staffs for preventing that from escalating, but I hope his coach tacks on something additional.

Jack Parkman

I have watched this a bunch as well and one thing really stands out to me and that is the fact that once the teams start to clear the benches nobody seems upset with each other at all.  It's obvious that the pitchers team didn't share the same issue and if you watch the center fielder (I think) he looks like he starts yelling towards his own dugout, likely at the pitcher.  I can not believe that the kid from Hendrix didn't knock the pitchers teeth down his throat but that would have just added to the problem.

Three games is the biggest pile of crap ever.  If that decision was made by the head coach he should be ashamed of himself.  This video is never going to go away and it will be brought up on a consistent basis.  Some may think I am crazy but that kid should have been thrown off the team right there, no questions asked.  That play shows the true character of the kid and he will always be tied to this.

OshDude

Not directly related, but I wish there were more D-III baseball videos – game highlights, individual plays and/or performances – on YouTube.

Directly related: I'm sure I'm not the only one to conjure Roger Clemens and Mike Piazza after seeing this clip.