FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxguy

D.O.C.

The funny thing is, L & C only has a womans Soccer team, must be another fine title 9 thing.

Do the students at Reed know about sports?   ;)

Hiking team?  8)
Only at a D3 football game could you have 2 seats on the 50 yard line (2 rows behind bluenote) and have an obstructed view!
I love D3 Football!!!

D O.C.

My mistake...hiking is an outdoor program. I must have meant

ULTIMATE FRISBEE!!!

http://www.reed.edu/sports_center/sports_clubs/ultimate_frisbee.html

fatman76

Don't forget the aspect of Financial Assistance.  I applied to Whitworth, L&C and Linfieldbe cause they each had strong academic reputations.  I had to cancel my recruiting trips to Whit and L&C because their financial packages were not even close to what I needed to attend a NWC school.  Linfield owes some of their success to their alumni for donating so much to the endowment, freeing up money for those in need.
GO CATS!!
Fatman76

Olinemom

Good luck to Linfield against Southern Oregon tomorrow!!  Hope you take it to them and give all the Cat fans a chance to rock the CatDome.  I so enjoyed the game I attended several weeks back!!!  Oliners, protect Scherer.  We need both passing and running tomorrow.  And the defense?  We need a very salty one!!!   :D :D :D
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

Proud Papa Joe

:D :D :D

I'm with you OLINEMOM. GO CATS. I will be there to cheer them on. Protect the QB and open some holes for the RB's. Defense needs to come hard.

GO CATS

PPJ
Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.

Gig Harbor Cat

SOU will come out flat against our Cats.  We go up big early, the SALTY D brings it.  Cats will be a +3 on turnovers and win by 9.

Phone it in, this one is in the bank boys.

Gig Harbor Cat

coco

Quote from: D O.C. on October 12, 2007, 02:05:42 PM
coco...assuming the 'academic standards' debate is similar, what is your opinion, if any, on the SCAIC inviting Chapman to join like the NWC did Menlo?

Lawdy, Lawdy, let Friday be over.

I don't know anything about the academic standards of the SCIAC schools. Is Chapman not up to the rest of them?

I do not believe that Menlo is a good fit with the rest of the NWC academically, but I do see the value of the autobid. We seemed to be doing okay in Pool B, but apparently the number of Pool B bids will be decreasing eventually. Is that correct?
Two words:  THE STREAK

MonroviaCat

Quote from: OxyBob on October 13, 2007, 11:32:24 AM
Quote from: coco on October 13, 2007, 04:52:26 AM

I do not believe that Menlo is a good fit with the rest of the NWC academically, but I do see the value of the autobid.

According to U.S.News & World Report, Menlo is not listed among the Top 100 liberal arts colleges. Of course, neither is Linfield, but at least you have a better football team.

OxyBob
Linfield ranks 122 among top Liberal Arts Colleges but this was the first year as this classification.   This ranks them last in the football playing schools for the NWC with Lewis and Clark, Willamette, and Puget Sound all ranking higher than Linfield.  Whitworth and PLU are in a different catergoies (Regional Universities with Masters) at 9th and 13th in the West.   For the past several years, Linfield was ranked #1 in Western Regional Colleges but I guess their move into a new "bracket" has upped the competition!  (I also noted that Oxy is #34 among Liberal Arts schools).

Menlo is considered a "specialty school for business"  and apparently does not fall into any of the ranking categories (?).
Go Cats!

Gig Harbor Cat

OK boys, Its time to put the books away and get your gear out. Saturday is for FOOTBALL !!!  

Cats in a romp.  They shock SOU's world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GHC

MonroviaCat

Quote from: OxyBob on October 13, 2007, 12:06:17 PM
Quote from: MonroviaCat on October 13, 2007, 11:41:57 AM

Linfield ranks ... [blahblahblah]

Menlo is considered a "specialty school for business"  and apparently does not fall into any of the ranking categories (?).

MC OB
I'll take that as a compliment from the king of pulling "blah blah" off the net and posting it on this site!  Thanks Bob! :)
Go Cats!

bluenote

...the 'cats left at 9:00 this morning. Stopping several times along to the way to leave a 'cat trail.  ;D  Joe says Southern has a very good qb and a couple good receivers. Running back is a D1 transfer. Their defense is very good against the pass but has given up like 175 on the ground each game. We want to control the ball and keep our offense on the field. Get pressure on their qb and force turnovers/interceptions. This will be a battle!

Gig Harbor Cat

The D1 transfer stuff usually means that you have a kid that walked on somewhere-- either held a bag or played on scout team and walked off as fast as he walked on.  There is always an exception such as The Butcher, but usually DIII is where they should have been in the first place.  Last week UPS had a D1 transfer that started for them.  After watching the game my bet is that none of you could tell me who he was or what position he played. No cheating and going to the UPS site !!!

Phone it in

GHC

BOBCAT04

Gig Harbor Cat

Bobcat, Elliot's nickname was The Butcher !!!

BOBCAT04

But was he a walk on at Utah?  I don't know if he was or not, but he lost his job and transfered so he could play right away.  Not all kids that transfer are walkons. The butcher was a starter at Utah before the injury and the rise of Alex Smith.  Lee-Lauduski was the north all star Q.B. in the Spanos allstar game Opposite same A. Smith in San Diego.  He played 1 year at U.C. Davis behind the 3 time all GWFC Q.B. Jon Grant, who by the way was 2nd team 1AA all american last year.  I am not saying the kid is that great, but not all transfers are walkons from bf oregon.