FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtown48

I feel bad for the elderly faculty but Sparks Stadium is huge and they need to not sit behind the students, it's as simple as that.  I deal with that about once a year when we host the state football championships.  The WIAA used to try and make the students sit down but gave up on that a long time ago.  It's an easy fix and you know the students will be standing the entire game and at the very least on big plays...it's a no win situation.

coco

I hope no Linfield students would ever be that rude to anyone at the Catdome, no matter who they were, but it's worse that these people were retired faculty.

Nice piece by Scott Westering.

Wyd, you should have a good one with the Rats this weekend.
Two words:  THE STREAK

RedandPurple

Quote from: wyd on October 03, 2007, 06:08:04 PM
...I can't imagine we are ready to crown a NWC champion this early in the season.

"If you want to crown them, crown their a**es."  Dennis Green, Former AZ. Cardinal's Coach 

:D
Go Cats! Make it 62 in '17!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill

bluenote

DOC....I was thinking more like cryptic or maybe some ancient language from outer space.  ::)

speedybigboy

Quote from: downtown48 on October 04, 2007, 12:05:13 AM
I feel bad for the elderly faculty but Sparks Stadium is huge and they need to not sit behind the students, it's as simple as that.  I deal with that about once a year when we host the state football championships.  The WIAA used to try and make the students sit down but gave up on that a long time ago.  It's an easy fix and you know the students will be standing the entire game and at the very least on big plays...it's a no win situation.
Quote from: coco on October 04, 2007, 04:03:49 AM
I hope no Linfield students would ever be that rude to anyone at the Catdome, no matter who they were, but it's worse that these people were retired faculty.

Nice piece by Scott Westering.

Wyd, you should have a good one with the Rats this weekend.

I agree that there should be someway to accomodate all these fans needs.  Not that we are going to affect it here on this board.  I find it completely unreasonable to think that fans are going to sit down through a football (or basketball) game, but that's just me, it's not tennis!  On the other hand something needs to happen so people who cannot or don't want to stand can still enjoy the game, regardless of their age.  Off the top of my head I'd say designate the lower rows as sitting only and rows above a certain point as allowing standing. 

As far as rudeness from the students.  My guess is that even if they heard the gentleman, which many probably didn't, they may have seen it as an unreasonable request.  Most certainly they had no idea that they were retired faculty.

I think the letter to the school paper was an excellent way to bring the problem to the attention of the students.

I agree it was a nice piece from the head coach.

George Thompson

Linfield fans,

We are a LONG way from even possibly talking playoffs.   Lever Street is right on his points a and b.     Re: point c, I didn't see or hear what the coach said.   

The Wildcats will not have a terrible season and will still be a Top 40 team; they just need to prove they can win the NWC.    Two key aspects of their game are first class, Top 5 national quality.

GO CATS! GO!

George
GO CATS! GO!

MonroviaCat

from UPS' game preview:  "Quarterback Trevor Scharer leads the NWC with 378.3 yards per game in the air but the real strength on the Wildcats might just be on defense, as they have the top three tacklers in the conference in Keone Tawata, Andrew Bean, and Brian Mehl."

??????????  Really, our real strength is our Defense which has given up over 30 points per game?  Oh, and all 3 of those top tacklers are defensive backs....not exactly what we want to see (in my opinion).  No, I'm pretty sure our real strength is our passing game; kicking game is pretty good too.  I hope the defense can make the UPS website correct tomorrow though.   BTW, not trying to slam the defense just pointing out a rather ignorant comment made on the UPS website.  I'm suprised they didn't also mention our vaunted running game.

GO CATS!!!!!
Go Cats!

bluenote

.....I'm looking for us to attack quick and often tomorrow. The defense will also be breathing fire. No mercy..... :'(

Pirate Pride

OxyBob,

Couldn't agree with you more about the letter from the ex-faculty people.  Players feed off of the excitement that a home crowd brings, I can remember times wishing that our fans would stand up and make some noise when we needed a big 3rd down stop, so I don't feel bad for them at all.  Also, I know that many of the teams in this league have a religious background, but still can remember some worse things that could have been said than "Na-na-na...goodbye"  Maybe just my take from a younger perspective.  I just suggest Scotty stay away from a Pac 10 football game  :)

Pat Coleman

Thanks, d-train, for using the "report to moderator" feature to alert me to the post. I've since deleted it.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NWFan

Quote from: MonroviaCat on October 05, 2007, 10:52:29 AM
Oh, and all 3 of those top tacklers are defensive backs....

According to the NWC stats page, Brian Mehl is listed as an offensive lineman so maybe the Linfield SID should get that fixed.  Also, on the Linfield roster, Tawata and Bean are listed as middle linebackers, not defensive backs.

Granted, none of us really understand what the UPS SID was thinking when he wrote that the Linfield strength is on defense but if you are going to point something out that is inaccurate, try not to use inaccurate information to back it up!

Ok, off my small soapbox.  I hope it's a good game tomorrow.  I won't be there myself so I hope that everyone in the Catdome, Logger fans and Wildcat fans alike, have some fun.

Pirate Pride

By the way...Just read the game preview on the Whitworth page for this weekend... 26 hours and 28 minutes until kickoff.  Man am I jacked!!!  Tailgate begins in about 24 hours

d-train

Quote from: NWFan on October 05, 2007, 11:26:52 AM
Also, on the Linfield roster, Tawata and Bean are listed as middle linebackers, not defensive backs.

I think you've got that wrong...'M' is not a middle linebacker.  It stands for Monster Back in Linfield's scheme, which - as I understand it - is like a rover or strong safety.

fatman76

Monster, more of a Free Safety
GO CATS!!
Fatman76

Tuxguy

Noticed The Kicker from Willamette received NWC offense player of the week.
That's a nice honor, and he did kick it with a lot of pressure.
It's got to be hard to follow in the foot steps of some of the great Willamette women Kickers of the past.  ;) ;)

GO WILDCATS
ONE PLAY AT A TIME
ONE GAME AT A TIME
LET'S LEAVE NO DOUBT
Only at a D3 football game could you have 2 seats on the 50 yard line (2 rows behind bluenote) and have an obstructed view!
I love D3 Football!!!