Top 25 talk

Started by Lurker, March 23, 2005, 09:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gleich

Quote from: hplc2222 on January 27, 2014, 05:50:55 PM
see, if you arer  not a member of the media, or a voter for the top 25,..... that is a great post

but if tyiou are either of thodse thbings it is comp0letely bogujs
\
\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE3rzJqJzAI

You're entitled to your own opinion. But, the thing about an opinion is that it can still be wrong.

Truth exists. You seem dead-set at redefining things the way that you see fit, but truth exists and reality is counter to the way that you see it and have described it.

Initially, I thought that you were just an over-exuberant fan. They come around every now and again... well-meaning people who don't have a lot of exposure to things outside of their individual school or conference.

Many posters, like myself, have taken it upon ourselves over the years to teach the children in the way they should go, so when they grow old, they will not depart from it.

However, you seem to be immune to reason, conjuring up your own logic that is counter to the truth.

The purpose of this board is to discuss the Top 25 in D-III athletics. Please get back on topic and discuss it.

It may also be worth your while to check out the board's Terms of Service.

http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=5787.0

I fully acknowledge that I'm treading a bit close to the line on 3., but you appear to be in violation of 1., 4., and 5.
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

frodotwo

Quote from: hplc2222 on January 27, 2014, 03:56:56 PM
but if ifs and but were candy and nuts, id have a hell of a christmas

thats the closet you got, but obviously they did win

but what i said was, ny question was

was a team rsanked in the top 25, AFTER THE CONFERENCE TOURNAMANTSa, and still didnt make the NCAA tourney,  despite losing thier conference tounrey,

the answer is no it never happened

probably

they would gbet o0ne of the 190 at largbe bids

i have made a strong, a really strong, argument for stockton today

but games need to be played yet

i understand that

but they have to be in the top 30

they just kicked  the crap out of the 30th ranked team in the nation by 24 points

Happens often actually as a matter of fact two WIAC teams finished in the D# Hoops Top 25 prior to the start of the NCAA tourney in 2007, including UW-Oshkosh, who was ranked #9 in the country. They were in the TOP TEN and DID NOT make the tourney. UW-La Crosse was ranked #16 and DID NOT make the tourney!!

Here's the link, take a look http://www.d3hoops.com/top25/men/2006-07/week13

In 2009 Buena Vista was 23-3 and ranked #14 in the poll and DID NOT make the tourney. They lost in their conference tourney and didn't rank high enough in the Regional Rankings to get in.

There are other instances as well, but these are the ones fresh in my mind. The point here is that the D3 Hoops Top 25 Poll means nothing as far as getting into the NCAA tournament goes. Nada, Zilch, Doodely Squat.  It's an opinion poll until the final game of the year, when the team that wins the final D3 game of the year is always the National Champion and the D3 Hoops #1 team for real.

David Collinge

The terrorists have already won.

magicman

And here's something on this board that isn't about Richard Stockton, for a change of pace.

#16 Albertus Magnus leads #13 SUNY-Purchase 42-31 at the half. 

One of these schools will suffer their first D3 loss of the season tonight.

smedindy

Quote from: magicman on January 27, 2014, 07:44:04 PM
And here's something on this board that isn't about Richard Stockton, for a change of pace.

#16 Albertus Magnus leads #13 SUNY-Purchase 42-31 at the half. 

One of these schools will suffer their first D3 loss of the season tonight.

Interesting. I thought Purchase would handle 'em.

sac

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 27, 2014, 07:57:18 PM
hp, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are 'fat-fingering' your phone on your posts - but, PLEASE edit, they are borderline unreadable.

borderline?

frodotwo

UH OH, the new poll is out guess where Stockton is...........................and it ain't #1

http://www.d3hoops.com/top25/men/2013-14/week8

Looks to be #40.

Let the rant ................... continue  ::) ::)

magicman

Quote from: hplc2222 on January 27, 2014, 07:50:32 PM
by the wat, albertus magnus is kickingf the bejesus out of suny ;pluncghase tonight,..... bujt nothing a cew tghreees cant take care olf... gthe gsame may be cl,ose than yoy thimk

That's not true any longer as Purchase has a 65-61 lead with 10 minutes left in the game.

magicman

Albertus back in front 74-71 with 6 minutes left in the game. Purchase going to the line to shoot 3.  Now tied up.

magicman

Albertus Magnus up 82-75 with 2:02 left to go. Purchase real undisciplined for the past few minutes and throwing up some bad shots. They're beating themselves. 

hplc2222

from my perspective the dang thing on d3 hoops still has 40-45, inj the suny-albertus game, and thaTS EVEN QAFTER I REBOOTED MY COMPUTER

TALOK ABOUT PEOPLE INJ TECNOLY INDUSTRY DROPPIONG TGHE BALL;
'

magicman

Albertus Magnus hands SUNY-Purchase their 1st loss 87-79.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: hplc2222 on January 27, 2014, 08:42:54 PM
from my perspective the dang thing on d3 hoops still has 40-45, inj the suny-albertus game, and thaTS EVEN QAFTER I REBOOTED MY COMPUTER

TALOK ABOUT PEOPLE INJ TECNOLY INDUSTRY DROPPIONG TGHE BALL;
'

Hi. I don't know how you think we get scores, but it's not by magic. It takes a person to post scores, and if one of the schools doesn't post the scores, or use PrestoSports live stats, then it doesn't get updated.

I've deleted about 12 of your posts today -- if you want to continue to be allowed to post, you need to do two things:

1. Write legible posts in the english language. Posting in ALL CAPS is considering SHOUTING and is in violation of the Terms of Service.
2. Slow down. You post way too often -- you are both trolling and rolling the board.

I haven't had to cite anyone for rolling the board in probably 8 years. This is ridiculous. You've set this board back 8 years.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 27, 2014, 08:47:46 PM
Hi. I don't know how you think we get scores, but it's not by magic.

Actually, I would think you should already know this, considering your own alma mater doesn't post scores on our site.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lildave678

I love how AMC has a video feed but no box score. I'm pretty sure at one point AMC was 5-14 (or close to it) from the line. And we got T'd up to start the game - Purchase went 1-2 from the line before the tip. Hopefully one of the guys who were there can shed some light. Assuming it was dunking during warmups?