BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSCfan

USM got left out and Boston got in?  I looked three times and did not see USM am I missing them?  To bad, would of been nice to see 3 LEC teams in the tournament.  Good luck to all LEC teams.  I was surprised that Boston went to Mid-Atlantic and Eastern stayed home, especially because Boston had the better record.  I would argue that the NCAA wouldn't move Eastern as it saves money, however Boston got shipped to Mid-Atlantic in Penn, so clearly they were not afraid to move teams.  Oswego from NY ended up in NE and Castleton went to NY.  (although Castleton may be closer to Auburn than Willimantic).  It doesn't seem right that "neutral NCAA tournament" and Eastern gets to play home as the 7 seed in the tournament.  Boston should of stayed and send Eastern out to New York or Mid.

I have said it once I will say it again.  New England has great facilities that they could host the regional at.  Dodd Stadium which was a Double A stadium for the Yankees for years goes unused this time of the year as it is now short season A ball.  Local high schools play games there, and a couple of years ago UCONN hosted a regional there this time of the year.  Good enough for UCONN, good enough for D3.

Hartford is currently building a new Double A stadium and that will leave New Britain former home of the Rockcats open for a regional.  Maybe the costs are high for these facilities? If local high schools are playing in them then you would think its not to bad.  Im not knocking Eastern's field as it one of the nicest around, and better than the Cape, however some better option exist out there.

BostonBaseball

I was surprised as well to see USM left out of the regional. I am very happy and think UMB is deserving of their bid, however it would've been nice to see 3 LEC teams get the nod. Good luck to the warriors in their regional. We can only hope that the two will get the chance to play each other in the World Series.

ECSUalum

Quote from: KSCfan on May 16, 2016, 10:44:47 AM
USM got left out and Boston got in?  I looked three times and did not see USM am I missing them?  To bad, would of been nice to see 3 LEC teams in the tournament.  Good luck to all LEC teams.  I was surprised that Boston went to Mid-Atlantic and Eastern stayed home, especially because Boston had the better record.  I would argue that the NCAA wouldn't move Eastern as it saves money, however Boston got shipped to Mid-Atlantic in Penn, so clearly they were not afraid to move teams.  Oswego from NY ended up in NE and Castleton went to NY.  (although Castleton may be closer to Auburn than Willimantic).  It doesn't seem right that "neutral NCAA tournament" and Eastern gets to play home as the 7 seed in the tournament.  Boston should of stayed and send Eastern out to New York or Mid.

I have said it once I will say it again.  New England has great facilities that they could host the regional at.  Dodd Stadium which was a Double A stadium for the Yankees for years goes unused this time of the year as it is now short season A ball.  Local high schools play games there, and a couple of years ago UCONN hosted a regional there this time of the year.  Good enough for UCONN, good enough for D3.

Hartford is currently building a new Double A stadium and that will leave New Britain former home of the Rockcats open for a regional.  Maybe the costs are high for these facilities? If local high schools are playing in them then you would think its not to bad.  Im not knocking Eastern's field as it one of the nicest around, and better than the Cape, however some better option exist out there.

Historically, when a team hosts the NCAA Regional, they typically stay and play at home, look at all the hosts, if they made the tournament they play at home, and especially if you win the Conference tournament.

ECSUalum

Quote from: BostonBaseball on May 16, 2016, 12:04:49 PM
I was surprised as well to see USM left out of the regional. I am very happy and think UMB is deserving of their bid, however it would've been nice to see 3 LEC teams get the nod. Good luck to the warriors in their regional. We can only hope that the two will get the chance to play each other in the World Series.

Thanks BB, I think UMB got the nod because of their down the stretch record, SOS, and because they got farther than USM in the LEC Tourney. Two and through by the Huskies, was not good in the committee's eyes I think.
Anyway,  I was looking at the UMB roster and was really surprised how young the Beacons are!!  Going to have NCAA tournament play for years to come!!  Good luck to them in PA.

BostonBaseball

What's going on with the video at eastern? The view from behind the plate isn't great quality because of the fencing. I don't remember it being like this in years past.

KSCfan

On the flipside the umass boston game down in PA looks sharp!  Beacons off to a good start in that one

beaconsnation

Ya they're using the Yankees AAA stadium and some of their setup. The webcast was awesome, great facility.

Bishopleftiesdad

Wow that is a tough schedule. They should have a good SOS after their trip to Florida.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: hockeyfan77 on January 02, 2017, 11:05:51 PM
USM  2017 Baseball Schedule

http://www.southernmainehuskies.com/sports/bsb/2016-17/schedule
Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on January 02, 2017, 11:33:23 PM
Wow that is a tough schedule. They should have a good SOS after their trip to Florida.
I agree, but it makes them tournament ready and will make them powerful in Pool C consideration!

Bishopleftiesdad

As long as they are winning them. And knowing that program, I am sure they will be fine. More programs should have this type of schedule.

hockeyfan77

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on January 03, 2017, 10:23:40 PM
As long as they are winning them. And knowing that program, I am sure they will be fine. More programs should have this type of schedule.

USM pretty much always plays a tough schedule...the New England region was down a bit last year, which brought down the SOS and it really cost them a bid in the end...As for the team, they lose Sam Dexter and Scates (#1) but not much after that: Pitching will be good, and USM always rakes so hopefully that means another trip to Appleton....  :)

ECSUalum

Eastern's 2017 roster is published to go with the full schedule.

AllStar

Keene State's 2017 schedule and roster are up, as they look to make the Little East Tournament for the first time since 2013.  Yikes.  I have no clue about the team this year, but not making the conference tournament in three straight years is not good.  They also lost Cody Dube from last year's team that went just 17-21 and 5-9 in the conference. 
http://www.keeneowls.com/sports/bsb/2016-17/schedule
http://www.keeneowls.com/sports/bsb/2016-17/roster

AllStar

I've been experimenting with graphics on other various boards for other sports, so I figured I'd put something here.  If you don't know, you can click on the image to make it bigger and use the scroll bar to move left and right.