FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Guilford can't seem to get a break on the weather and home games this year.  Tropical Storm Michael is headed north and looks to dump a lot of rain on Greensboro during Thursday night's game with Ferrum.  C'est la vie.

tigerFanAlso2

Mid-Altantic weather continues to be a problem.

Can the game be changed to Saturday ?

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 08, 2018, 10:50:25 AM

I suppose the ADs could, but fall break starts Friday afternoon ... no one will be on campus this weekend.

tigerFanAlso2

No great choices but I rather play in front od a small crowd in lieu of wind and rain. Maybe the storms goes further south and out to sea. the Carolina's need to catch a break on this one

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 08, 2018, 03:35:54 PM
No great choices but I rather play in front od a small crowd in lieu of wind and rain. Maybe the storms goes further south and out to sea. the Carolina's need to catch a break on this one
Yeah, the Carolinas do.  Based on the Thursday night schedule, I planned a trip this weekend.  If it's played Saturday, I won't be there.  :(

y_jack_lok

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 08, 2018, 10:19:48 AM
I'm joining the ranks of JK and refuse to make predictions. Obviously I've not a clue.

Looking more and more like RMC is going to steam roll the ODAC. Pedro has built one hell of a program. Really hurts to make that admission.

"Steam roll" is a bit strong. The defense still has to face SU's passing game. Seemed like pass defense was better against GC, but there was little to no pressure on their QB. Every game is a unique thing. Anything can happen.

tigerFanAlso2

y_jack lok

You are correct; SU will not be an easy win for your Jackets. RMC's best defense that day will be their run game; lots of 1st downs and TOP. Keep SU offense off the field.

gridironsouthernboy

Playing in some wind and rain might help GC's pass def. Run game vs Run game might be our best chance.

hasanova

Quote from: gridironsouthernboy on October 08, 2018, 10:59:18 PM

Playing in some wind and rain might help GC's pass def. Run game vs Run game might be our best chance.
Good thoughts ... and I'm sure Coach R knows this too.

Air Raid

Every game is a unique thing. Anything can happen.
[/quote]

I totally agree, and that is the beauty of this game.  Almost every year there is a game that doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the season.  I have seen really good teams lose games that you think they should win easily, and not so good teams win games they should lose.  I suppose that is what keeps us all coming back week after week.  There is truly something magical about college football and we enjoy every minute of it.

hasanova

Ferrum at Guilford changed to Friday at 7 due to Michael.

HSCTiger fan

Quote from: gridironsouthernboy on October 08, 2018, 10:59:18 PM

Help their pass defense? GC is allowing 336 yards RUSHING per game. That's nearly double any team in ODAC and does not consider their rain out game. The rush defense is what needs the help. I think they play HSC soon that seems to fix any team's rush defense woes.
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

tigerFanAlso2

any ODAC games affected by Hurricane Michael ?

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 12, 2018, 10:50:36 AM
any ODAC games affected by Hurricane Michael ?
Just Ferrum at Guilford changed from Thursday night to Friday night as far as I know.  There are trees down on Guilford's campus, some traffic lights out and spot power outages, but nothing that should affect the game tonight.

hasanova

Final Guilford 28 Ferrum 27

Fun game to watch in Greensboro as the Quakers jumped out to a 21-7 lead and held a 21-13 margin at the half.  FC put up a TD and 2 point conversion to knot the score at 21 all entering the 4th.  FC missed a 40 yard FG wide left and then midway through the 4th GC got a 65 yard catch and run TD up the middle for 28-21 lead.  FC marched down the field to cut the margin to 28-27 and then the Quakers blocked their 2nd PAT of the game.  GC took the ensuing kickoff with about 4 minutes to go and got a couple of key first downs on Bell runs.  FC used their last 2 TOs, but GC successfully managed to run out the clock.