D3 Championship Belt

Started by Just Bill, January 24, 2007, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Bill

Quote from: Hoops Fan on February 01, 2007, 09:18:17 AM

Well we'll probably have to have an actual belt before we put together a belt commission.

Hey, cut me some slack, I'm working on it!  These hot glue guns aren't as easy to handle as they look!
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

smedindy

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: smedindy on February 01, 2007, 10:23:35 AM
Just Bedazzle it!!! Heh!

It totally saves time and is a good value to boot.  (Although the shipping and handling can be a bear.)
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

David Collinge

Quote from: Hoops Fan on February 01, 2007, 09:18:17 AM

Well we'll probably have to have an actual belt before we put together a belt commission.

Also, you might have to handicap the royal rumble.  100 hoops is no fair to Wittenberg if Grinnell or UPS is involved.

Are you kidding?  Wittenberg would get to 100 hoops a hour before Grinnell.  One hundred points might be a bit closer, as it would only require about 35 hoops from Grotberg vs. 50 from Borchers, but I'd still take Witt.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Yeah, I was more going on the assumption that GC has 18 guys who are used to launching a million shots a minute, whereas the slow down teams are used to a more sedate pace.  They might miss more, but they essentially take more. 

We're well beyond where this analogy should have led us.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

diehardfan

Quote from: Hoops Fan on February 01, 2007, 11:45:30 AM
That could be the motto of the CCIW Chat. :)
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

keith45

This chat is HILLARIOUS :D ;D :D ;D
I actually read all three pages...does that make me a loser too..but still funny

hopefan

I have to admit that an 8 team royal rumble, all teams on the court at the same time, score at either hoop, multiple balls in play, leaves a great deal to the imagination  -  all of a sudden I'm reminded of Mad magazine back in the 60s       a game they played called "squamish".....
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

cawcdad

Quote from: hopefan on February 01, 2007, 02:17:32 PM
I have to admit that an 8 team royal rumble, all teams on the court at the same time, score at either hoop, multiple balls in play, leaves a great deal to the imagination  -  all of a sudden I'm reminded of Mad magazine back in the 60s       a game they played called "squamish".....
Was the Mad magazine game played in British Columbia? Click here

mrmike88

I think it should be played NBA Jam style, with no fouls.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: diehardfan on February 01, 2007, 01:47:31 PM

Analogies per se aren't always the issue in CCIW Chat. Our multiple-page digressions come about in a fashion that is much more (to use April's favorite word) random. F'rinstance, I've been a fixture on CCIW Chat since it began nine years ago, and I never would've guessed that we'd have a three-day brouhaha over where a former CCIW coach and his wife chose to sit during a CCIW game.

Quote from: hopefan on February 01, 2007, 02:17:32 PM
I have to admit that an 8 team royal rumble, all teams on the court at the same time, score at either hoop, multiple balls in play, leaves a great deal to the imagination  -  all of a sudden I'm reminded of Mad magazine back in the 60s       a game they played called "squamish".....

Ready for a walk down memory lane, Hopefan? Here's that MAD piece on 43-Man Squamish from the June 1965 issue:

http://www.collectmad.com/madcoversite/index-quiz_olympics.html
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

smedindy

I had that issue once upon a time...I got it at a garage sale. And of course, I sold it at a garage sale. Eeediot!

Just Bill

I've been running a 43-man Squamish Fantasy League for a few years now.  If you want in let me know.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

David Collinge

I think the Grinnell System is based on 43-man Squamish to a very large degree.  The 'P' in 'Jeff P' must stand for 'Probate Judge.'   ;D

diehardfan

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 02, 2007, 06:24:55 AM
Quote from: diehardfan on February 01, 2007, 01:47:31 PM

Analogies per se aren't always the issue in CCIW Chat. Our multiple-page digressions come about in a fashion that is much more (to use April's favorite word) random. F'rinstance, I've been a fixture on CCIW Chat since it began nine years ago, and I never would've guessed that we'd have a three-day brouhaha over where a former CCIW coach and his wife chose to sit during a CCIW game.
Hey, if I was Todd Raridon, I'd be a little miffed if my wife chose to sat in the opposing team's section.... :D

But I didn't mean just analogies. More like "We're well beyond where this (insert: analogy, dicsussion, argument, comment, word, game, etc) should have led us. I was just stating the obvious in that things tend to get discussed to death over there. :)
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC