BB: Player of the month

Started by Jim Dixon, March 05, 2008, 11:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Dixon

Who would you choose as player of the Month for February?

NCWC

16 USA South/ Dixie Conference titles, 12 Regional titles, 2  World Series titles

Mr. Ypsi

A tie: Matt Aronson STILL has a 0.00 ERA, and Ricky Angel STILL has hit a HR every time up! ;) ;D

Oh, wait - you mean the season has started in areas without six inches of snow on the field? :o

Jim Dixon

Quote from: NCWC on March 05, 2008, 11:53:10 AM
Dimitrioff from Piedmont

Not bad either.

Player                    ERA   W-L   APP  GS  CG SV     IP    H   R  ER  BB  SO  2B  3B  HR   AB B/Avg 
Evan Bronson, TU  0.59   2-0      3     2    1    1  15.1   6   1    1 4     22    0    0    0    49  .122   

bigboy1234

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 05, 2008, 01:21:15 PM
A tie: Matt Aronson STILL has a 0.00 ERA, and Ricky Angel STILL has hit a HR every time up! ;) ;D

Oh, wait - you mean the season has started in areas without six inches of snow on the field? :o

Unfortunately  Aronson remains winless in 2008 and Angel has yet to drive in a run this year.

Just_Some_Guy

Quote from: Jim Dixon on March 05, 2008, 01:31:01 PM
Dimitrioff from Piedmont

Not bad either.

Player                    ERA   W-L   APP  GS  CG SV     IP    H   R  ER  BB  SO  2B  3B  HR   AB B/Avg 
Evan Bronson, TU  0.59   2-0      3     2    1    1  15.1   6   1    1 4     22    0    0    0    49  .122   

You'd be tough pressed arguing against Bronson in the month of February which only includes his first two starts and wins, particularly because he did hold down an offensively talented Concordia team, but if it's from February 17th on... (the first month of the season) he did just get the loss against Hardin Simmons (though he pitched well enough to win).

I'd say it's even HARDER to argue against these numbers:
Player                 ERA   W-L   APP  GS  CG SHO/CBO SV    IP   H   R  ER  BB  SO  2B  3B  HR   AB B/Avg   WP HBP  BK  SFA SHA

Kurt Yacko..........  0.44   4-0     9   0   0   0/1    3  20.1   9   1   1   6  32   2   1   0   67  .134    1   1   0    1   0

considering he's also contributing on the offensive end (albiet a much lower AVG than we probably anticipated).

There's some others probably worth mentioning, but I want to get back to my West Region Rankings while I have a few minutes...

JSG

NCWC

Or I could go with the obvious and say Matt Smith NCWC....Five tool
16 USA South/ Dixie Conference titles, 12 Regional titles, 2  World Series titles

Jim Dixon

Quote from: NCWC on March 05, 2008, 06:53:16 PM
Or I could go with the obvious and say Matt Smith NCWC....Five tool

His stats are pretty close to Seth Kivett, Methodist

Spence

Dimitrioff from Piedmont

Waiting for the "when is his arm going to fall off" thread about Dimitroff.

I can say after seeing Piedmont that they are absolutely as advertised. I thought they were talented last year but they just couldn't catch a break in a close game.

This year they're getting those breaks and making some of their own. Dimitroff is being used the way I think a D-III closer should be used, and Nissley and House I think are both outstanding players. Migetz covers a lot of ground laterally at third as well.

I expect to see Piedmont in a regional as a Pool C.

NCWC

Have a majority of Kivetts HR's come at Shelly Field?

BVUmom

How about Tyler Case for BVU?  His batting average is .433 after today's wins over Central......and he is a freshman!

mideastfan2

sounds like he is doing very well....you should be a very proud Mom.  (can tell by your email address that you're related).

hokieone

Trae Bailey, CNU, through 24 games hitting .500, with 43 RBI's. Lots of clutch RBI's.  Unreal how hot this guy has been for an extended period of time.

BaseballFan

Quote from: hokieone on March 30, 2008, 10:31:40 AM
Trae Bailey, CNU, through 24 games hitting .500, with 43 RBI's. Lots of clutch RBI's.  Unreal how hot this guy has been for an extended period of time.

Make sure they are only stats for End of Feb/March because Im guessing 10 of those games are from early February. Some guys from the Midwest:

Peter Burg  of St. Scholastica 5-0  (St. Thomas, Oshkosh, Alvernia 3 of those wins)
Chris Bullis of St. Thomas     .578 avg in 14 games
Lonni Robinson St. Thomas   3-0 21/3  K/BB
Ryan Demmin Oshkosh         2-0 22/6  K/BB
Blake Eller of Scholastica      .484 avg
Steve Kraushaar Scholastica .400 avg 18 RBIS

Those are the guys thats stats really caught my eye probably missed a couple guys