University Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: ADL70 on August 26, 2014, 02:13:22 PM
On the downside, the All-UAA football no longer lists positions or class.

Did it ever?  I seem to remember the all-UAA team always just listing off the guys alphabetically with their schools, but no position or class.
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

DagarmanSpartan

Nice website!!!

But I have a question.

This website suggests that, with NYU beginning varsity baseball competition again, the UAA now has SEVEN baseball playing schools.

http://uaasports.info/sports/bsb/index

If that is correct, then does the UAA baseball champion now qualify for an automatic bid to the NCAA tourney?

Please let me know!  Thanks!!!

DagarmanSpartan

Oh wait. 

I guess Chicago doesn't compete in the UAA for baseball, even though they field a team.

ADL70

I thought we hashed this out some time ago when UAA Lax was brought up.  And I wished for CMU to add baseball.

Chicago's spring break isn't conducive to the Florida tournament. Distance and potential rainouts could make playing two games with each school later in the season a bit of a problem.

I can't reveal more, but expect a radical departure in CWRU's home uniforms.  And I believe two seniors will be wearing different numbers this year. 
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

Four CWRU students killed in plane crash.

Three were members of the wrestling team.

Prayers for their families and friends.

http://cwru-daily.com/news/a-tragic-loss/
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

SpartanMom_2016

It must be horrifying for the brand new students to be away from home for the first time and have to face the death of classmates.  I am so sorry for the families of these students.

BearFan

Terrible news at CWRU

On a more optimistic note, the UAA pre-season projections came out today.

http://uaa.prestosports.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/uaapreseason

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: BearFan on August 27, 2014, 05:28:07 PM
Terrible news at CWRU

WashU is definitely the favorite.  Experience on offense + a handful of starts back from that superb defense = favored status.

I kind of like Chicago, too, if they can find a QB - their defense was pretty darn stout last year as well.  With a bunch of guys back, I expect more good defense from the Maroons.

With all due respect to the fine run from 2007-2011 under Coach Debeljak, I don't know that Case will approach those heights again.  It's hard to say that the wheels have fallen off when the last two seasons have still been "winning seasons" but the Spartans are not nearly what they were three years ago. 

Hard to know what to make of CMU this year.  Coming off a 6-5 season in 2012 that included a hot start and an ECAC bowl game, I expected big things with a fourth-year starter at QB, two top WR's, an experienced OL...and we had a total "thud" of a 3-7 season (although the record wasn't REALLY as bad as it looked; the three UAA losses came by a total of 7 points).  Fairly light on experience, especially on the lines...but I will say that the best season in my four years (2006) was probably the one with the lowest expectations, coming off a 5-5 season with only a handful of starters back on each side of the ball, we went 11-1.  So who knows.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: ExTartanPlayer on August 27, 2014, 05:56:42 PM
Quote from: BearFan on August 27, 2014, 05:28:07 PM
Terrible news at CWRU

WashU is definitely the favorite.  Experience on offense + a handful of starts back from that superb defense = favored status.

I kind of like Chicago, too, if they can find a QB - their defense was pretty darn stout last year as well.  With a bunch of guys back, I expect more good defense from the Maroons.

With all due respect to the fine run from 2007-2011 under Coach Debeljak, I don't know that Case will approach those heights again.  It's hard to say that the wheels have fallen off when the last two seasons have still been "winning seasons" but the Spartans are not nearly what they were three years ago. 

Hard to know what to make of CMU this year.  Coming off a 6-5 season in 2012 that included a hot start and an ECAC bowl game, I expected big things with a fourth-year starter at QB, two top WR's, an experienced OL...and we had a total "thud" of a 3-7 season (although the record wasn't REALLY as bad as it looked; the three UAA losses came by a total of 7 points).  Fairly light on experience, especially on the lines...but I will say that the best season in my four years (2006) was probably the one with the lowest expectations, coming off a 5-5 season with only a handful of starters back on each side of the ball, we went 11-1.  So who knows.

Great season...then came the boom from Wesley. They had a nice defensive end that year, right?

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on August 27, 2014, 06:10:46 PM
Quote from: ExTartanPlayer on August 27, 2014, 05:56:42 PM

Great season...then came the boom from Wesley. They had a nice defensive end that year, right?

They sure did...I still haven't blocked him :P

casefldad

Did anyone attend the Case - Baldwin scrimmage today?  Any news?

ADL70

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

OWU-90

The scrimmage was surprising.  Case started rather slowly and vanilla-like on both sides of the ball.  Probably to be expected in a scrimmage.  As it progressed Case just got better and better on both sides of the ball,  and by the end looked very confident, and was dominating BW.  When I left it was 42-10 Case.  The defense had 3 pick sixes by three different players.  The kicking game was solid, definite upgrade in the punt game and in QB play.

The defense was good as was expected.  Even with Suren out for at least the first three games (shoulder surgery) the defensive backfield shined. 

Offensive line lacks experience but not talent.  I would like to have seen a long, time-consuming drive, but the offense did produce some big play scoring which certainly is exciting.

Can't wait til Saturday night.  It seems as if last year's game vs CMU just ended.

casefldad

Thanks for the update.  I am looking forward to the game.

Quote from: OWU-90 on September 01, 2014, 12:22:19 PM
The scrimmage was surprising.  Case started rather slowly and vanilla-like on both sides of the ball.  Probably to be expected in a scrimmage.  As it progressed Case just got better and better on both sides of the ball,  and by the end looked very confident, and was dominating BW.  When I left it was 42-10 Case.  The defense had 3 pick sixes by three different players.  The kicking game was solid, definite upgrade in the punt game and in QB play.

The defense was good as was expected.  Even with Suren out for at least the first three games (shoulder surgery) the defensive backfield shined. 

Offensive line lacks experience but not talent.  I would like to have seen a long, time-consuming drive, but the offense did produce some big play scoring which certainly is exciting.

Can't wait til Saturday night.  It seems as if last year's game vs CMU just ended.