2019 NCAA Tournament

Started by Greek Tragedy, October 06, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Caz Bombers on March 01, 2019, 03:34:52 PM
I'm pumped for these next two nights, I wanna see 32 buzzer beaters tonight and 16 more tomorrow!

Alright! So no overtimes, is what I'm hearing you say. :)

Here's how to follow with us tonight:
Live scoreboard: https://www.d3hoops.com/seasons/men/2018-19/ncaa-tournament
Whiparound: https://www.d3hoops.com/playoffs/whiparound/index
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lmitzel

I'm pumped for these next two nights, I wanna see 32 buzzer beaters tonight and 16 more tomorrow!

I don't think my heart can take three of those in person... but I'd eventually get over it and regale people with tales of the most dramatic first weekend pod in tournament history.

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 01, 2019, 03:40:30 PM
Alright! So no overtimes, is what I'm hearing you say. :)

:P
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

ronk

Quote from: Wooster Booster on March 01, 2019, 03:39:45 PM

And all 48 with variants of the Baruch-style football play!  (Of course. with Wooster using one of these against the Barookadookas tonight.)

How many mins of practice this week across both genders were devoted to defending the Baruchadooka?  ;D

Gregory Sager

Wasn't that a big Trace Adkins country hit? "Honky Tonk Baruchadooka"?

It's always good to see schools get into the dance for the first time ever. Here's the list of D3 programs that are losing their tournament virginity this time around:

Arcadia
Chatham
Emerson
Eureka
Lake Forest
Rosemont

It's especially good to see LFC in the tourney, as the Foresters have been a part of D3 since the very beginning of D3 men's basketball back in the 1974-75 season.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Wooster Booster

Quote from: ronk on March 01, 2019, 04:11:38 PM
Quote from: Wooster Booster on March 01, 2019, 03:39:45 PM

And all 48 with variants of the Baruch-style football play!  (Of course. with Wooster using one of these against the Barookadookas tonight.)

How many mins of practice this week across both genders were devoted to defending the Baruchadooka?  ;D

I like your spelling better! 

As to the play itself, the more I watch it, the more it looks like creative genius.  Hard to believe, though, that they actually just drew it up in the huddle, as perfectly as it worked.

ronk

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 01, 2019, 04:45:20 PM
Wasn't that a big Trace Adkins country hit? "Honky Tonk Baruchadooka"?

It's always good to see schools get into the dance for the first time ever. Here's the list of D3 programs that are losing their tournament virginity this time around:

Arcadia
Chatham
Emerson
Eureka
Lake Forest
Rosemont

It's especially good to see LFC in the tourney, as the Foresters have been a part of D3 since the very beginning of D3 men's basketball back in the 1974-75 season.

Thanks for the historical perspective. And, from the other end of the spectrum, Wittenberg becomes the leader in appearances as Scranton drops out of the previous tie by failing for the 2nd consecutive year to make the tourney. A conference semifinal win instead of loss might have gotten them in this year.

Caz Bombers

only one close finish so far, Nichols with some really good defense in the final minute to deny Middlebury 74-71.

Gregory Sager

Another close finish: UW-Platteville and Capital are in overtime @ Augustana's Carver Center.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Inkblot

Behrend comes up just short despite Hamilton committing a five-second violation and an intentional foul in the final 20 seconds.
Moderator of /r/CFB. https://inkblotsports.com. Twitter: @InkblotSports.

Caz Bombers

the Johnnies are getting pantsed at home by the UMAC champ for the second year in a row.

All the other games are beatdown city...I'm not getting the 2018-style nuttiness I was looking for at all.

Gregory Sager

Smitty Oom

St. John's can't get out of their own way... balls bouncing off hands and nothing seeming to drop for the Johnnies. UNW on the other hand is rebounding well and shooting the lights out against a team that usually extremely limits both of those for opponents. Credit to the eagles, they always seem to be well prepared for these NCAA games! Hopefully they can give the Titans a game tomorrow!

Inkblot

That makes St. John's the first host team to lose. Even if they're hosting as a #2, by the computers they're good enough to have been a #1.
Moderator of /r/CFB. https://inkblotsports.com. Twitter: @InkblotSports.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Inkblot on March 01, 2019, 10:09:44 PM
That makes St. John's the first host team to lose. Even if they're hosting as a #2, by the computers they're good enough to have been a #1.

There were almost two tonight. Hamilton managed to come from behind to win by two in a game that PSU-Behrend led most of the way, and in which a pretty crazy ending culminated in PSUB missing two point-blank shots in the final three seconds, either one of which would've sent the game to OT if it had gone down.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Arcadia and Moravian won their first ever NCAA tournament games tonight.  Augustana extends it's active record streak to six straight NCAA Tournaments with at least one win (Emory failed to win in their seventh straight tourney).  Wittenberg extends its all-time lead with a 22nd NCAA tournament with at least one win.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere