Eastern Collegiate Football Conference

Started by ccd494, August 24, 2009, 09:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NED3Guy

Amazingly, Castleton will now play 4 teams next year that each went 1-9 in 2017:

Alfred State
Anna Maria
Norwich
Misericordia

d3fan142511

Keystone will Join the conference in 2020

ccd494

So, 7 members for 2018.  Husson leaves for 2019, leaving 6.  Back to 7 in 2020.

What does that mean for the 2019 autobid?

Caz Bombers

Quote from: ccd494 on May 09, 2018, 11:50:01 AM
So, 7 members for 2018.  Husson leaves for 2019, leaving 6.  Back to 7 in 2020.

What does that mean for the 2019 autobid?

no change in autobid status, there's a 2-year grace period when you fall below 7. If Keystone hadn't been added, the grace period would have carried the conference through 2020, then everyone would have ended up in Pool B for 2021.

Pat Coleman

Should still be good -- there's a two-year grace period. It gets a little dicey because Dean is scheduled to be a third-year provisional member of D-III and would count toward the seven in 2019, but their progress through the provisional schedule is not automatic.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ccd494

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 09, 2018, 01:43:24 PM
Should still be good -- there's a two-year grace period. It gets a little dicey because Dean is scheduled to be a third-year provisional member of D-III and would count toward the seven in 2019, but their progress through the provisional schedule is not automatic.

Interesting.  So is the grace period in effect for 2018 (7 members, but Dean doesn't count) and 2019 (6 members, including a countable Dean), then 2020 there are 7 full D-3 members when Keystone joins?

It's almost like you need a math degree to follow these conference shifts.

NED3Guy

Gotta love this time of the year.

Teams are checked in, and most have been on the field a few times. Optimism surrounds every program as freshen and transfers fly around the field in non contact drills, and coaches start to project success based on 40 times and who looks the best sprinting in a cut off t shirt.

Truth is, until we see these teams in action in September everything is unknown.... And honestly, with some of the non league schedules we've seen from ecfc teams; we may not know much about anybody until conference games start up.

There are so many question marks the year:

How will Maritime adjust to late staff changes?
Has anybody in the ecfc benefited from an influx of Ida players?
Do the Amcats make a splash after two giant recruiting classes?
Does Castleton have enough up front to showcase one of the best backs in the league?
Does Dean, now in it's third year of NCAA play, have the talent to be a contender?
Alfred State???

Basically, the only thing that we know if that Husson is the team to beat in their last ecfc season.

Should be a fun year.

ITH radio

I am really curious how the GE's operate post-John Smith. He was a very special player. Fortunately their QB is no slouch either, and he'll probably get more chances to throw the ball and win games this season.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

d3fan142511

Pre-Season Rankings

1. Husson
2. Dean
3. Castleton
4. SUNY
5. Alfred State
6. Galludet
7. Anna Marie

From what i have heard around New England...I think Curry, Nichols and Worcester State got a group of the Ida players. As an football alum from Ida it is still a shame to see the school fold. Coach Landers built a very good program there and helped alot of kids on and off the field.

NED3Guy

d3fan142511- any word on where / if Landers was able to find a coaching gig for this year? I'm guessing that the timing of the decision must have hurt his chances of finding a sport for this fall, but I hope he finds a way to stay in the game.

d3fan142511

Wide Receivers Coach at Framingham...Hopefully he can get back to full time head coaching soon. Mount Ida scrimmaged Framingham each year while i was there. This will be a good fit for Coach.

d3fan142511

Coaches poll came out today

1. Husson
2. SUNY
3. Castleton
4. Dean
5. Gallaudet
6. Alfred State
7. Anna Maria

NED3Guy

GAME WEEK-

Two games Friday with Dean at Curry and WPI at Anna Maria. Thinking both ECFC teams come up short on this day, with Dean falling to Curry (35-21) and WPI taking down AMCATS 42-14.

Saturday we have some good ones, featuring Husson at Union, SUNY Martitime at Maine Maritime and Plymouth at Castleton, among others.

Husson 28 - Union 17 (Husson D will show up to play vs a young Union team)

SUNY 35 - Maine 28  (SUNY will get ahead early, Maine will make it interesting on the scoreboard, but not in real life)

Plymouth 35 - Castleton 24 (Plymouth returns a ton from a league championship offense. Sparty hangs in there but can't finish things off)

GU 42 - Alvernia 14 (First year program playing their first game vs option team = tough first game)

Mass Dartmouth 35 - Alfred State 17  (I got nothing on this one....)

d3fan142511

Dean 21 Curry 17
WPI 42 Anna Maria 7
Husson 24 Union 10
SUNY 38 Maine 35
Plymouth 24 Castleton 17
GU 35 Alvernia 14
UMD 42 Alfred State 10

UfanBill

Quote from: NED3Guy on August 28, 2018, 03:19:00 PM
GAME WEEK-
Husson 28 - Union 17 (Husson D will show up to play vs a young Union team)

As a long time Union fan I'd like to comment on Saturday's Union vs Husson game.
Last year the young Dutchmen took the long bus ride to Bangor and played the Eagles very tough. The game was tied 7-7 in the 4th until Husson rode their horse, John Smith, to two late TDs pounding through Union's tiring defense. The Dutchmen rallied from that loss to win seven games in a row.
This season Husson takes that long trip, though they're probably more used to it. The Union's now veteran defense has become the strength of the team and without Smith the Eagles won't have that same horse. Offensively the Dutchmen have a new QB and RB and have historically been slow to put points on the board in openers. With two strong defenses look for a low scoring game. The Dutchmen will be fighting for the upset. A win over Husson would certainly bolster them for their tough schedule ahead which includes Springfield and a balanced Liberty League. I'll go 17-13  U
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳