Lacrosse

Started by drisclaw, July 03, 2011, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandy74

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on September 15, 2014, 05:48:48 PM
Not really. Being a baseball parent, lacrosse is the wrong season. But I do have some news frpm OWU mens Lax.http://www.battlingbishops.com/mobile/index.aspx?story=2518

Great news for a storied lacrosse program. 

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Vandy74 on September 28, 2014, 10:26:00 PM
Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on September 15, 2014, 05:48:48 PM
Not really. Being a baseball parent, lacrosse is the wrong season. But I do have some news frpm OWU mens Lax.http://www.battlingbishops.com/mobile/index.aspx?story=2518

Great news for a storied lacrosse program.
Womens athletics will benefit as well. That is a plus.

Joe Wally

Wabash lacrosse begins its inaugural varsity season this spring.

BlueZoneBruin

Just found this portion of the message board. Anyone on here talking D3 women's lacrosse? I'm a fan of George Fox out in Oregon, and the NWC only sponsors women's lacrosse. This is only the second season for GFU, but they are currently 8-1 on the year.

madzillagd

The answer to your question is no, no one is talking about women's lacrosse.   :(    But, we can start up a lopsided rivalry because my niece plays for Linfield and they haven't won a game yet this year.

BlueZoneBruin

Quote from: madzillagd on March 23, 2015, 04:57:58 PM
The answer to your question is no, no one is talking about women's lacrosse.   :(    But, we can start up a lopsided rivalry because my niece plays for Linfield and they haven't won a game yet this year.

Maybe that rivalry would balance out the return of our football program.  :)

Vandy74

After a season opening 12-11 loss at the hands of Tufts the Middlebury women have run off a six game win streak.  It's the farewell season for MC's HOF coach Missy Foote.  The Spring Break trip finally allowed them to play in temperatures that don't freeze water and after an easy 19-4 victory over Roanoke the Panthers mettle was tested yesterday against #9 Washington & Lee.  Middlebury led 8-3 at the half and controlled 9 of 12 draws.  After extending their lead to 9-3 at 26:45 in the second half W&L made it 9-4 at 24:09 and by 20:16 it was a 9-7 score.  Coach Foote called a timeout and changed goalkeepers but just under 4 minutes later the Generals scored again cutting the margin to one.  Middlebury then reverted to first half form and at 13:04 scored the first of 5 unanswered goals for a hard fought victory.  They return home to host 5-2 Amherst on Saturday.

There isn't much chatter on this board but with the rapid growth of the game particularly in the Midwest hopefully that will soon change.

NCF

So, I'll throw my two cents in about North Central and the CCIW.  Currently, the men have six teams participating, Carthage, IWU, Elmhurst, Augie, Carroll and Dubuque. Carthage leads the pack at 9-0. The women have seven teams, North Central, Augie, Carthage, IWU, Elmhurst, Carroll and Dubuque, with Augie at 5-1 and North Central at 4-1. The sport has exploded in Illinois high schools over the past five years so I expect the CCIW to reap the benefit a few years down the road.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

amh63

As ordered....Vandy74, here I am. :)
See that you are aware of the Amherst vs. Middlebury game on Sat. At 2:30PM, I believe.  The question I have for you, my friend....are you going to get paid for your services this year or volunteering to impress the " new coach in waiting" ?  Just kidding around here.
Me thinks I maybe catching some of the men's game on Pratt Field starting at 1PM.   The men's team is presently undefeated and slowly rising in the rankings.  Meanwhile the Amherst's women team...ranked pre- season at no.1, is inconsistent....losing to Bowdoin and someone else.  It will be a battle, I believe.  Go Jeffs!

Vandy74

Quote from: amh63 on March 27, 2015, 02:03:01 PM
As ordered....Vandy74, here I am. :)
See that you are aware of the Amherst vs. Middlebury game on Sat. At 2:30PM, I believe.  The question I have for you, my friend....are you going to get paid for your services this year or volunteering to impress the " new coach in waiting" ?  Just kidding around here.
Me thinks I maybe catching some of the men's game on Pratt Field starting at 1PM.   The men's team is presently undefeated and slowly rising in the rankings.  Meanwhile the Amherst's women team...ranked pre- season at no.1, is inconsistent....losing to Bowdoin and someone else.  It will be a battle, I believe.  Go Jeffs!

That it will be, amh63.  #5 vs #13.  As you know I'll be watching the women's game.  I don't work the time clock anymore and enjoy it much more this way. :D 

amh63

Vandy74......Dress WARM, my friend.   Amherst got a fresh coat of snow today! :)

Vandy74

Quote from: amh63 on March 28, 2015, 11:07:34 AM
Vandy74......Dress WARM, my friend.   Amherst got a fresh coat of snow today! :)

We were spared the snow but not the temperature.  An eight foot high snow bank still lines the outer edge on the teams' side of Peter Kohn Field.  But it was a good day for Middlebury Lax both men and women, winners 17-11 and 9-5 respectively over the Lord Jeffs.  Posters on the basketball board are well aware of my strong family connection to Amherst and I lack the pure joy that other Panther fans are feeling today. The women played in cold and windy conditions I expect even Native Americans found unacceptable. :P  That said, it was late into the 2nd half before Middlebury finally took control skillfully burning most of the last 3-4 minutes off the clock as Amherst pulled their GK trying for one last rally.  The Panther men look stronger than they have in several seasons, but there are no easy games in the NESCAC and many still to be played.  With the Middlebury contests now in the record books I'll be rooting as hard as anyone for the LJs to finish strong.

magicman

Vandy,
Nice wins for Middlebury today. Hope that Coach Foote can go out in a blaze of glory. Good luck to her and the Middlebury women.

Vandy74

Quote from: magicman on March 29, 2015, 06:03:32 AM
Vandy,
Nice wins for Middlebury today. Hope that Coach Foote can go out in a blaze of glory. Good luck to her and the Middlebury women.

Magicman........good to hear from you and thanks.  A little arm weather for a "Spring" sport would help but so far it's just the fans who seem to be bothered by it. :P  An overdue congrats to the Cardinal women's hockey team on their 2nd consecutive DIII national championship.  Your men's LAX are having a pretty decent season themselves I see. 8-)  Is Cortland still the team to beat in the SUNYAC this year?

middhoops

Yesterday morning, I woke up with every intention of supporting Vandy74 and attending a big game for Missy Foote and Middlebury.  It was 11 degrees.  Honest.
Watching the live stream video was almost as cold.  Kudos to Vandy for enduring the event.
Too bad we don't get spring for another month; lacrosse has always been huge at Midd.  I distinctly remember when the present men's coach was their all-american goalie.  His coach is now the AD.
If you ever wonder about Middlebury's commitment to lacrosse, they hired a national championship coach a year before their