Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

sjfcards

Sorry if I may have missed this, but does anyone know what is going on with Chaz Lott at Fisher. He has not been playing for a couple weeks now, but looking at the box scores, he played one minute against Utica on 2/1?

Hopefully it is not a injury, or at least not a serious one.
GO FISHER!!!

dcahill44

I believe it is an injury because i watched the utica game and he got hurt 1 minute into the game. Not sure how long as i have heard multiple reports.

AUPepBand

Quote from: sjfcards on February 11, 2016, 02:02:10 PM
Sorry if I may have missed this, but does anyone know what is going on with Chaz Lott at Fisher. He has not been playing for a couple weeks now, but looking at the box scores, he played one minute against Utica on 2/1?

Hopefully it is not a injury, or at least not a serious one.

Pep was watching the Fisher at Alfred game online on Wednesday, Jan. 27 and remember Chaz Lott went down hard and appeared to have hurt his knee. He was on the floor for a good two or three minutes. He didn't play the rest of the way. If Pep is correct and it IS a knee injury, those things can be pesty and may require surgery. And knowing how competitive Lott is, he likely attempted to play on it, which would explain just a few minutes in a game.

Pep was slowed by a knee injury about 15 years ago...it buckled when Pep fell off the back of a bus and landed on one leg. Doctor said surgery was needed. Pep said no. Doctor said "no more basketball." Pep said "oh yes I will." Doctor said, "Then get a knee brace." Pep wore a knee brace for the next year or so...but forgot it one day and has played without it ever since.

Best of luck to Lott...he's a real competitor!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

magicman

The Empire 8 Conference is set as St. John Fisher earns the #1 seed in the conference tournament and will host the semifinals next Friday February 26th.

#4 Stevens Tech  at #1 St. John Fisher    6:00 PM

#3 Hartwick  vs #2 Nazareth                    8:00 PM

Championship game Saturday February 27th at St. John Fisher at 4:00 PM

sjfcards

Quote from: magicman on February 20, 2016, 09:05:28 PM
The Empire 8 Conference is set as St. John Fisher earns the #1 seed in the conference tournament and will host the semifinals next Friday February 26th.

#4 Stevens Tech  at #1 St. John Fisher    6:00 PM

#3 Hartwick  vs #2 Nazareth                    8:00 PM

Championship game Saturday February 27th at St. John Fisher at 4:00 PM

Should be a good tournament and I could see any one of the four teams winning it. Fisher has looked good at home, but Stevens beat them and played them right down to the wire this year. That should be a tough game, but I will take Fisher in another tight one. The Hartwick/Naz game could be a lot of fun, but I am leaning toward Naz since they should have some fans in the stands to bring some energy.

A Naz/Fisher championship would be a lot of fun. Several years ago they played at Fisher in the conference tournament championship and it was a great game. I would love to get up to that game if that actually happens. I'll take Fisher again in a tight one, but it will be really tough to beat Naz 3 times in a season. Should be a lot of fun to watch it all.
GO FISHER!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

dcahill44

Empire 8 2015-16 Men's Basketball All-Conference Awards

Player of the Year: Mitch Ford, Nazareth College

Rookie of the Year: Tyler Stenglein, Nazareth College

Co-Coaching Staff of the Year: Nazareth College & St. John Fisher College
First Team
Trevor Norton Hartwick G Sr. Mullica Hill, NJ/Bishop Eustace Prep
Marc Chasin Ithaca G So. Coral Gables, FL/Gulliver
Mitch Ford Nazareth F Sr. Victor, NY/Victor
Tyler Hart St. John Fisher G Sr. East Greenbush, NY/Columbia
Keegan Ryan St. John Fisher F/C Jr. Plattsburgh, NY/Beekmantown

Second Team
Tyler Seelman Alfred G Jr. Lorton, VA/Hayfield Secondary
Matt Wilson Hartwick C Sr. Shelton, CT/Westminster
Maurice Mills Nazareth F Sr. Utica, NY/Proctor
Tyler Stenglein Nazareth G So. Rochester, NY/Irondequoit
Evan Klimchak Stevens G Jr. Readington, NJ/Hunterdon

Honorable Mention (minimum three votes)

Gino Leonardi Elmira G Sr. Spencer, NY/Spencer – Van Etten
Joey Lufkin Hartwick G Jr. Argyle, NY/Argyle Central
Robert Tutein Utica G Sr. Nanuet, NY/Nanuet

Sportsman of the Year for each team

Nigel Herbert Alfred G Jr. Hillsborough, NJ/Hillsborough
Justin Henderson Elmira G Sr. Staten Island, NY/St. Joseph by the Sea
Glenn Gavan Hartwick G Sr. Newton, NJ/Pope John XXII
Tyler McQuaid Houghton C Sr. Lowman, NY/Twin Tiers Christian Academy
Matt Flood Ithaca G Fr. Cresskill, NJ/Cresskill
Tyler Stenglein Nazareth G So. Rochester, NY/Irondequoit
Alex Sausville St. John Fisher G So. Schenectady, NY/Scotia-Glenville
Alex Lorenz Stevens F Sr. Point Pleasant, NJ/Point Pleasant Borough
Robert Tutein Utica G Sr. Nanuet, NY/Nanuet

Great to see Nazareth College representing. Tremendous job by the coaching staff to get co staff of the year. Mitch Ford who has had an all american type year and should be region player of the year. Tyler Stenglein with a tremendous year as a Freshman. Along with Maurice and Tyler being 2nd team all league, and Mitch first team. Great year.

AndOne

Can anyone venture a guess about the possibility of Hartwick being regionally ranked if they should win tonight? Thanks.

pg04

Quote from: AndOne on February 27, 2016, 02:18:39 PM
Can anyone venture a guess about the possibility of Hartwick being regionally ranked if they should win tonight? Thanks.

I am not sure. One of the posters here does a good job of computing the rankings and had Hartwick as 11th after last night ( http://detroitjockcity.com/division-iii-mens-basketball-regional-rankings-data/ ). So I am not sure the one win would boost them in to the top 6. But I suppose it could given those ahead of them not playing anymore/ lost early in tourneys. In the end, though, if Hartwick wins they get into the tourney anyway regardless of their standing.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hartwick didn't get regionally ranked... and really didn't have a chance to be regionally ranked.

magicman

Quote from: AndOne on February 27, 2016, 02:18:39 PM

Hoping to get North Central a little boost from that win over Hartwick, AndOne? Unfortunately for you, Hartwick won't make the rankings. But then North Central doesn't have to worry, they'll get a bid and won't need that win over another regional ranked opponent. :D

magicman

I'm asking all the people that visit this board to take the time to help get the East Region another player in the All Star game that takes place during the Final Four weekend in Salem Virginia. Go to this link and cast your ballot for Kyle Richardson from Plattsburgh State:

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2016/03/nabc-all-star-voting

You may have to click the refresh button if the vote totals already show up. So if they are showing a percentage for each player click refresh. 

You can vote once for each browser you have, so if you have 2 computers vote on each of them. We can only vote from now until noon on Wednesday, soDON'T wait and DO spread the news to your friends.
We need all the help we can muster to get Kyle to Virginia.

You don't have to be a registered user of the D3hoops website. Just pull up the page go to the link and cast your ballot. So get your wives, girl friends, mistresses, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and every friend you have, or ever did have, to jump online and vote as well. Kyle will need all the help he can get because the other regions have more schools than our region does.

Thanks for your help. 8-) 

gordonmann

This is a quiet board, but just in case anyone is lurking, we have all the Empire men's and women's basketball schedules posted for next season except for St. John Fisher. If you click on the team pages, they will still default to last season for a little while. But you can get next season's schedules by switching the dates at the end of the URL.

http://d3hoops.com/teams/Hartwick/Men/2016-17/index
http://d3hoops.com/teams/Stevens/Women/2016-17/index

sjfcards

Quote from: gordonmann on September 19, 2016, 01:33:05 PM
This is a quiet board, but just in case anyone is lurking, we have all the Empire men's and women's basketball schedules posted for next season except for St. John Fisher. If you click on the team pages, they will still default to last season for a little while. But you can get next season's schedules by switching the dates at the end of the URL.

http://d3hoops.com/teams/Hartwick/Men/2016-17/index
http://d3hoops.com/teams/Stevens/Women/2016-17/index

Fisher has posted their schedule to the webpage, with a few interesting OOC games. York College, Hobart (not sure the last time Fisher played them), and the College of Wooster highlight the early season slate. Also a game against SUNY Cortland has my personal interest.

I don't see the Wendy's College Classic anywhere on the schedule. Has that been done away with finally?
GO FISHER!!!