2013 Playoffs

Started by Ron Boerger, November 11, 2013, 01:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Boerger

Preliminary forecast for San Antonio this weekend:

Friday:  High 47, Low 32, wind N 10-12, 30% chance of rain
Saturday:  High 36, Low 34, wind NNE 11-14, 30% chance of rain

One forecast offers snow instead of rain on Saturday, which would be highly unlikely but has happened before.

Ron Boerger

While the video below from a local station focuses on Trinity, there are a few shots at the end of Toyota Field where this week's festivities will be held.

http://www.ksat.com/news/Trinity-women-s-soccer-team-makes-Final-four/-/478452/23259504/-/14ldk2vz/-/index.html

A safe journey to all making the trip.  The forecast is still a bit up in the air; if anything ends up freezing on the roads, exercise EXTREME caution as we don't know how to drive in such conditions, and there is not much highway equipment available to help make travel safer.   In South Texas about the only thing we usually have on hand to spread on bridges and such is sand, which doesn't do a whole lot of good in icy conditions as you folks from up north know. 

2xfaux

I do remember bundling up for the weather down there in 2009?  Have fun, drive carefully.

tigerguy

Soccer in Texas just can't seem to catch a break! Every since the Tigers went up to Chicago it seems they've brought the bad weather back with them! Warm all week and then a frigid cold front worst then the sweet 16/elite 8 games two weeks ago! Good luck Tigers but a big congratulations to all the teams that have made it this far!

woacfan

Great game by William Smith to make it to the finals.  I think Coach Wilbur is going to get another National Championship this year!   They scored early and then held the lead to beat Capital 1 to 0.   
Middlebury is going to be tough in the other semi.  Coach Kim is a pretty intense guy. I am sure they will be prepared to play.
"We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" - Brian Clough

Ron Boerger

Middlebury was solid but Trinity controlled a good deal of play and earned the victory.   It will be an interesting battle tomorrow between a veteran team used to Final Four appearances and one making its initial foray on that scene.    With Smith giving up only three goals all year (and none in months) the Trinity women have their work cut out for them.

Ron Boerger

Trinity had a few chances today, but the stout William Smith defense was up to the challenge.   Congrats to the Herons on their second NCAA championship.