MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

I don't know if anyone on the ODAC board has mentioned this yet, but this will be Lynchburg's first appearance in the D3 tournament since 1979. It will be Lynchburg's third appearance overall, as the Hornets also made the field in 1976.

They'll be trying for their first-ever victory in D3 tourney play on Friday night when they take on Scranton.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

On the other side of that, Scranton now ties Wittenberg for the most NCAA appearances - 27.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

hscathletics

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 29, 2016, 09:55:25 PM
I don't know if anyone on the ODAC board has mentioned this yet, but this will be Lynchburg's first appearance in the D3 tournament since 1979. It will be Lynchburg's third appearance overall, as the Hornets also made the field in 1976.

They'll be trying for their first-ever victory in D3 tourney play on Friday night when they take on Scranton.
Yep, I was -5 years old last time it happened.

tigerFanAlso2

when was the last time odac did not place 2 teams in tourney ?   

Pat Coleman

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on March 02, 2016, 07:44:52 AM
when was the last time odac did not place 2 teams in tourney ?

In 2005, Virginia Wesleyan was the ODAC's only entrant:
http://www.d3hoops.com/archives/men/2005/2005-bracket
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Brian Hamilton

Congrats to Lynchburg for their 82-55 victory tonight.  Best of luck tomorrow.  Continue representing the ODAC well.

Brian Hamilton

Congrats to Lynchburg on a good season.  They came up just short tonight losing 97-94.  They trailed by 15 in the game and fought back.  OWU had 3 players with 22 points and another with 20.  Two other players scored for them with 7 and 4 respectively.

2RMCFans

^ yes, congrats to Lynchburg men & women on their stand out seasons.  Sorry they are not going farther in the national tourney this year.

Best wishes to all in the ODAC for the off season.

GO JACKETS!!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Page Moir stepping down from Roanoke.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

hscathletics

Surprising move given the season they had, the talent retuning, and the new arena opening up this fall. Would think they will have a pretty good crop of applicants.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

You can tune into Hoopsville later today when we post it... he explains his reasons for leaving. He wants a new challenge and I can totally understand his thinking. This has been on his mind for years.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

What a season of Division III basketball and it isn't quite over with yet! The men might have crowned their championship, but the women have one more game to go.

On this episode of Hoopsville, Dave McHugh looks back at the two championship weekends with help from Ryan Scott, Gordon Mann, and Adam Turer. We look at the championship for St. Thomas and the near perfect miss by Benedictine. We also take a look at the two semifinal games in women's basketball and the upcoming championship between St. Thomas and Tufts to be played in Indianapolis.

Dave also talks to Page Moir, head coach for Roanoke, who suddenly announced on Tuesday he is stepping down from the position and looking for something new to challenge him.

You can watch the show in its entirety or listen to the podcast above.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Page Moir, Roanoke men's coach
- Keith Bunkenburg, No. 2 Benedictine men's coach
- Steve Fritz, St. Thomas athletics director and former men's coach
- John Tauer, No 1. St. Thomas men's coach
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com Mid-Atlantic reporter
- Gordon Mann and Adam Turer, women's semifinals report
- Jeff Hans, No. 1 Thomas More women's coach
- Carla Berube, No. 7 Tufts women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

hscathletics

Dave McHugh broke the news on Twitter - Clay Nunley going to Roanoke.

Tiger4life

Hearing that a few key players have transfered out of H-SC, can anyone confirm this?