MBB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by njachoopsfan, March 16, 2005, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonmann

Congrats to the Ospreys who played very well, very disciplined at a place where only one road team has won in 5 years. I assume Amherst will host as top seed with the Amherst women headed to Tufts.

Thecong123

All the talk about NJAC teams is finished....Richard Stockton demonstrated this weekend talent and great coaching win out over height and supposed "home court advantages"....

TheOsprey

Ospreys open up 2-0 with a win over #8 Albertus Magnus!! Go Stockton!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I went to Stockton for the Albertus game last night.

Really impressed by this Stockton squad.  I expected them to look pretty rough, having brought back only four returning players, but they were sharp from the start.  They didn't get intimidated and the crazy atmosphere (the refs really didn't handle the game well) only seemed to get them more focused.  I saw them in the tournament last year and I think this squad will easily be better, especially by the time February and March roll around.  A lot more depth and a real ability to play inside.  They started a freshman down low, Marcus Harmon, who really impressed.  Give him some experience over the next couple of months and he'll be a force - tough, physical, and a decent shooter at 6'5" with a pretty wide body (for a freshman).  Blamon is a good and capable leader and the rest of the team seemed to follow his lead pretty well.

I like this squad.  I think they're very likely a Top-15 team nationally right now.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Joe Vasile

Quote from: Hoops Fan on November 17, 2014, 12:38:16 PM

I went to Stockton for the Albertus game last night.

Really impressed by this Stockton squad.  I expected them to look pretty rough, having brought back only four returning players, but they were sharp from the start.  They didn't get intimidated and the crazy atmosphere (the refs really didn't handle the game well) only seemed to get them more focused.  I saw them in the tournament last year and I think this squad will easily be better, especially by the time February and March roll around.  A lot more depth and a real ability to play inside.  They started a freshman down low, Marcus Harmon, who really impressed.  Give him some experience over the next couple of months and he'll be a force - tough, physical, and a decent shooter at 6'5" with a pretty wide body (for a freshman).  Blamon is a good and capable leader and the rest of the team seemed to follow his lead pretty well.

I like this squad.  I think they're very likely a Top-15 team nationally right now.

I was announcing the Stockton-Wilkes game the night before for the Colonels.  Wilkes was up 8 and shooting the lights out with about 5:00 left in the game and the Ospreys charged back to take the lead.  They showed great hustle, heart, and clutch ability down the stretch.  That Armin Cane kid who transferred from Atlantic Cape Community College is legit.  I hope Stockton plays great until they play TCNJ  ;D.
Broadcasting my way around the MAC:
Widener Pride football 2012-2013. 
Wilkes Colonels football and basketball 2014.
Lycoming Warriors football and basketball 2016.

The College of New Jersey Alumni, Class of 2014.

TheOsprey

Thanks for the info y'all!!     Great to get geniune first-hand feedback from unbiased parties.

Thanks again!!  GO Ospreys!!

TheOsprey

The Ospreys win tourney opener by more than 20, play the home team tonight!!

Dallas, PA??

ronk

B4 Big D, there was little Dallas, PA.

TheOsprey

Anyone know the final score of Stockton @ Rutgers-Camden?? ???

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

You can always log on to D3hoops.com... 82-66... Richard Stockton.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

gordonmann

Except that one wasn't posted until I chased it down late at night after The Osprey raised the question.  :)

Pat Coleman

Quote from: gordonmann on December 11, 2014, 12:09:07 PM
Except that one wasn't posted until I chased it down late at night after The Osprey raised the question.  :)

Gotta know better than to just make that assumption!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

TheOsprey

Thanks guys! !   Live stat was stuck @ 17-7 last night.

Stockton has a big game Sat. with Rutgers- Newark this weekend! ! GO Ospreys!!

gordonmann

Yeah, I looked at Live Stats first and figured it wasn't still 17-7 at 11:15 pm. :)

Rutgers-Camden had the final score on their "schedule" page.

TheOsprey