WBB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by charge, October 30, 2004, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester1390

I have no idea why i have a smite,  I bring smart funny insightful commentary plus im lovable and hugable.

Pat Coleman

TGHIJGSTO and Spence are not the same person.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 03, 2019, 12:56:45 PM

keep seeing these references, is TGHIJGSTO an acronym that stands for something?

RogK

Twenty Greek Hydrologists In Japan Got Severely Ticklish Overnight

Darryl Nester

Quote from: Caz Bombers on December 03, 2019, 01:28:17 PM
keep seeing these references, is TGHIJGSTO an acronym that stands for something?

It's a long story; the short version is that an enthusiastic fan of Richard Stockton College (now Stockton University) was a frequent poster on the Men's Top 25 board during the 2013-14 season, making the case that his favorite team was not getting the respect it was due. He was somewhat combative when on his best behavior; quite a few times, he appeared to be posting under the influence of alcohol, to the detriment of both his manners and his coherence.

"TGHIJGSTO" stems from one of his less-coherent posts:
Quote from: hplc2222 on January 19, 2014, 11:28:59 PM
DONT JUSDT SAY TGHIJGSTO SAY THINGS, RICHARD STOCKMTON IS AS GOOD AS 15-0
(Note, if you click on the date of the above quote, you can read more of his posts.) From context, it is clear that he meant to type (or rather, to shout) "things to," but in d3boards lingo, it has come to be an all-purpose interjection.

Quote from: RogK on December 03, 2019, 01:55:59 PM
Twenty Greek Hydrologists In Japan Got Severely Ticklish Overnight
This is a reasonably good backronym.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: Darryl Nester on December 02, 2019, 03:53:05 PM
Actually, I did not get smited as part of that epic tale. Anyone who does not get that reference should read Gregory Sager's summary HERE, which includes this reference:
Check the link from Darryl's post. It was one of the maaaaany mistakes a since banned poster made. It was supposed to be "things to" but ended up TGHIJGSTO. And that's the one that's stuck for all eternity now.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

FCGrizzliesGrad

Before we get back to actual HCAC chatter I just want to point out that in 15 years this thread had 9 pages. Since August we're on the 7th page.

Heading into the first conference game tonight, the conference stands at 17-26 overall with Bluffton still undefeated while Rose, MSJ, and Defiance are winless. The three winless teams all finished in the top 5 last season and entering conference play were 3-3 Rose, 2-1 MSJ, 0-5 Defiance. We'll see if they shake off their early season struggles this year.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Baldini

On to conference play tonight.

Last night Earlham traveled to Wilmington (Ohio) for a non-conference game and came out on the short end 82-68. Sr. Camryn White lead Earlham with 22 points and Trinity McClendon added 17 off the bench in the defeat.

Jester1390

Lol see im  a freshman poster much like Rose i am getting more and more confidence in my posts thus increasing the pages before long we will have at least 25 pages

Baldini

In this weeks new poll, Transylvania slipped from 10th to 16th after the lose to Maryville in their tournament. No other HCAC team received any votes.

Baldini

Well Defiance wins with a basket in the final seconds to get the 56-54 decision over Anderson. And the HCAC regular season is under way.

Caz Bombers

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on December 03, 2019, 02:01:10 PM

Quote from: Darryl Nester on December 02, 2019, 03:53:05 PM
Actually, I did not get smited as part of that epic tale. Anyone who does not get that reference should read Gregory Sager's summary HERE, which includes this reference:
Check the link from Darryl's post. It was one of the maaaaany mistakes a since banned poster made. It was supposed to be "things to" but ended up TGHIJGSTO. And that's the one that's stuck for all eternity now.

thank you, while I initially got a terrific kick out of seeing someone post on D3boards like @dril tweets, it became clear (at least in my mind, this is my best guess as to what happened) from seeing the deterioration from his initial perfectly lucid posts (on page 13 of his history) to the most recent barely legible scrawl he posted before being banned that something became neurologically wrong with him - perhaps a stroke or Parkinson's-like condition that caused all the typos. Then it didn't feel so funny anymore.

FCGrizzliesGrad

I don't know what it is with Franklin's audio... during football season the quality is good but it's too quiet... during basketball season the volume is fine but sounds like it's sandpapering your ear. Think I need to switch to the mens game just to give my poor ears a break.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Baldini

Well RHIT gets in the win column tonight with a 66-61 win over St. Mary of the Woods despite 30 TO's on the evening.

Jester1390

52 3 pointers to 8 for RHIT and still win. My daughter had only 3 pts she told me going into the game don't expect me to score my job is to keep things as calm as I can and play shutdown defense. She had 5 assists and if we made some bunnies would have had 10.   She played the last 30 minutes without a break.  For those 8 girls to be able to weather the storm and prove to themselves yea we are the youngest team in America but other teams don't care and you k ow what we don't care either.  I think you will see even more come Saturday