FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma17

Quote from: WW on May 31, 2018, 04:54:42 PM
I identified 7 or 8 2016 HS graduates who appeared on the 2017 UWW roster as freshmen. In other words, kids who last played football in the 2015 season, took a season off, and therefore could be assumed to have greyshirted. Perhaps those are the walk-ons bw references.

The Lindy rankings are behind their pay wall. If anybody's got 'em, pls share where other WIACs have landed.

I see now, sorry for the confusion.
Honestly I don't know if 7-8 greyshirts is a lot, little or typical for UWW.
I guess it would be interesting to know if the number has changed significantly between coaches.

02 Warhawk

Here are Lindy's and Street & Smith's preseason Top 20

Street & Smith is a new one to me, but they seem to have a better grasp on DIII football than Lindy's.

WW

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on June 01, 2018, 08:17:01 AM

Street & Smith is a new one to me, but they seem to have a better grasp on DIII football than Lindy's.

I dunno about that. The UWW omission is certainly arguable but at least has some basis given last season results. S&S leaving out Brockport, 13-1 last year, a loser only to UMHB in the semis, would appear to be far more egregious.

emma17

Quote from: WW on June 01, 2018, 10:06:57 AM

I dunno about that. The UWW omission is certainly arguable but at least has some basis given last season results. S&S leaving out Brockport, 13-1 last year, a loser only to UMHB in the semis, would appear to be far more egregious.

I believe Joe G is back for Brockport, hard to imagine they aren't top 20.
I'm surprised to see UWO at 2 in both. They lose so much from the great offense.
I'm anxious to see the D3 poll.

WW

Quote from: emma17 on June 01, 2018, 10:36:58 AM
Quote from: WW on June 01, 2018, 10:06:57 AM

I believe Joe G is back for Brockport, hard to imagine they aren't top 20.
I'm surprised to see UWO at 2 in both. They lose so much from the great offense.
I'm anxious to see the D3 poll.

I'm surprised UWL isn't in there, 8-2 in 2017 with a returning QB. That's my WIAC pick this year. Of course, it's possible that you and I just put more thought into this than either of these pollsters.

UWO Titan 78

These national publications probably have print deadlines of a few months ago. They probably have a guy who looks at last year's records and results and makes a list. I don't put much stock in either poll. I do think #2 is a little high to have the Titans at the beginning of the season. When you lose your top QB, RB, and WR, that is tough to replace. I wouldn't be surprised if they are there at the end of the year, because Coach Cerroni has built a program that can attract players to fill those losses. The program is 36-5 over the last three years. They will need to replace a bunch of all-timers, but I don't think the cupboard is bare. There is no reason to the think the Titans won't compete for the WIAC title. And when you do that, you're in the national title conversation as well. Because of the healthy state of the program, I would think the Titans warrant a spot somewhere in the lower half of the top 10. It wouldn't surprise me if we had co- or tri-champions this year with UWO, UWW, and UWL all viable contenders.

KitchenSink

Packers charity softball game.  Mr. Jake Kumerow.

What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!

WaHooWa

Is that the ball that took out Clay Matthews?? :o

WaHooWa

Been pretty quiet on the UWSP coaching search -- I know search committee met on May 21 to start review of candidates.  Nothing on their website as of yet.

WW

Quote from: WaHooWa on June 04, 2018, 11:35:12 AM
Been pretty quiet on the UWSP coaching search -- I know search committee met on May 21 to start review of candidates.  Nothing on their website as of yet.

I'll put a quarter on Vlcko, their longtime associate head coach/OC. And I'll take a 2-cent long-shot flyer on a very successful area high school coach with ties to the program.

cubs

Quote from: WW on June 04, 2018, 01:03:43 PM
I'll put a quarter on Vlcko, their longtime associate head coach/OC. And I'll take a 2-cent long-shot flyer on a very successful area high school coach with ties to the program.
And you'd be out both the quarter and 2-cents.....

https://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2018/6/4/uwsp-football-head-coach-candidates-narrowed-to-four.aspx
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

WW

Quote from: cubs on June 04, 2018, 04:05:23 PM
Quote from: WW on June 04, 2018, 01:03:43 PM
And you'd be out both the quarter and 2-cents.....

https://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2018/6/4/uwsp-football-head-coach-candidates-narrowed-to-four.aspx

Wow. They weren't kidding about a "national search"

emma17

WW

Interesting background for Bills. QBd for Gary Andersen.

Here's a fun fact of the day and a point of reference for earlier discussion. North Central welcomes 60 incoming freshmen to their football team. Guessing the coach is pretty popular with admissions dept.

AndOne

Quote from: WW on June 06, 2018, 02:58:24 PM
Interesting background for Bills. QBd for Gary Andersen.

Here's a fun fact of the day and a point of reference for earlier discussion. North Central welcomes 60 incoming freshmen to their football team. Guessing the coach is pretty popular with admissions dept.

Actually, a recruiting class in the neighborhood of 60 is fairly typical for North Central.  8-)
I believe last year's figure was 57.