MBB: Collegiate Conference of the South

Started by scottiedoug, July 26, 2022, 10:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottiedoug

Hawks88

Quote from: Ralph Turner on August 14, 2023, 10:44:43 AM
Quote from: Hawks88 on June 01, 2023, 09:39:01 PM
Berea to the HCAC. Drops most men's sports to six. Does CCS add MUW to stay above that?

https://twitter.com/HCACDIII/status/1664285952678985730?s=20
Where does Asbury land? CCS or HCAC?
A little further north than Berea so the trips would be a little longer but would keep Kentucky in the CCS footprint.

scottiedoug

It is a long trip from Berea to Jackson Mississippi and longer from Asbury....

mattgrubb

I can't wait to see the new locker room and upgrades at Murvul.  Coach P is the greatest Coach Murvul has ever had!  I know there was another good one there once but I can't quite remember his name.  Who was there before Coach Placeres?  Was it Bob Johnson?

scottiedoug

Well Matt Grubb is still alive! So are the Real Scots. Maybe too many good players?

mattgrubb

The Scots will have lots of depth and a video board.  There will be highlights of Jack Roberts on the video board and maybe some of the players or whatever.  Coach P is building something special, well his wife is but she is letting him take the credit for it.  The alumni, who I thought were all deadbeats and/or degenerates, are coming through again this year on the fundraiser!  In all seriousness, the alumi base for MC basketball comes through every year and the alumni base provided a great tag team coaching duo.  Coach P and Coach McCord work great together and are doing great things for those young men.  The program is starting to get a Y2K feel to it, like something special is going to happen over the next 5-7 years.  You can tell by the way Jackson Garner struts like a peacock now that he has located the weight room then surprisingly learned to lift some weights.  Two huge steps for that young man.  I am sure his amazing stepfather dragged him in there one day and showed him how a real man works out!!!!  He's still got it!
Now my crazy prediction for the year:  Daryl Rice will have a phenomenal year!  He's taken a step forward every year and he will take a giant leap this year and coach P will love life when the ball is in his hands.  He will also have a career year for assists and steals as he will be able to focus on everything in his bag and score only when he needs to.  He is being coached by two great Scots PG's!!!!

scottiedoug

Mr Grubby...can you have too many real players on a team?  Looks loaded up...

mattgrubb

guys will separate themselves based on production as the season winds up.  Eventually it falls on them

Greek Tragedy

Tough start for Maryville. With no AQ, they gotta win some of these games against high caliber teams.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

scottiedoug

Scots are very young and will need to get older quick!

scottiedoug

OK CCS fans. Maryville being picked to win the conference seems to make sense.  Anybody else up to the task?

https://mcscots.com/news/2023/12/2/mens-basketball-overtime-delight.aspx

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: scottiedoug on December 03, 2023, 12:47:34 PM
OK CCS fans. Maryville being picked to win the conference seems to make sense.  Anybody else up to the task?

https://mcscots.com/news/2023/12/2/mens-basketball-overtime-delight.aspx

Piedmont has a very good team.  That would be the other one I'd watch out for.  Maryville on much better present form, though.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

scottiedoug

Ok out there...   I certainly look forward to next year when the CCS gets an AQ.  Maryville goes 22-5, wins the conference and the tournament and cannot get a Pool C bid.  By the end, the Scots are really good. And lose one (very valuable) player through graduation.  It is a crapshoot to schedule who you need to play outside the conference and region, and it costs a lot of money to go far away to find teams to play...but it is a bummer to have the kind of season the Scots had and not get to play somebody.