Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamski

Quote from: thewaterboy on December 03, 2012, 04:03:27 PM
Looking back, I think the LiDarral Bailey flip touchdown pass was the back breaker for Wesley. Should have had a sack but LDB hit the moneyball and put it perfectly where his reciever could catch it, intentionally or not. It was just a sign that everything was going to go UMHB's way the rest of the game...and it did.

I just hope that Bailey can play like that against MU without too many mistakes.  I want to see the Crusaders win this one.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

DE Wesley Fan

There were several of those moments where I think the tide would have turned for us if we'd been able to corral Bailey better - even thinking back to their first or second drive when Morris had him in his sights but he wiggled away.  Great players make great plays in the big games, and he certainly did.  Couldn't agree more with Ski - hope he does more of the same on Saturday to end Mt. Union's year.   

wesleydad

the only thing good about that play is that it worked.  glad i got to see the opposite end zone shot, makes it look even worse/luckier than i thought it was.  if the d back stays were he was it is likely picked off and possibly returned for a td.  it was a prayer that was answered, a 1 in 10 chance and i wam sure as the play was happening his coach was saying no, no, NO, YES great play.  wesley should have had the game in hand at that point had they scored when they had the chance to.  umhb will have to play a better game than that to win saturday.

HScoach

I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

wesleydad

got it, replied back to you.  hope i answered your questions.

DE Wesley Fan

Quote from: wesleydad on December 03, 2012, 07:19:22 PM
the only thing good about that play is that it worked.  glad i got to see the opposite end zone shot, makes it look even worse/luckier than i thought it was.  if the d back stays were he was it is likely picked off and possibly returned for a td.  it was a prayer that was answered, a 1 in 10 chance and i wam sure as the play was happening his coach was saying no, no, NO, YES great play.  wesley should have had the game in hand at that point had they scored when they had the chance to.  umhb will have to play a better game than that to win saturday.

Agree that they'll have to play a much cleaner game this week.  You're right that Wesley should have had it locked up before then - but good teams just have that way of not letting you capitalize, of not letting you play your game.   I'd equate it somewhat to our game at LC - thought they played an overall better game but we just made the vital plays when they had to be made.  In the end, the things that killed us Saturday were the same things we'd struggled with all year.   Hopefully the coaches will learn from some of their mistakes, and the returning players learn from theirs to come back stronger next year. 

We sure had a blast following the team around this year - got to visit some interesting places, see some wonderful sights, and meet really nice people.  I hope those young men had some memorable experiences and enjoyed it even half as much.  Not the ending any of us wanted, but certainly a fun ride and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: DE Wesley Fan on December 03, 2012, 10:58:04 PM

Agree that they'll have to play a much cleaner game this week.  You're right that Wesley should have had it locked up before then - but good teams just have that way of not letting you capitalize, of not letting you play your game.   I'd equate it somewhat to our game at LC - thought they played an overall better game but we just made the vital plays when they had to be made.  In the end, the things that killed us Saturday were the same things we'd struggled with all year.   Hopefully the coaches will learn from some of their mistakes, and the returning players learn from theirs to come back stronger next year. 

We sure had a blast following the team around this year - got to visit some interesting places, see some wonderful sights, and meet really nice people.  I hope those young men had some memorable experiences and enjoyed it even half as much.  Not the ending any of us wanted, but certainly a fun ride and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity.
Respectfully, the "Wesley nation/fandom" says the same thing every year about Week #14 or #15 and after every loss or near-defeat.

I almost think that it is cultural in the Wesley Program.  "Ya dance with the one who brung ya."  You either blow someone away in finest Dancin' with the Stars fashion or your toes get stomped on!

Wesley's "culture" is different from the MIAC or WIAC or Linfield or Hobart.  I think that Wesley does so well against the ASC because in many ways, we dance to the same tune!  As for UMU, they have their own culture, and it is amazing to behold.

DE Wesley Fan

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 03, 2012, 11:14:33 PM
Quote from: DE Wesley Fan on December 03, 2012, 10:58:04 PM

Agree that they'll have to play a much cleaner game this week.  You're right that Wesley should have had it locked up before then - but good teams just have that way of not letting you capitalize, of not letting you play your game.   I'd equate it somewhat to our game at LC - thought they played an overall better game but we just made the vital plays when they had to be made.  In the end, the things that killed us Saturday were the same things we'd struggled with all year.   Hopefully the coaches will learn from some of their mistakes, and the returning players learn from theirs to come back stronger next year. 

Respectfully, the "Wesley nation/fandom" says the same thing every year about Week #14 or #15 and after every loss or near-defeat.

I almost think that it is cultural in the Wesley Program.  "Ya dance with the one who brung ya."  You either blow someone away in finest Dancin' with the Stars fashion or your toes get stomped on!Wesley's "culture" is different from the MIAC or WIAC or Linfield or Hobart.  I think that Wesley does so well against the ASC because in many ways, we dance to the same tune!  As for UMU, they have their own culture, and it is amazing to behold.

I thought this year was a little different in that we had so many close regular season games, due to the scheduling of tougher teams.  Was hoping that would lead to improved play, and give us the physical and mental toughness needed to make it over the hump in the playoffs but it just didn't happen.

Ralph Turner

PA_wesleyfan

Sometimes things just don't happen the way we see them coming together. Doesn't mean the talents not there. Injuries we don't here about can have an impact. Sometimes the other team is better and sometimes you just lose!
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

beenhit2hard

Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on December 04, 2012, 10:45:28 PM
Sometimes things just don't happen the way we see them coming together. Doesn't mean the talents not there. Injuries we don't here about can have an impact. Sometimes the other team is better and sometimes you just lose!

Only one team can be the champ,,31 other entered and tried but go home sad,,it is a tough way to end a season, but it happens to all teams ,,even MUC/UMU,,.
On another note,, how is the back ,,still good ??

PA_wesleyfan

beenhit2hard 

the back is holding on so far. thanks for asking
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

Teamski

As we wait for the Stagg bowl on Friday, I was thinking about the QB situation at Wesley. This next year is going to be a big question mark.  We have Callihan coming back from a red shirt season with next to no in-game experience.  I think I saw him once at the end of a game last season.  The coaches swear by his passing capabilities and yet we really know nothing about him.  That will be just one major issue.  I know we lost the O-line seniors this year as well.  So, is next year another building year for the team?  I know we are getting some great guys back on both sides of the ball.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

thewaterboy

Two guys that come to mind on the roster that were out this year were Duke Herald and Brandon Wright. Wesley is going to have a good secondary if Herald returns, and Wright is just as good a runner as Jahad.

So theres some upside. Dont know much about Callahan though.

@d3jason

I really liked what I saw from Callahan last Spring. He has a cannon. He was very impressive as a freshman during his first camp in the Widener scrimmage in 2010.