Big games today

Started by hopefan, January 13, 2016, 01:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: hopefan on October 05, 2018, 10:07:01 PM
Reviewed the several 18-19 skeds that sat behind the 17-18 skeds of my 13 bad boys... none complete... I don't deal with partials.....

Dave/Pat... you should be proud of me.. I just rescued one team (a top 25 team no less) when I noted that one of the teams participating in their Nov tourney did not have that tourney on their schedule, and were fully scheduled at 25 games.. I emailed the coach and heard back quickly that yes, a school had dropped out without notifying them, and the coach was immensely thankful to me (and angry at the other coach)... to top it off, I was able to give him 3 legit candidates to serve as a replacement ... teams with a short schedule and relatively open on the necessary dates...

Needless to say I felt tremendous about helping out...

Was that the Nebraska Wesleyan and Louisiana College conflict? Such a shame. An ASC team should totally play in that tournament.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hopefan

The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Greek Tragedy

I know Stevens Point is short a game... ??? ::)
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 06, 2018, 09:50:43 AM

need to be short 2 and free surrounding the 23-24th of Nov.... now if UWSP backed out of their game with Edgewood, but that wouldn't be very fair...

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: hopefan on October 06, 2018, 10:02:57 AM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 06, 2018, 09:50:43 AM

need to be short 2 and free surrounding the 23-24th of Nov.... now if UWSP backed out of their game with Edgewood, but that wouldn't be very fair...

Yeah, that wouldn't go over well. Though the prospect of playing Greenville and NWU is very intriguing.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

Another questionable tourney entry may exist in the Bluffton Tourney... the question of Ohio Midwestern  came up on another board, and I agree... I can't find anything on the internet that tells me beyond a reasonable doubt that this school exists... yet they are scheduled in the tourney,  The Bluffton SID answered an email by saying Ohio Midwestern is in the tourney, but does he really know?   He did not respond to a follow up phone call from me. 

so..... do they exist, will they have a team?
    and, if they do exist, how in the world can anyone find them on the internet??

I'm gonna keep on digging...

Pat, Dave?

FCGrizzliesGrad

Bluffton played them last year and for several years before that so they do/did exist. From what I could find, the Rams were at one time a USCAA school in the Cincinnati area. Used to be called Temple Baptist College. But I'm not sure if they're still open or not. They're not listed on the USCAA members page, most of what I can find is pointing to the school being closed.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Pat Coleman

Redlands has taken Louisiana College's spot in the Nebraska Wesleyan tournament.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hopefan

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 08, 2018, 04:15:11 PM
Redlands has taken Louisiana College's spot in the Nebraska Wesleyan tournament.

Just got a another Thank you from Coach Wellman, as that was a kinda out of left field suggestion I made to him... I noticed Redlands was short one game, had 4 non NCAA's on their sked, one of which could be dropped or changed to an exhibition, and they were wide open on the tourney dates... it all worked out...

WUPHF

Quote from: hopefan on October 08, 2018, 05:09:40 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 08, 2018, 04:15:11 PM

Just got a another Thank you from Coach Wellman, as that was a kinda out of left field suggestion I made to him... I noticed Redlands was short one game, had 4 non NCAA's on their sked, one of which could be dropped or changed to an exhibition, and they were wide open on the tourney dates... it all worked out...

That is seriously the best story. Bravo!

hopefan

Quote from: hopefan on October 05, 2018, 05:15:00 PM
Ok.. so I have a large spreadsheet with all schedules in D3, can download results on a daily basis during the season.. assures I have all results, can generate some special data, help out D3hoops once in a while... this is always a fun time of year because I have most of the schedules, and it's interesting to see who the last schools to post their schedules on their site are..

So we're a week into Octobber, and of 429 D3 schools, here are the 13 that have not yet posted their schedules on their sites... D3hoops my have schedules posted, but they have likely been amassed from opponents schedules, or were sent to D3hoops without being posted on the schools sites..

Here are the 13 bad boys.. as Dave would like to say, just too many other priorities... to which hopefan respectfully quotes.. ALLOW ME TO RETORT!!!

Ursinus
Marywood
New Rochelle
Arcadia
Widener
Thomas
Gallaudet
Lesly
Colby
Williams
Emerson
Wheaton Mass
Stockton

WHO WILL COME iN LAST?

Oct 8.....Gallaudet says... Get me off that Bad Boy list, gets their schedule posted... now we're down to 12... who will be last?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: hopefan on October 08, 2018, 09:17:49 PM
Ok.. so I have a large spreadsheet with all schedules in D3, can download results on a daily basis during the season.. assures I have all results, can generate some special data, help out D3hoops once in a while... this is always a fun time of year because I have most of the schedules, and it's interesting to see who the last schools to post their schedules on their site are..

So we're a week into Octobber, and of 429 D3 schools, here are the 13 that have not yet posted their schedules on their sites... D3hoops my have schedules posted, but they have likely been amassed from opponents schedules, or were sent to D3hoops without being posted on the schools sites..

Here are the 13 bad boys.. as Dave would like to say, just too many other priorities... to which hopefan respectfully quotes.. ALLOW ME TO RETORT!!!

Ursinus
Marywood
New Rochelle
Arcadia
Widener
Thomas
Gallaudet
Lesly
Colby
Williams
Emerson
Wheaton Mass
Stockton

WHO WILL COME iN LAST?

Oct 8.....Gallaudet says... Get me off that Bad Boy list, gets their schedule posted... now we're down to 12... who will be last?

I will say... Gallaudet's SID is a VERY busy man. Remember, he is the men's national committee chair this year (and probably next) ... on top of a lot of other responsibilities.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

TheOsprey

Take Stockton off list.   ;)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on October 09, 2018, 01:06:57 AM
Quote from: hopefan on October 08, 2018, 09:17:49 PM

Ursinus
Marywood
New Rochelle
Arcadia
Widener
Thomas
Gallaudet
Lesly
Colby
Williams
Emerson
Wheaton Mass
Stockton

WHO WILL COME iN LAST?

I will say... Gallaudet's SID is a VERY busy man. Remember, he is the men's national committee chair this year (and probably next) ... on top of a lot of other responsibilities.
Send him an Applaud!  +1!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: TheOsprey on October 10, 2018, 03:18:36 PM
Take Stockton off list.   ;)

Stockton has to take itself off the list. There's nothing posted for 2018-19 on their site:
https://stocktonathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

We've got 24 of their games, though:
http://www.d3hoops.com/teams/Stockton/Men/2018-19/index