FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USee

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 04, 2018, 02:38:59 PM
The reputation-shattered CCIW has gone from 7th in Kickoff 2018 to...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

5th in ATN's midseason re-ranking.

Thanks exclusively to my marketing campaign.

Pat Coleman

Thankfully, Adam Turer has made no bones about how little he reads the message board.  ;D
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

thunderdog

Quote from: USee on October 04, 2018, 02:46:23 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on October 04, 2018, 02:38:59 PM
The reputation-shattered CCIW has gone from 7th in Kickoff 2018 to...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

5th in ATN's midseason re-ranking.

Thanks exclusively to my marketing campaign.

;D
Funny stuff guys, funny stuff...

Gregory Sager

Quote from: 79jaybird on October 04, 2018, 01:38:46 PM
And my friend, IWU Alumnus Wayne Messmer,   is (as far as I know) scheduled to do the anthem prior to the game?   What a treat!

I saw him in the third-base concourse at Wrigley on Tuesday night, a few minutes before the introduction to the starting lineups of the Wild Card game. I didn't bother him (his business partner is a North Park alumnus and a friend of mine), because it's not a good idea to talk to someone who is just about to sing in front of 40,000 people.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AndOne

Unfortunately, Messmer's performance 👍 was much better than that of the Cubs 👎.

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AndOne

Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 04, 2018, 05:00:15 PM
Faint praise.  :(

Not really. Messmer didn't have to turn in a + performance but did. The Cubs had to but didn't.
On that particular night, I would have preferred the tables be turned.
I would have still liked Messmer's anthem at a notch below what it was. And, had the Cubs won, he could have come back for an encore.  :)

Gregory Sager

It's faint praise in the sense that the Cubs set a low bar for anybody, be it Messmer or somebody else, to beat, performance-wise.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 04, 2018, 09:05:19 PM
It's faint praise in the sense that the Cubs set a low bar for anybody, be it Messmer or somebody else, to beat, performance-wise.

True, but would you would expect anything beyond 'faint praise' from AndOne for ANY IWU product?! :o

I don't recall if IWU70 has ever mentioned it, but IWU has an amazing music school, opera and otherwise. ;)  (I nearly married a piano major, voice minor at IWU, but she dumped me while she was teaching near Wausau WI and I was in grad school at UM.  Considering Mrs. Y and I have been married 41+ years, I'm grateful she had better sense than I! ;D)

AndOne

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 04, 2018, 10:01:18 PM

True, but would you would expect anything beyond 'faint praise' from AndOne for ANY IWU product?! :o

I don't recall if IWU70 has ever mentioned it, but IWU has an amazing music school, opera and otherwise. ;)  (I nearly married a piano major, voice minor at IWU, but she dumped me while she was teaching near Wausau WI and I was in grad school at UM. Considering Mrs. Y and I have been married 41+ years, I'm grateful she had better sense than I ;D)

Hey, I didn't even know Messmer was a Weenie graduate. Gimme a break. :o

That statement about your former friend, especially the 2nd part, might get you in hot water with your better half. Think about it.  ;)

I'll bet you a million bucks that 70 has regaled us with stories about IWU's amazing music school—probably more than once. After all, he's told us several times that everything green is always the best.  ::)

79jaybird

41+ years of marriage?  Wow!  Congrats!  That is awesome.  Mrs. Jaybird and I will hit 10 years this coming June.  My girls are into swimming and hockey (through no influence of her hockey goalie dad  :P  )   so perhaps one of the CCIW schools for swimming and Lake Forest, Adrian, or one of the UW schools for hockey.   At 8 & 6 still a LONG way away. 
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

robertgoulet

Former NCC AD Walter Johnson was the best to ever do it.  ;D
You win! You always do!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: AndOne on October 05, 2018, 12:23:28 AMI'll bet you a million bucks that 70 has regaled us with stories about IWU's amazing music school—probably more than once. After all, he's told us several times that everything green is always the best.  ::)

Your memory has a blind spot on this one, Mark. The other Mark (iwu70) offered fulsome praise on the CCIW basketball board to some leather-lunged IWU-alumna opera singer on two or three separate occasions, which made IWU opera singers a running joke on the basketball board. While we're all aware of Mark's green-tinted glasses, I think that an equally important lesson here is that d3boards.com really doesn't draw much in the way of opera buffs. ;)

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 04, 2018, 02:47:39 PM
Thankfully, Adam Turer has made no bones about how little he reads the message board.  ;D

Look at all the fun stuff he's missing. ;)

gryfalia

Quote from: 79jaybird on October 05, 2018, 09:04:44 AM
41+ years of marriage?  Wow!  Congrats!  That is awesome.  Mrs. Jaybird and I will hit 10 years this coming June.  My girls are into swimming and hockey (through no influence of her hockey goalie dad  :P  )   so perhaps one of the CCIW schools for swimming and Lake Forest, Adrian, or one of the UW schools for hockey.   At 8 & 6 still a LONG way away.

As a Wheatie I've been married to an IWU Titan for 20 years.  We missed our yearly 'go see the big game' because I was sick this year, but the Titans made me cry two years in a row..;-/

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: 79jaybird on October 05, 2018, 09:04:44 AM

Thanks!  I feel like virtual newlyweds compared to my parents - they were married 70+ years before dad passed away!