FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek

Congrats to the ODAC D3 All South Region Players.

First Team Offense
Holton Walker  H-SC
Jordan Hartman Bridgewater

First Team Defense
JerMario Gooch   Guilford

Second Team Offense
Matt Pawlowski  Guilford
Adam Smith  Guilford
Micah Fleet W&L

Second Team Defense
Darrick Gore  Bridgewater

Third Team Offense
Jacob Wright Bridgewater
Cedrick Delaney Shenandoah

Third Team Defense
Hunter Hoots Guilford
Tyler Hunt Guilford

hasanova

Quote from: jknezek on December 08, 2014, 02:01:40 PM
Congrats to the ODAC D3 All South Region Players.

First Team Offense
Holton Walker  H-SC
Jordan Hartman Bridgewater

First Team Defense
JerMario Gooch   Guilford

Second Team Offense
Matt Pawlowski  Guilford
Adam Smith  Guilford
Micah Fleet W&L

Second Team Defense
Darrick Gore  Bridgewater

Third Team Offense
Jacob Wright Bridgewater
Cedrick Delaney Shenandoah

Third Team Defense
Hunter Hoots Guilford
Tyler Hunt Guilford
Thanks for posting ... pretty sure Guilford's Satiir Stevenson was First Team Defense as well.

Bwana

Took a break from tree decorating to check score, and was terribly surprised by the halftime score in Alliance, Ohio.

What happened to Wesley?
NO, Tusky, You cannot MOON Dr. Geisert!

hscathletics

Quote from: Bwana on December 13, 2014, 02:07:45 PM
Took a break from tree decorating to check score, and was terribly surprised by the halftime score in Alliance, Ohio.

What happened to Wesley?
Mount Union happened

hasanova

I thought Wesley would fair better also.  Mount Union really put a first half beat down on the Wolverines.  Shows you the difference between the Purple teams and the rest of us.   I know they're the two best teams (again), but I just can't get excited about another Mount Union/UWW match-up.  I looked at the OAC record for Mt Union ... one conference loss in the last 16 years (143-1) and it may be more because that's as far as I looked up the records.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: hasanova on December 13, 2014, 08:08:59 PM
I thought Wesley would fair better also.  Mount Union really put a first half beat down on the Wolverines.  Shows you the difference between the Purple teams and the rest of us.   I know they're the two best teams (again), but I just can't get excited about another Mount Union/UWW match-up.  I looked at the OAC record for Mt Union ... one conference loss in the last 16 years (143-1) and it may be more because that's as far as I looked up the records.

And (some years, anyway) that is not a sign that the OAC is a weak conference.  IF Mount decisively downs UWW in the Stagg (I don't think they will, but IF they do), a strong case could be made that JCU is the #2 team in the country. ;)

hasanova

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on December 13, 2014, 08:15:14 PM

And (some years, anyway) that is not a sign that the OAC is a weak conference.  IF Mount decisively downs UWW in the Stagg (I don't think they will, but IF they do), a strong case could be made that JCU is the #2 team in the country. ;)
I agree.

Desertraider

That is correct. The conference loss was 21-14 to Ohio Northern in 2005. Mount recovered and won the Stagg that year (in part because of that game). But Mount since 1994 is 187-2 in conference. The 2005 loss and then in 1994 a 23-10 loss at home to Baldwin-Wallace. If you go from 1990 to current then it is 221-3-1.

I do understand the ack of excitement over another Mount/UWW game. In truth I thought Wesley had a shot. Can't even explain what they did - except take that shot at their own foot. Regardless-
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

hasanova

Quote from: desertraider on December 14, 2014, 10:09:59 AM

That is correct. The conference loss was 21-14 to Ohio Northern in 2005. Mount recovered and won the Stagg that year (in part because of that game). But Mount since 1994 is 187-2 in conference. The 2005 loss and then in 1994 a 23-10 loss at home to Baldwin-Wallace. If you go from 1990 to current then it is 221-3-1.

I do understand the ack of excitement over another Mount/UWW game. In truth I thought Wesley had a shot. Can't even explain what they did - except take that shot at their own foot. Regardless-
Impressive.  Thanks for the update.  +1

jknezek

I will never blame UWW and UMU for dominating everyone else. It is not their responsibility to be competitive at a lower level. I will, however, say that I just don't care about the Stagg. Over the last few years I've found myself watching less and less of the game, last year I just flipped in and out. This year I doubt I'll even bother. Just check the score the next day.

tigerfanalso

I agree. I can't stand the thought of watching another MU vs. UWW championship game. Like you, I have total respect for the two programs but this is very boring. outside of Linfield and a few others, there is no team that even has a chance to do anything about it. I don't understand the quality and the depth year over year. Seemingly only 4 or 5 D3 schools know how to recruit kids capable of playing for and winning a national championship and for that I say congrats. if I'm one of the coaches I'm going to retire and become a consultant to the rest of the D3 world and really make some $$$.

HSCTiger74

Here's a really scary thought ... imagine what would happen if Whitewater ever decided to grant instate tuition to Illinois residents, as some of the other WIAC schools do for nearby states.
TANSTAAFL

jknezek

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on December 15, 2014, 03:58:45 PM
   Here's a really scary thought ... imagine what would happen if Whitewater ever decided to grant instate tuition to Illinois residents, as some of the other WIAC schools do for nearby states.

Something else will change. The entire upper staff bolting for Buffalo will be a challenge for UWW. Getting those top 1% coaches a couple times in a row is hard to do. And it won't take much once the pattern is disrupted for UWW to drop back toward the WIAC median. Of course the WIAC median is still better than most of D3...

Pat Coleman

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on December 15, 2014, 03:58:45 PM

This would only get them a couple of kids. WIAC rosters are limited to 100 players, by conference rule. It's not like they carry 180 kids.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Bombers798891

Quote from: desertraider on December 14, 2014, 10:09:59 AM
If you go from 1990 to current then it is 221-3-1.

This is why I always roll my eyes at the "It's the responsibility of the other teams to raise their game and take down Mount". The entire OAC has taken a shot for a quarter-century and accomplished squat. Frankly, other than Whiewater, the entire country has accomplished next to nothing since 1996. It seems clear that 98% teams are either incapable or unwilling to do what Mount Union does to take them down at football.

That's, of course, not Mount's (or Whitewater's) fault, and I don't think anyone who's intelligent and objective about these things would claim otherwise. But it's impossible to claim that a level of dominance like that, for this long, is good for the sport. It's impossible to claim that the seemingly never-ending string of 40/50/60 point wins Mount's put up in that time is good for the sport.

Actually, that's the number I'd be really interested in. Since the start of 1996, when Mount embarked on that little 109-1 stretch, till now, what percentage of their games have they won by 40 or more points? I bet it would better the winning percentages of some of the winningest coaches in D-III.