Olivia Weinel with 13 points

Terese Greene and Sarah Sondrol with 10 points a piece

Sierra St. Cyr led Shenandoah with 6 rebounds

Madisen Kimble led Shenandoah with 5 assists

Leading scorers for Roanoke--

Kristina Harrel with a game high 16 points

Ayanna Scarborough with 13 points and 7 rebounds

Whitney Hopson and Renee Alquiza led Roanoke with 3 assists a piece

Shenandoah shot 21-51 from the field (41.2%), 2-15 from 3 pt land (13.3%), and 13-17 from the charity stripe (76.5%)

Roanoke shot 19-50 from the field (38%), 3-14 from 3 pt land (21.4%), and 13-19 from the charity stripe (68.4%)

Roanoke outrebounded Shenandoah 34-29, 11-8 on the offensive glass

Shenandoah made 11 assists and committed 18 turnovers-- 7 of which were as a result of Roanoke steals

Roanoke made 10 assists and committed 23 turnovers-- 11 of which were as a result of Shenandoah steals

Points off turnovers-- Roanoke won that category, 16-15

Points in the paint-- Roanoke won that category, 32-26

Second chance points-- Roanoke won that category, 3-2

Bench points-- Roanoke won that category, 18-15

deiscanton

Congratulations to Washington & Lee on getting the #1 seed in the ODAC tournament this year, and on Coach Christine Clancy (Brandeis '06-- women's basketball) being named ODAC Coach of the Year.

Nothing against Randolph, Roanoke, and Randolph-Macon (also coached by people that I am familiar with) (as well as the other ODAC teams in the tournament), but hopefully this is the weekend that Coach Clancy and Washington & Lee can finally win the ODAC Championship and the AQ after falling short a few years ago in the title game.

So far, Washington & Lee won today over Guilford, and they will play tomorrow night at 6 PM Eastern in semifinal #1 in Salem, VA against the winner of Shenandoah vs Randolph-- which is going on right now.

deiscanton

Halftime in quarterfinal match #2-- Shenandoah leading over Randolph, 34-31.  Winner plays Washington & Lee tomorrow evening in Semifinal #1.

deiscanton

Washington & Lee will play Shenandoah at 6 PM Eastern tomorrow, as the Hornets ended Randolph's season with a 63-57 win to advance to the ODAC semifinals.

Coach Steve Lanpher's Randolph WildCats finish the season at 16-7, 12-5 in ODAC play.

deiscanton

Well, I would have liked to see Washington & Lee play Randolph-Macon for the AQ today, but I get Shenandoah vs Randolph-Macon instead.

No worries.   I would like to think that this year's ODAC AQ will also unofficially be "the UAA's 2nd team by proxy"-- as no Pool C bid will be awarded to the UAA in women's hoop this year-- most likely.

2 former Rochester assistant coaches pit their teams against each other in this "chess match" today, as Jay Murry of Wash U would like to say, in Coach Melissa (Kraft) Smeltzer-Kraft and Coach Lindsey Burke.

Both teams would be great honorary "UAA proxy" teams in this year's NCAA DIII Women's Basketball Tournament, but as Lindsey Burke also worked for Aaron Roussell in the past, I am going to say good luck to Randolph-Macon and hope that they beat Shenandoah today for the AQ.

hoopstermom

Congratulations to Shenandoah on their win in the ODAC finals.  It was tough shooting day for both teams, but free throws sealed the win for them. 

I'm sure hoping that Washington and Lee gets a bid to the dance as well.

Best of luck in the final NCAA playoffs. 

hoopstermom

W&L is in!!!  They are very deserving. 

I hope the player who was injured late in their semi-final game is doing well. 

Great for the ODAC to have two teams get to the final tournament. 

Go Generals!!  Go Hornets!!

hoopstermom

Awesome win for the W&L Generals tonight against previously unbeaten and 3rd ranked Rhode Island College.  Mary Schleusner continues to set records including a playoff record effort tonight with 33 rebounds along with 34 points.  Congratulations!!  Way to represent your school and the ODAC!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Schleusner set the single game record (for the second time in this tournament) and the overall tournament record for rebounds tonight.  It took her just three games to break a record set over six.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere