2014 / 2015 Coaching Carousel

Started by Mr.Right, December 11, 2014, 09:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Bart

Quote from: Saint of Old on April 04, 2016, 02:41:52 PM
McCabe was a great Coach.
With ANY luck at all he would have beat every LL playoff team last year.
He singlehandedly turned around that program in the span of a few years and they were definitely on an upward swing!

I did not know him, but from everything I'm reading, he was also an AMAZING individual as well.

A great coach/person and will be missed.

A big shout-out to (and for) the late Andrew McCabe -- a creative, passionate, caring, and unique person
Getting to know him a bit was a pleasure.
God speed.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Any word on the Stevenson HC job? I still have not heard any rumors or seen any posts about this opening.

casualfan

Benedictine University (IL) Head Coach Rich Nassif moved on to become Northwestern assistant. BenU has been on the rise for a few years with a promising young team. Could be a good landing spot.

Mr.Right

Kyle Dezotell has left Norwich University(VT) for Manhattanville. Dezotell was a great player for Middlebury and had been at Norwich for maybe 7-10 years and I thought did a fine coaching jobs considering what he had to work with. Norwich a military school is extremely hard to recruit for. The interesting part of this is I really thought he would be first in line to replace Saward at Middlebury when he retires in 2 years. Former players with 7-10 years Head coaching experience and former assistant at Midd before that would in my mind be a logical replacement for Saward. I guess not as he would not have moved on if he had felt confident he would have gotten Midd's job.

Former Northeastern assistant to Ainscough Adam Pfeifer gets the Norwich job. He played for Ed Kelly at BC for 4 years and had been volunteering at Midd as an assistant the past 2 years. He has a reputation of being a very good recruiter( kind of like Gabe Margolis at Brandeis). He had his hands all over Northeastern's recruiting when he was there. Not sure if he knows his X's and O's as good as others but we will see the style he uses at Norwich

Ommadawn

Quote from: Mr.Right on August 10, 2016, 03:49:34 PM
Kyle Dezotell has left Norwich University(VT) for Manhattanville. Dezotell was a great player for Middlebury and had been at Norwich for maybe 7-10 years and I thought did a fine coaching jobs considering what he had to work with. Norwich a military school is extremely hard to recruit for. The interesting part of this is I really thought he would be first in line to replace Saward at Middlebury when he retires in 2 years. Former players with 7-10 years Head coaching experience and former assistant at Midd before that would in my mind be a logical replacement for Saward. I guess not as he would not have moved on if he had felt confident he would have gotten Midd's job.

It's surprising to see Coach Dezotell departing with such a strong recruiting class coming in.  One of the new players is on the U19 national team.

Mr.Right

Quote from: Ommadawn on August 10, 2016, 05:10:36 PM
Quote from: Mr.Right on August 10, 2016, 03:49:34 PM

It's surprising to see Coach Dezotell departing with such a strong recruiting class coming in.  One of the new players is on the U19 national team.

Really? I did not even realize that. Do we have more info on this player or a quick link?   Are we sure Dezotell snagged him or Pfeifer?

Christan Shirk

BTW, for anyone that hadn't noticed, we (D3soccer.com) finally got a chance to work on the coaching carousel and post the changes we are aware of (38 men's changes and 33 women's changes).

2016 Men's Coaching Carousel

2016 Women's Coaching Carousel
Christan Shirk
Special Consultant and Advisor
D3soccer.com

Ommadawn

Quote from: Mr.Right on August 10, 2016, 05:26:34 PM
Really? I did not even realize that. Do we have more info on this player or a quick link?   Are we sure Dezotell snagged him or Pfeifer?

I'm not sure how much Coach Pfeifer was involved (assistant Sam Alden is credited for putting the class together), but here's some info on the player (and the strong class of recruits):

http://www.norwichathletics.com/sports/msoc/2016-17/releases/20160615omxail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhT0OyQWE20

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/07/18/21/31/160718-u19mnt-friedel-names-22-player-roster-for-2016-cotif-tournament

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/abdulkadir-haji-making-most-of-new-home_aid25796

I don't think he ever played a game for the Revs, but was a prep school champion with Lawrence Academy. 

Mr.Right

Wow...That is an impressive list of recruits for Norwich(VT)....Alot of internationals wit a couple from England, Ghana and Jamaica...Hate to stereotype but could we be seeing some serious skill and flair for this side? They have been very direct and predictable the past 20 years

Abdulkadir Haji kid has some serious skill and flair...Some of those moves and thru balls are very impressive

MIddlebury opens their season against Norwich...They better be ready and focused as they might take Norwich lightly

lastguyoffthebench

Stevens Tech does not have a coach at the moment?  Is the assistant stepping up as the interim?

Flying Weasel

Quote from: lastguyoffthebench on August 15, 2016, 03:57:21 PM
Stevens Tech does not have a coach at the moment?  Is the assistant stepping up as the interim?

Not clear: http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs?keywords=stevens&sort=

Ohh, just out . . . Head coaching position filled by Dale Jordan http://www.stevensducks.com/news/2016/8/15/jordan-named-head-mens-soccer-coach.aspx

Mr.Right

Update

Pittsburgh Riverhounds Record:  4-15-4

Dave Brandt W-L Record.....4-13-1....

We all know MLS teams have been reaping millions from all these new teams entering the league and the expansion fees each team receives. Some of the new markets entering the league are ting to shock to say the least. I am starting to wonder if Brandt figured a market the size of Pittsburgh might eventually get one. He would then get his chance to prove himself in MLS. Garber is whoring out this league to the point of  such player saturation for US based players.

SoccerKick

Quote from: Mr.Right on August 24, 2016, 07:08:49 PM
Update

Pittsburgh Riverhounds Record:  4-15-4

Dave Brandt W-L Record.....4-13-1....

Not sure how Brandt has 4 wins, Pittsburgh beat Toronto FC 2-1 the day before he was hired: http://riverhounds.com/2016/05/22/dave-brandt-selected-as-riverhounds-head-coach/

Mr.Right

Ahh good catch...lets knock it down to 3-13-1

Mr.Right

Time to get this off season list going. I know a few openings have already come about around the D3 nation but feel free to add any info if you have any on if the coach was let go or if he went onto a different opportunity maybe in D3 somewhere else or D1 as an assistant or even as a Head Coach. I will check back on this throughout the off season. If I can add anything to it I will but otherwise feel free. By March / April we can start again on the weekly Dave Brandt watch in the USL and maybe even the likes of John Harkes in the USL at Cincinnati.