World Cup and European leagues

Started by Jim Matson, June 11, 2006, 12:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Again, I wasn't disparaging these guys.  I think they work and (as I also mentioned) bring chemistry to a team that thrives on it.  I just don't think they're as scary to anyone as some of the bigger names out there.  It doesn't mean they are any less useful or important to Liverpool, it just means they have to play differently than other teams.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

sac

Does anyone think Liverpool will make a move for Berbatov from Tottenham or is that beyond them?

He seems a shoe-in for Man United this summer.

Hoosier Titan

Quote from: sac on May 08, 2007, 12:24:45 AM
Does anyone think Liverpool will make a move for Berbatov from Tottenham or is that beyond them?

He seems a shoe-in for Man United this summer.

I think they have a lot more resources now with the new owners.  Haven't heard anything about Berbatov, though.  He and Robbie Keane seem to be doing really well together--I doubt Jol would want to let either one go. 

I am leaving for London in the morning--will post any good gossip.
You'll never walk alone.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Berbatov will go to ManU.  The 'Spurs just don't have the money to outbid ManU.  THe only possible way he'll stay is if he actually doesn't want more money and I've yet to see a player admit to or follow through on that one, especially one playing in a country that's not his own.

ScotsFan

Quote from: Hoops Fan on May 08, 2007, 11:57:31 AM

Berbatov will go to ManU.  The 'Spurs just don't have the money to outbid ManU.  THe only possible way he'll stay is if he actually doesn't want more money and I've yet to see a player admit to or follow through on that one, especially one playing in a country that's not his own.
Not only will he be getting more money, he will be going to a championship contending club.  That's a lethal combination if you're a 'Spurs fan hoping for Berbatov's return.

ScotsFan

Anyone finding a local pub to watch the FA Cup Final today?  There's also the option of paying $29.99 to watch it on pay-per-view.  I'm going with option 3 and that is watching it Tuesday night on tape delay on the Fox Soccer Channel.  I figure it won't be too hard to not find out what happened since the media coverage of the EPL over here is pretty nonexhistent.  I'll just have to steer clear of any soccer websites for the next few days.   8)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Amazingly, someone out there is helping you.  The Soccernet scores page for Saturday is not active on the website right now.  You have to specifically go to the FA Cup page to see the results.  Quite a tussle though; should be good on the replay.

WLCALUM83

Props to Stuttgart for taking the German Bundesliga title and to Seville for taking the UEFA Cup final in a real classic match!! :) ;) :D

sac

Quote from: Hoops Fan on May 21, 2007, 12:49:49 PM

Amazingly, someone out there is helping you.  The Soccernet scores page for Saturday is not active on the website right now.  You have to specifically go to the FA Cup page to see the results.  Quite a tussle though; should be good on the replay.

bbc.co.uk

also not bad.

ScotsFan

Well, the match, at least the 2nd half of the match, was worth the wait, although not the result I was looking for.  I was recording the match on my DVR and usually my DVR asks me on sporting events if I want to record past the alloted time blocked out for whatever event I'm recording.  Well, it didn't ask me last night, and besides, I figured since it was a tape delayed broadcast, Fox Soccer Channel would have blocked out the correct time of the broadcast.  NOPE!  My recording cut off just as the 1st OT was coming to a close!  Luckily it was on again straight away, but I had to stay up until almost 2 am to catch the final unfortunate outcome! :(

It's bad enough to lose the Cup to Chelsea, but to have Drogba score the game winner made it hurt even more!

Well, that draws another exciting EPL season to a close.  The off-season will be busy and entertaining as usual.  Which players and coaches will be on the move?  Will ManU make themselves even better?  What will Chelsea look like next season?  Should be quite fun to see how the off-season plays out this summer!

Now, I'll be turning my attention almost squarely on baseball as my Indians are actually looking like a contender this season and the Cubbies are hanging around just enough to make me keep the hope alive. 

Of course there is one more match of interest I will be watching tonight! ;D 

Hopefully the Reds can win another Champions League Cup over Milan.  I happened to catch the replay of that 2005 epic final betwween these 2 sides yesterday.  If today's match is only half as good as that one, we will still be in for quite a treat!

Hoosier Titan

Quote from: ScotsFan on May 23, 2007, 08:57:12 AM

Hopefully the Reds can win another Champions League Cup over Milan.  I happened to catch the replay of that 2005 epic final betwween these 2 sides yesterday.  If today's match is only half as good as that one, we will still be in for quite a treat!

Rafa Benitez does not expect this match to be as high scoring as that one (of course, that one had to be for the Reds to prevail!).  He says that he'd take that one but "I'd probably need a doctor."

The Liverpool F.C. club T-shirts my husband ordered in early may for my Mother's Day present finally arrived yesterday, just in time! :)

Speculation on the BBC is that Rafa's lineup will have only Kuyt up front, with a five-man midfield and Stevie G given free license to move forward.  Should that not produce goals, though, I doubt it will be long before we'll see Peter Crouch.  We'll soon know....
You'll never walk alone.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

We're under way.  Inzaghi is starting up front for Milan.  In my opinion he's one of the most underrated strikers out there; Carragher is going to have to come up big.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Wow, I was totally hoping to be wrong.  Inzaghi just scored his second of the night and AC deserved neither.  Both teams are playing like crap, but Liverpool's doesn't smell as bad.  They shouldn't be down 2-0.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I can't believe Gerard couldn't get a ball in the net.  He was playing so well and they set up the line-up for him to have more freedom to move forward.  Liverpool definitely let one get away here.

Hoosier Titan

Wow...the high points for Liverpool are few and far between.  Jermaine Pennant had a breakout game, and the defense on Kaka was outstanding.  He was a non-factor. 

Milan were fortunate not to be scored on in the first half--Liverpool controlled the ball and the game most of the time.  I wish Liverpool hadn't tried that offside trap so late in the game--they left Reina hanging.  He wasn't really to blame for either goal.

I wonder what the holdup was on getting subs in--according to the announcers, Arbeloa had been waiting to go in for five minutes before he was allowed in.
You'll never walk alone.