Best Basketball Facility in D3

Started by cougar, February 05, 2008, 04:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

My d3 experience has been mostly limited to the northeast, and the smaller schools there at that.  However, we spent a day over labor day weekend with my wife's uncle in Bloomngton (he teaches at IWU) and got to see Shirk.  It's a great facility and the indoor track is pretty darn impressive.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

stag44

For atmosphere, I dont think theres anything better than Pomona-Pitzer at CMS in Ducey Gym.

As OxyBob calls it, "The Temple of Doom" is a box of a gym, but when it comes to CMS-PP, theres no better place to be.

ohiofan1954

Well I just saw this topic today while waiting to watch denison's lacrosse game so I thought I might add my opinion. By far the nicest athletic center I have seen is Kenyon's(the house that Paul built). The nicest basketball arena I have seen is capital's. The most interesting(that is in no way knocking it) is Ohio Wesleyan's. Every time I go there I feel like I am in church. The worst is a naia school, Mt. Vernon Nazarene.

david

cciwrabblerouser

ohiofan1954

From the pictures I just looked at of Hope's facilities it is hard to say anything is better then Hope's. Now the worst I have seen. Well they don't play basketball at this facility anymore(just hockey) and it is d1, but yost field house at michigan tops the list for out of date facilities. That being it said it is a great place to watch a sporting event.

david

d3hendrixpop50

Hendrix College and Wabash are two of the top Athletic and Basketball facilities in D3. See The Princeton Review Top 25 Athletic Facilities Review which lists includes all Divisions in the NCAA from D1 to D3. Wabash was listed 8th I believe in the review and Hendrix College in Conway Arkansas was listed 13th.

Wydown Blvd.

Quote from: d3hendrixpop50 on August 21, 2011, 12:37:26 AM
Hendrix College and Wabash are two of the top Athletic and Basketball facilities in D3. See The Princeton Review Top 25 Athletic Facilities Review which lists includes all Divisions in the NCAA from D1 to D3. Wabash was listed 8th I believe in the review and Hendrix College in Conway Arkansas was listed 13th.

I do look at that ranking from time to time. I like it. It rates just facilities that are available for the regular student... For example, the football and lifting facilities  (and other varsity sports facilities) of Big12, SEC, Big10 etc aren't compared to those of D3.

7express

I maybe a homer, but the Feldman Arena at the O'Neil center is a great facility, the best in the Little East, and one of the best in the Northeast.

CruFrenzy

Hope and Calvin are both Division 1 Caliber in Atmosphere and the actual arena. So they're pretty hard to compete with, but i think UT-Tyler and Mary Hardin Baylor both have great Gyms. I would say UMHB has the slight edge on UT-Tyler with extra seating connecting the end zone area and the normal area and their luxury box, but UT-Tyler has that hanging scoreboard. So kind of a toss up there.
2016, 2018 & 2021 National Champions :)