We still play soccer here

Started by 2xfaux, September 22, 2014, 04:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2xfaux

Since it was my brain fart that killed the discussion here almost two years ago, I will remind everyone that from Lynchburg to upstate New York there is some great soccer being played.  All through New Jersey, Maryland and Pa. good things are happening.  Any thoughts?

woacfan

2xfaux, who do you see as surprising this year?  I haven't been down to PA. this year, but they always had strong teams.  I know Messiah is back in form.  Do you have any insights on Scranton or Gettysburg.  I know they both have traditionally been good teams, but I haven't really kept track of them. 
Any other mid Atlantic teams you like?

"We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" - Brian Clough

2xfaux

I am not sure this will ever happen again but on consecutive nights the Stevenson U. Men's and Women's teams put the the first blemishes on the #1 Messiah M and W squads.  Both were ties.  This comes on the heels of less than impressive showings by both Messiah teams versus LVC last weekend.  I will be interested to see how this effects the NCAA Regional Rankings next week.  I don't know anything about the Stevenson men but their women's team is, I think, much better than 5-5-4 record would suggest.  We shall see!   

2xfaux

It would seem to me that Lynchburg 21-0 with 108 goals scored and 2 goals against would be a team that no one is hoping to see early in the NCAA Tournament??

mmccrr

Impressive yes but a 2-1 win vs john Hopkins deems more impressive than 11-0 win vs Eastern Mennonite.  Was somewhat surprised with the 1-0 OT win vs Va Wesleyan ..perhaps they are looking past the ODAC Championships at this point. 

They seem like they could be a team seen in the final four no doubt.  Always need a little luck with the draw.

2xfaux

I agree that the Hopkins win was the Hornets most important and that lots of goals against weaker ODAC teams have padded the goals scored.  I think the 2 goals against is what impresses me most.

2xfaux

The women's selection folks have some work to do.  Messiah, Williams, Hopkins and Ithaca all lost in their conference tournaments.  I assume Conn College would have been in with an at large bid but Naz, Swat, and Stevenson probably not.  Some folks are going to be terribly disappointed.  I guess we will know tomorrow.