FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Fan

Congrats to NC.  Entertain game. 
Wheaton wins easy.  CCIW looking strong.

Stagg Again!!

Quote from: kiko on November 30, 2019, 03:21:14 PM
Without question the biggest win in program history.

HELL YEAH!!  I think NCC is better than John Carroll.  Any doubters?

GoPerry

Quote from: gryfalia on November 30, 2019, 03:19:40 PM
Wow, was planning to go to the Wheaton game today, but due to the weather I didn't do the 2 hour drive.  Which allowed me to watch the Wheaton AND North Central games.  What a day!

Wheaton played today too. . . .?   ;D

USee

Quote from: Stagg or Bust on November 30, 2019, 03:26:53 PM
Quote from: kiko on November 30, 2019, 03:21:14 PM
Without question the biggest win in program history.

HELL YEAH!!  I think NCC is better than John Carroll.  Any doubters?

The last team in the field may end up as the last team standing.(Ok, they still have some ground to cover)

kiko

With Delaware Valley beating Wesley, I believe North Central is in line for a home game next weekend.

New Tradition

Quote from: kiko on November 30, 2019, 03:29:23 PM
With Delaware Valley beating Wesley, I believe North Central is in line for a home game next weekend.

I would freak out if I got to call 1 more, but wasn't that a 2 and a 3 and we were a 4?
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

cciw83

Finally got over the hump with the big boys. I have never seen a NCC offensive performance against a quality team like that. Congrats to everyone!

kiko

Quote from: New Tradition on November 30, 2019, 03:30:48 PM

I would freak out if I got to call 1 more, but wasn't that a 2 and a 3 and we were a 4?

Delaware Valley won on the road in Round 1, so they would have been seeded #6.  The only way they were seeded above North Central is if the seeds were slotted into the bracket in an unbalanced way because of the breadth of geography it covered.

gryfalia

So, ignorant question, but I'm not much into D3 outside the general Midwest area...

But now I find myself watching a game in California for..reasons. 

Which team should I want to win in prep for next week for Wheaton?

hazzben

Great win for NCC today. Fun watching Rutter do his thing. Mounts speed at WR was impressive, but I don't understand the call to go with only 3 down lineman and essentially let Rutter pick them apart.

CCIW showed its chops today. Fun to have the bracket be this wide open!!

duckfan41

Quote from: gryfalia on November 30, 2019, 03:35:54 PM
So, ignorant question, but I'm not much into D3 outside the general Midwest area...

But now I find myself watching a game in California for..reasons. 

Which team should I want to win in prep for next week for Wheaton?

Wouldn't mind seeing Chapman win to have to come and play in cold weather next week. Saint Johns is from Minnesota so the weather would be a wash. All teams are solid at this point and I admittedly know little about Chapman overall. Saw a Johnnies fan say that Saint Johns has a cakewalk to the semifinal last week on the boards so I wouldn't mind Wheaton putting a pounding on them next week either

New Tradition

Quote from: kiko on November 30, 2019, 03:34:43 PM

Delaware Valley won on the road in Round 1, so they would have been seeded #6.  The only way they were seeded above North Central is if the seeds were slotted into the bracket in an unbalanced way because of the breadth of geography it covered.

Commence freakout!
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

Stagg Again!!

Quote from: New Tradition on November 30, 2019, 03:42:26 PM
Quote from: kiko on November 30, 2019, 03:34:43 PM

Commence freakout!

Delaware Valley has the #3 ranked Total Defense in the country (behind Wheaton #1 and Mount Union #2).

D O.C.

formerd3db

Quote from: cciw83 on November 30, 2019, 03:33:56 PM
Finally got over the hump with the big boys. I have never seen a NCC offensive performance against a quality team like that. Congrats to everyone!

I would also say that the  NCC defensive line play in the last 1/2 of the 4th quarter was good. And despite the complaints about NCC's defensive backs throughout the game against some very good receivers, they did step up in the last two Mount series. Overall, it was a great entertaining and intense game.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice