MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

You conveniently tell half the story Bob.

I think Andrew will tell you that I told him he couldn't go wrong with IWU because it IS a great academic institution.
However, there are several other excellent schools around too, and the fact remains that at the time, it was not a great basketball decision.
And his mom will tell you that during a conversation with her following the game at NCC last year I told her I was wrong about his PT, and that he was doing good job.

So, try to have all the facts before you spout off from on high as you are so used to doing. Can I get a witness?

As far as things never being dull. Well, isn't that the point with regard to a forum which is supposed to be theater for differing opinions and open discussion?  :-*

Titan Q

Quote from: WUH on February 10, 2013, 10:36:51 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on February 10, 2013, 02:45:41 PM
Just one game I realize, but wow...not sure what I saw there from Rochester.

Not suggesting that I know more about basketball than you.   And, not suggesting that you need to praise Washington University for my vanity.  But there were two teams on the court. 

Rochester did not play their best game today and clearly would have been in the game had they shot their season average from three-point range.  But Washington University played a game today.  I honestly think that team would have taken down the full-strength Titans today.  No way to know.  But that is what I think.

WUH, I didn't comment on Wash U because I've seen them play about 12 times this year now...4 in person.  I know how good the Bears are. 

When Dave McHugh says, "A trusted friend in the Midwest Region thinks the Bears are a Top 25 team and I agree with him, until they lose at home to Brandeis..."
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/tag/washington-u/

I'm 99.9% sure I'm the "trusted friend."  I'm sold on Wash U.  I've given Dave grief for removing them from his Top 25 ballot because I think the Bears are really good and, without question, a team that should be ranked.

I only commented on Rochester because it was the first time I've seen them play this year.  Rochester is 100% the reason I watched the game.  No slight to Wash U intended, WUH.

WUPHF

Quote from: Titan Q on February 10, 2013, 10:48:07 PM
I didn't comment on Wash U because I've seen them play about 12 times this year now...4 in person.  I know how good the Bears are. 

Point well taken.

iwu70

Thanks for all the info/banter in here about the potential tournament teams and new DIII dance format.  Much appreciated.  It will surely be a different way of crowning a D3 champ with a very different sequence of games, locations of play, fan-base turnout, etc.  Interesting to see how it all works out.  I, for one, am hoping the Titans continue to play well so they can be considered for as many Shirk home games in the tourney as possible, and the quickest possible route to Virginia.  These guys have played so well since January that it would be great to have them experience, many of them yet again, the joys of the Final 8/4/2 in Salem. 

Seems that from what others have said that we might see yet again an IWU-Wash U match up somewhere in round two or three of the tourney.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit.  Some really great games over the years between these two strong programs.  Guess we might potentially see more games between the hoped-for 3 CCIW teams in the tournament too, right?

We'll know soon enough.

Happy Snake Year to all -- firecrackers still bursting forth all over Hong Kong.   :)

IWU70

D-3 watcher

And One, once again you are wrong on so many levels.

Andrew didn't make a bad decision when he chose to play B-Ball at IWU. Just the opposite, it was a great decision, then and now. In his lifetime how many other schools have been to the Final Four as often as IWU.
And in his time at IWU, he now has been to one himself.

Any student athlete, that chooses to play B-Ball at IWU is making a great decision. Starting or not starting, he can still enjoy the ride. Still contribute to the team in many ways. Still make great friends, and have a bunch of fun.

This goes for so many schools out there as well. A lot of great ones out there, including here in the CCIW. IWU has played against quite a few kids they really wanted this year, and has beating their team they picked, that doesn't  indicate they picked the wrong school.

AndOne

D-3,

I would have bet a million both that we'd be hearing from you, and that once again, you would be distorting the facts.
I was going to reply, but I said all I needed to on the subject in my most recent post above.
We could go back and forth ad infinitum (look it up), but nobody wants to read through that.
Have a wonderful day. 

diehardfan

Random thoughts in no particular order...

My official response to all the *#$^*slapping posts in the last several days posts is O.M.G.W.T.F....  :o ??? :P
----
Congrats to my Wheaties for exceeding all expectations this year.
----
Weighing in on the most inappropriately obnoxious student crowds at games**
#1 Carthage
#2 Augustana
#3 IWU
#4 Elmhurst/NCC tie
#5 North Park
** Can't rate Millikin cause I never went there.

Sounds like the IWU student section decided to make a run for the title in the last five years though... To use that Radio insult as an actual chant totally just reinforces my perception that modern day IWU is where all the popular people in Illinois high schools choose to go and the otherwise Stepford-Wives-ish brain associations I have with the institution.
----
AndOne: Don't worry, back in the day all the coaches in the CCIW only response to me was more or less "What is that girl doing at games again??" with passing disinterest. I doubt any of them even knew my name, so that just reinforces rather than undermines your relevancy.
----
Also, it is confusing to have another poster named Mark.
----
(goes back to lurking)
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

Spencer19881991

Die Hard

I notice you didn't include your Wheaton fans in that category of obnoxious.  If I remove Augustana, I would list my order as

Carthage
Wheaton
IWU/ North Park
Millikin
Elmhurst/North Central because they don't have many students at the games that I have attended.

AndOne.....you are something.

NCF

Quote from: Spencer19881991 on February 11, 2013, 03:26:27 AM
Die Hard

I notice you didn't include your Wheaton fans in that category of obnoxious.  If I remove Augustana, I would list my order as

Carthage
Wheaton
IWU/ North Park
Millikin
Elmhurst/North Central because they don't have many students at the games that I have attended.

After being shown a video clip from the NC/Wheaton clip this past Saturday at the football awards ceremony, I'd have to put Wheaton right up there at the top. LOL on the NC students-many of them barely stay for a half at football games either :D :D
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

NCF

Quote from: AndOne on February 10, 2013, 10:41:06 PM
You conveniently tell half the story Bob.

I think Andrew will tell you that I told him he couldn't go wrong with IWU because it IS a great academic institution.
However, there are several other excellent schools around too, and the fact remains that at the time, it was not a great basketball decision.
And his mom will tell you that during a conversation with her following the game at NCC last year I told her I was wrong about his PT, and that he was doing good job.

So, try to have all the facts before you spout off from on high as you are so used to doing. Can I get a witness?

As far as things never being dull. Well, isn't that the point with regard to a forum which is supposed to be theater for differing opinions and open discussion?  :-*
No! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

TitansIWU

Quote from: AndOne on February 11, 2013, 01:47:31 AM
D-3,

I would have bet a million both that we'd be hearing from you, and that once again, you would be distorting the facts.
I was going to reply, but I said all I needed to on the subject in my most recent post above.
We could go back and forth ad infinitum (look it up), but nobody wants to read through that.
Have a wonderful day.

From the standpoint of an onlooker, I would substitute the term ad nauseum, seems to fit better.

wheels81

Quote from: AndOne on February 10, 2013, 08:00:42 PM
Quote from: AndOne on February 09, 2013, 02:14:06 PM
Will Wheaton freshman Michael Berg have a breakout game today vs Millikin?
On 1/12, he scored 16 points in the teams first meeting.
However, in CCIW play, Berg is averaging only 3.36 ppg. (37 points in 11 games)
Despite starting, he has somewhat surprisingly gone scoreless in Wheaton's last 4 games.

Berg scored 4 points last night. Actually raised his scoring average from 3.36 to 3.41 :D
Of course he did have a rebound. But, alas, 2 turnovers.
I sense he is finding the competition at the college level, especially in one of the premier D3 conferences, a bit tougher than going up against the likes of Farmington, Porta, and Greenview.

Is this a case of sour grapes or are you just being a major Richard? :P
"I am what I am"  PTSM

diehardfan

Quote from: NCF on February 11, 2013, 08:14:47 AM
Die Hard

Carthage
Wheaton
IWU/ North Park
Millikin

After being shown a video clip from the NC/Wheaton clip this past Saturday at the football awards ceremony, I'd have to put Wheaton right up there at the top. LOL on the NC students-many of them barely stay for a half at football games either :D :D
Interesting. Maybe Wheaton has changed a lot, but I suspect we just have different versions of inappropriate. Mine was that the student section is drunk, curses, is violently angry, makes fun of players inappropriately like mocking their religion, disability, race, etc. Basically things that make you cringe that small children are present. I think a student section can be obnoxious, which is a basic part of good fan support, without being inappropriately so. I definitely find the NPU student section obnoxious, but I have never felt like we needed to cops there, or that I was in any kind of danger, or that they crossed any kind of line.
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

CCIWchamps

Quote from: diehardfan on February 11, 2013, 11:01:38 AM
Quote from: NCF on February 11, 2013, 08:14:47 AM
Die Hard

Carthage
Wheaton
IWU/ North Park
Millikin

Interesting. Maybe Wheaton has changed a lot, but I suspect we just have different versions of inappropriate. Mine was that the student section is drunk, curses, is violently angry, makes fun of players inappropriately like mocking their religion, disability, race, etc. Basically things that make you cringe that small children are present. I think a student section can be obnoxious, which is a basic part of good fan support, without being inappropriately so. I definitely find the NPU student section obnoxious, but I have never felt like we needed to cops there, or that I was in any kind of danger, or that they crossed any kind of line.

Wheaton fans on the endzones are obnoxious.  But I give NCC and IWU the edge for getting to be so close to the action in addition to the things stated above.
Everyone else has fans that can be obnoxious, but once the game gets away from them, the quiet up.  At Wheaton, NCC and IWU, they just keep going.

Kovo

Die Hard

Carthage
Wheaton
IWU/ North Park
Millikin

Wow!  Strong 1st post, Spencer.  Calling out Die hard, and taking a slap at AndOne in your initial offering-----nicely done.