FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatman76

That was a great article.  The CatDome is truly a special place.  I loved the pic of the field and mountain backdrop.

D3 is a special place to be a football fan, and although this article was written about Linfield, I agree that fans all over D3 would show the same kind of respect and zeal for the D3 game.

Thanks for all you do for us D3 fans!
GO CATS!!
Fatman76

fbgcat

Does the band still do the drums and play the Olympic theme as the Wildcats takes the field?  That always made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. 

RedandPurple

Keith:
Excellent article. You captured the sentiment for many of us.

'Cat Posters:
Keith's article got me to thinking. With a bye week, how about posting our most memorable moment(s) in Linfield football?

My favorite moment. Linfield vs. Redlands. 9-13-03. Watching my son run out of the tunnel under the grandstands for the first time and being there for his first play in college football.
Go Cats! Make it 62 in '17!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill

d-train

Quote from: RedandPurple on September 21, 2007, 03:19:51 PM
'Cat Posters:
Keith's article got me to thinking. With a bye week, how about posting our most memorable moment(s) in Linfield football?

Mine was in '98 at Sparks.  ;)

wildcat11

Quote from: d-train on September 21, 2007, 03:43:19 PM
Quote from: RedandPurple on September 21, 2007, 03:19:51 PM
'Cat Posters:

Mine was in '98 at Sparks.  ;)

Not very funny my fine Lute friend.  I'm still pissed about that phantom pass interference call on the muffed FG attempt by the 'Lutes.  That was some home cooking!

My favorites are these:  Field Goal Post Comes Down, 2004 Title Game, and Craven saves the Streak

For fbgcat:  Here is that 1984 NAIA Title game that the 'Cats came back to win.  An Epic!

D O.C.

ONE of my favorites created a flashing red light for LINFIELD on the football map

WILDCATS 16

University of Hawaii 13

in Honolulu, 1967.

21st Century? Hi Rowan! Welcome to the CatDome.

fbgcat

My favorite Linfield football moment was being present at the 33-22 comeback win in the 1984 National Championship game.  Awesome!  I was seated in the north endzone where most of the scoring took place in the fourth quarter.  Front row seat  :D

fbgcat

Thanks 11.  I just finished watching it.  Goose bumps again. 

speedybigboy

It's not a bye week for us and I'm not a 'Cat poster but (other than the obvious PLU beating Linfield) my favorite moment of Linfield football was watching my older brother play on the Cats punt return (and I think also punt team) against PLU at Franklin Pierce Stadium in '79.

cawcdad

My favorite Cat moment was the first Linfield game I saw. Menlo at Linfield. The Cats were tearing up the Oaks and in fact threw a TD just seconds before the half. My father and I were both getting rather annoyed. "How could a coach keep throwing like that?" In fact my dad voiced his displeasure when the gentleman sitting next to him patted him on the shoulder and said, "Take it easy sir. Watch what happens in the second half." He proceeded to tell us about Linfield football. In the second half every single person in uniform saw playing time and the ball was hardly thrown. The gentleman, Tyler Matthews father.

Gig Harbor Cat

Home cookin--sparks  Nahhhhhhhhhhh.  Cmon Dee you know the Cats got hosed on those calls

Phone it in

Gig Harbor Cat

RedandPurple

Quote from: cawcdad on September 21, 2007, 05:28:06 PM
My favorite Cat moment was the first Linfield game I saw. Menlo at Linfield. The Cats were tearing up the Oaks and in fact threw a TD just seconds before the half. My father and I were both getting rather annoyed. "How could a coach keep throwing like that?" In fact my dad voiced his displeasure when the gentleman sitting next to him patted him on the shoulder and said, "Take it easy sir. Watch what happens in the second half." He proceeded to tell us about Linfield football. In the second half every single person in uniform saw playing time and the ball was hardly thrown. The gentleman, Tyler Matthews father.

cawdad:
What a great story.
Go Cats! Make it 62 in '17!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill

Touchdown Tommy

Hey GHC,

My personal favorite Cat moment(s) were 2002(SJU @Catdome) and 2003(Cats @SJU).  Those memories are burned in my mind.
Chasing MILFs since '82...

Wildcat'64

My favorite is not a particular game but rather a bit of Ad History:

One Monday morning after a Quarterback Breakfast Ad came up to my Dad and said "I've got a problem-- the faculty and fans are complaining because they're getting slivers in their 'dang rear ends' (we know how strong of language Ad uses) from the wood benches in the stadium."  My Dad, in his 70's at the time,promptly went home, picked up his electric sander and went to Maxwell Field.  After many weeks of hand sanding and refinishing all the benches of the entire stadium the job was complete.  A few days later my Dad received a call from Ad saying come over to the Catdome  I have someone I want you to meet.  Upon arriving at the stadium Ad had in tow a photographer and reporter from the Oregonian.  Ad told the story to the reporter and a photo was taken of my Dad sitting in the middle of an empty stadium....when the reporter asked Ad for my Dad's name he said just call him "Mr. Wildcat".....the full page story appeared in the sports section of the Oregonian with the headline....'Mr. Wildcat'....for the remainder of this life many in the community and the college never knew his name... only  known as 'Mr. Wildcat'

And then one day, again after a Monday morning Quarterback Breakfast, he quietly laid down and went to rest with other Wildcat fans at the Catdome in the sky.  Then once again, in true Ad style, Ad asked the Seniors on the 1992 football team to act as pall bearers for the funeral.  The next Saturday at the Catdome, at the beginning of the game, the PA announcer, said, "please join our players and coaches for a moment of silence in memory of 'Mr. Wildcat' (the handle granted by Ad that had lasted for nearly two decades).
LEAVE NO DOUBT

(509)Rat

Nothing to do with the NWC or even DIII football, but a story I've been following that others may be curious about...Bills TE to begin next phase of rehab, may stand soon

Anyways, my favorite Linfield memory is the only one of its kind, and it happened last year at the Catdome...I won't say any more.  ;)