WBB: Liberty League

Started by Eliazabeth Brown, October 19, 2004, 07:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLCALUM83

Kean's up by 15 with less than 2 minutes left:

WLCALUM83

Kean & Oglethorpe just underway.

WLCALUM83

Despite Beruti's hitting several 3's, Kean loses, 98-87.

TIGERTIGER

This team looks like a shell of itself from last year. They don't seem to have any chemistry on the court.Did they get hit that hard by graduation.They looked awful against UR.

thebear

Two words:

Marisa Vespa

She made this program the last four years.

Great player, even better leader.

"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

thebear

Potsdam women move to 8-1 with a 75-68 decision at Skidmore.

Bears are led by Sr. F. Moe Curley with 20 pts and 9 rebounds.  Juniors Rachel Graf. Cortney Poirier, and Molly Krauza
had 13, 12 & 10 pts respectively, while senior Center Kelsey Shoen had 10 rebounds and 6 assists. 

Junior Sharlyn Harper came off the bench for the Thorughbreds to lead all scorers with 24 points, including 5x9 from beyond the arc.

Bears make the long road trip to Buffalo and Fredonia this weekend.  Winning streak now at 8 straight.

Seniors on this team (Shoen & Curley) were 2-23 as freshmen.  Major turnaround for the Bears under Tara Ruckh.
"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

hopefan

I see from the lack of writings that there is no interest in LL women's basketball on this site during the season, much less off season, so I doubt I'll see a response, unless my old head compatriot the Bear writes...   but I'm curious about something.    Back in my D3 time at RPI, St Lawrence was a place I always admired  -  beautiful campus, good athletes, at the time a brand new basketball facility, dedicated coaches.   I look at the lady's hoops record and they have been consistant winners.  What prompts a coach to leave this program for a job at a lady's college, that has had limited success, and little likelihood of being able to recruit the type of athlete who could improve things (at least the Wellsley that I knew of 30 years ago).  Can a coach really find everything necessary to win at a school like Wellsley?  Had the coach moved up the ladder in D3 league status to a school similar to St Lawrence, or to a D2 or D1 school, it would have been totally understandable   -  but SLU to Wellsley, I don't get it????
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Caz Bombers

I doubt anybody will see this, but I sure hope RPI's coach feels real good about himself after this baby seal clubbing.  RPI 67, Paul Smith's 4.  Yup, 4.  Guess all the middle school modified and CYO teams in the Capital District were unavailable.  Clarkson has scheduled them for next month too.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/sports/2009/12/12/WBB_1212093224.aspx?id=2558

http://www.paulsmiths.edu/athletics/basketball/womens_schedule.php

kate

Caz Bombers, if they want to play "big time", then that's what happens.  Other than that, it's hardly a way for ANY team to attain ANY level of confidence.  Overall, GO D3!  Seriously, two years ago or so, FDU-Florham Park in the MAC Freedom beat Cedar Crest in the old PAC, now Colonial States Athletic Conference, 79/12.  Now in 09-10, Cedar Crest has emerged as a real contender, so ya never know - there's always hope for programs to improve.

Caz Bombers

I should probably have also noted that Paul Smith's College is not a D3 institution.  It's primarily a college of forestry, if I remember their old TV ads correctly.  I feel bad for the kids looking at the schedule with 50 point losses to community colleges and things called "Word of Life."

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

7express

Liberty league playoffs going down the final day:

St. Lawrence has won the league with a perfect 16-0 record and RPI joins them in the playoffs.  The other 2 spots are an absolute mess.  William Smith & Vassar (both 9-6 in the league) and Skidmore & Union (8-7) are alive for the final 2 spots.  Skidmore & Union play each other in Saratoga and William Smith and Vassar square off in Poughkeepsie tomorrow, as far as I can tell: the winner of the Vassar/William Smith game gets 1 spot and the loser of the Skidmore/Union game is eliminated.  William Smith is elimanted with a loss no matter what happens in the Union/Skidmore game as they lose the tiebreaker to both teams, while Vassar can still make the playoffs with a loss, but they need Union to beat Skidmore (they lose the tiebreaker to Skidmore, but win it against Union).

7express

Vassar beats William Smith to get into the LL playoffs and eliminate William Smith.
Union wins @ Skidmore to clinch the 4 seed

7express

Skidmore goes to 5-1 in LL play with a dominating 69-54 win at Vassar.  Skidmore jumped out to a 16-2 lead and never trailed while only tied once all game 23-23 late in the first half.

gordonmann

We've released our All-Americans. Congratulations to Cydni Matsuoka.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2013/03/womens-all-americans