Top 25 talk

Started by Lurker, March 23, 2005, 09:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

Quote from: ronk on January 18, 2017, 06:43:50 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 18, 2017, 05:41:01 PM
Quote from: ronk on January 18, 2017, 05:27:39 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 17, 2017, 03:30:45 PM
I missed last week due to being a little too busy, but back to my blog for Week 7. Here is it: http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2017/01/17/daves-top-25-ballot-16-17-week-7/

Dave,
  Is Susquehanna(#11 last week) the highest ranked team ever that u haven't included on your ballot? Understand, I'm not saying you're wrong, just that you're at one end of the parade that's going in the opposite direction. ::)

Susquehanna fell from 11 to 14 this week. Which way is this parade going? :)

It's led by the Animal House band that just ran into the wall. :)

... and a new meme is born:

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

ronk

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 19, 2017, 12:05:24 AM
Quote from: ronk on January 18, 2017, 06:43:50 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 18, 2017, 05:41:01 PM
Quote from: ronk on January 18, 2017, 05:27:39 PM
I missed last week due to being a little too busy, but back to my blog for Week 7. Here is it: http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2017/01/17/daves-top-25-ballot-16-17-week-7/

Dave,
  Is Susquehanna(#11 last week) the highest ranked team ever that u haven't included on your ballot? Understand, I'm not saying you're wrong, just that you're at one end of the parade that's going in the opposite direction. ::)

Susquehanna fell from 11 to 14 this week. Which way is this parade going? :)

It's led by the Animal House band that just ran into the wall. :)

... and a new meme is born:

That's what I was hoping for; +1 K to you, Greg.

Titan Q

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 18, 2017, 04:05:24 PM
Maybe... but Seibring is injured and I can't figure the Titans out. They have been in and out of my Top 25 this season. At one point I did not include them because they had lost to WashU and I didn't have WashU on my ballot. WashU is there for now, IWU is not... and until Seibring comes back healthy, they may not be... but time will tell.

IWU beat Wash U, Dave...in St. Louis.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Titan Q on January 19, 2017, 08:58:27 AM
Maybe... but Seibring is injured and I can't figure the Titans out. They have been in and out of my Top 25 this season. At one point I did not include them because they had lost to WashU and I didn't have WashU on my ballot. WashU is there for now, IWU is not... and until Seibring comes back healthy, they may not be... but time will tell.

IWU beat Wash U, Dave...in St. Louis.

Yes sorry... I actually meant to say that and got all backwards... that's what I get when I try and reply while announcing a rather unexciting basketball game... should have known better.

My point was to say I went to vote for WashU, IWU had beat them, which meant including IWU, and I couldn't pull that trigger... but I got it all backwards.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

WUPHF

Then I am confusing it with another result... I thought it was a comeback, but I was trying to get the blog done more importantly. It isn't a bad win, but if WashU is that good they have to win that first game of this particular road stretch. If they had lost to Emory and beaten Rochester, they wouldn't have been on my ballot. But rivalry game? Sounds like overselling to me. I know the UAA has a lot of heated games, but WashU's rivals would be Chicago and NYU from what I can tell - or at least the games they get the most up for. Not sure if Emory is on that list, though they are in the second tier in terms of WashU's UAA opponents when emotions get involved. Just my opinion from my vantage point.

Thanks as always for taking the time to respond.  Much appreciated!

The thing about UAA rivalries...even the first tier rivalries are mediocre by MIAA or WIAC standards.  Between the historical and geographical limitations, the UAA rivalries are certainly more fluid and based on the level of competition.  The rivals are to an extent, the other schools who are in contention for a conference title.

Washington University and Emory have been Top 10 finishers in the Director's Cup for a while with the teams finishing 2nd and 3rd last season.

The teams share rivals to an extent, so if the biggest match of the year in Volleyball or Tennis is against Emory, that matters.

The NYU game is unique for road games because it regularly draws more Washington University fans than NYU fans (or at least it seems that way), so there is the excitement of a home game atmosphere away from home.

Emory is definitely a tier 1 rivalry.

Swish3

Quote from: Swish3 on January 18, 2017, 08:17:31 AM
Thanks for sharing, Dave...in your opinion, what are the Captains' flaws, especially inside?
I think Daly can disappear far too often and they can get out-sized too often for my liking. I feel like they would be unstoppable if they had a true big man inside. Daly is more like a 4 or even a 3 who is playing a 5. While it was at the beginning of the season, Marietta exposed CNU quite a bit and I can't get that out of my head... and Marietta is a team that can easily be exposed inside as well.

Daly may be 6-6 but he seems to play more like 6-4 and tends to be slowed than those he is playing against... the three biggest players (6-7 and up) are averaging less than four points a game and less than 2.5 rebounds. When Daly is in trouble or needs help, there isn't much to go to. I think it is a problem that will continue to be exposed especially when they get to the tournament.

I think CNU is a really good team, but I think they can be completely exposed inside which also then shuts down the outside game from being a threat.

Quote from: WUH on January 18, 2017, 12:15:00 PM

Just my novice opinion, but of course I am going to suggest that you are underselling Washington University.  Not so much with the number you assigned, but in your rationale...
I certainly won't deny I might be underselling WashU, but there is something about them that just doesn't blow me away. And to be honest, wins over Massey Top 50-60 doesn't blow me away, either.

The Bears played one of the toughest schedules in the nation this season.  No. 4 in the nation with a No. 4 overall ranking according to Massey.  Not arguing for a No. 4 in D3Hoops.com...humans correct for the shortcomings of the computer in this case, but those numbers are worth mentioning.
Debatable... that strength number will continue to change throughout the season as more and more teams take losses. Furthermore, I believe some higher-division games are influencing that particular strength number per WashU's opponents, but I would have to double-check that more before I would be that confident about that assertion.

They did lose to UW-Eau Claire by 14, but they were down by 4 with over a minute left.  The Bears did not play well in the game.  Eau Claire is underrated in my novice opinion...and I could find others who would agree.
You will notice, I do not think UWEC is underrated. I forgot to indicate teams I had seen in person on this week's blog, but I have seen UWEC in action this season... in person... they are a very good team. And while I understand WashU was within 4, they let the game get away from them. That is worth noting as well. UWEC is very good, but from where I have them ranked and downward there are a LOT of teams that could fit into that area. It gets to splitting hairs to get teams onto the ballot.

They destroyed a two-loss Hanover team that Massey has at No. 47.  I do not expect you to list every OK win, but I'll mention this and a few others because I am discussing Washington University specifically.
I am watching Hanover... we shall see. They have been up and down. But yeah, it was an okay win for now. If Hanover starts to change in my eye in a positive manner, it will certainly affect WashU.

Central sure looked better then than they do now...not sure what is happening to them, but they are still No. 59.
Kind of like Hanover, but in reverse. Might have looked good at one point, but isn't looking as good now.

Illinois Wesleyan is underrated in my opinion...time will tell...

Wooster may be down, but keeping it in context, that was still a very good road win.  Massey has them at No. 55. 
I am keeping it in context... Wooster isn't as good this season as people are used to. Plain and simple. Just over .500 and still half of the conference schedule ahead. I hate to say it, but the Wooster game doesn't do much for me no matter where Massey has them. And I don't expect a miracle run to the end like they had last year.

I would say that Washington University barely avoided overtime rather than barely survived Chicago...the Maroons tied the game on that second to last possession.  Waller Perez had been scoring a little too easy in that last quarter, but I see no reason to hand that game to the Maroons in overtime based on the way either team was playing.
Couldn't you argue that barely avoiding overtime is the same as barely surviving? If not for a buzzer beater, they head to overtime against Chicago... so they barely survived and barely avoided overtime. I like Chicago and think they are a pretty good team, but now-a-days with so much parity, I am looking for more than a lot of close games. Chicago's result may come back and be a more positive result in my mind in the future... but for now it just seems odd especially on the heals of playing overtime against a sub-par Wooster squad.

You did acknowledge the Rochester win, but then left out the convincing road win over Augustana.  Both of those were very nice wins in which the Bears played very well.  Nothing ugly about them.
I am struggling with Augustana. I know they are on top of the conference and appear to have retooled in a hurry, but I also wonder if they are there because North Central isn't as good as they should be due to Raridon's injury and North Park isn't as good as they should be because they can't play consistently. So is Augustana really that good or is they have just risen to the top for now? As a result, hard to then gauge WashU's game against them.

If they had lost to Rochester, this wouldn't be a conversation for me. WashU wouldn't be in the poll. However, they did beat Rochester and thus why I am voting for them. That was a game I took notice of...

No comeback needed against Emory...Washington University lead wire to wire against Massey No. 62.  Not bad for a conference game on the road.  At the risk over overselling the all bets are off in a rivalry game meme, that was a big time win.
Then I am confusing it with another result... I thought it was a comeback, but I was trying to get the blog done more importantly. It isn't a bad win, but if WashU is that good they have to win that first game of this particular road stretch. If they had lost to Emory and beaten Rochester, they wouldn't have been on my ballot. But rivalry game? Sounds like overselling to me. I know the UAA has a lot of heated games, but WashU's rivals would be Chicago and NYU from what I can tell - or at least the games they get the most up for. Not sure if Emory is on that list, though they are in the second tier in terms of WashU's UAA opponents when emotions get involved. Just my opinion from my vantage point.

Maybe I am overselling wins against the Top 50-60 in the nation, but I think those wins say a lot.

You are welcome to oversell if you need. I have probably oversold a few teams on my ballot as well. I appreciate why you think they are big wins, I just don't have the same opinion for some of those results.

I had a nice little response to this, but an IT guy came and fiddled w/my computer before I could post it...anyway, I tend to agree w/your comments, but when Daly is aggressive from the jump, he goes to the basket and moves his feet pretty well...if he would do that from start to finish every game, CNU would consistently be that much better.

I can be critical of my team, as well, but need to keep in mind that the majority of their wins have been by double digits, while having a huge target on their back...now, I realize they haven't played the toughest of schedules, but it's been solid overall...in terms of being a top 5 team right now?  Doesn't seem unreasonable, but I'm hoping they'll take it up a notch and really start putting everything together, in terms of Daly and their other two best players who have been inconsistent at times, especially Carter. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

In every season there are surprises. Teams who rise to the top at some point making everyone take a second look at what is going on. For most, it is a matter of making sure they are still around come the midway part of the season. Are they still for real?

On Thursday's night's Hoopsville, Dave chats with teams who clearly aren't just start-to-the-season flash-in-the-pans. Some conference races are not shaping up how many expected when the season began and for these squads they are perfectly fine with that.

Don't forget tonight's coverage looks primarily at the East, Mid-Atlantic, Great Lakes, and West Regions, but will also include taking a look at this week's NCAA Convention and other news around Division III basketball.

Hoopsville hits the air live at 7:00 PM ET. You can watch the show on the following link or on Facebook Live: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/jan19. If you are unable to watch the show live, you can catch up On Demand or listen (or download) the podcasts (available when the show concludes).

Don't forget to contribute to the new "Hoopsville Mailbag" segment. Email questions you may have to hoopsville@d3hoops.com. Dave will answer them on air tonight or on a future show.

Guests scheduled to appear (in order of appearance):
- Mike Miller, Messiah women's head coach
- Chris Downs, St. Lawrence men's head coach
- Jon Miller, Hanover men's head coach
- Chris Novak, Bethel men's head coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: WUH on January 19, 2017, 01:33:14 PM

Thanks as always for taking the time to respond.  Much appreciated!

The thing about UAA rivalries...even the first tier rivalries are mediocre by MIAA or WIAC standards.  Between the historical and geographical limitations, the UAA rivalries are certainly more fluid and based on the level of competition.  The rivals are to an extent, the other schools who are in contention for a conference title.

Washington University and Emory have been Top 10 finishers in the Director's Cup for a while with the teams finishing 2nd and 3rd last season.

The teams share rivals to an extent, so if the biggest match of the year in Volleyball or Tennis is against Emory, that matters.

The NYU game is unique for road games because it regularly draws more Washington University fans than NYU fans (or at least it seems that way), so there is the excitement of a home game atmosphere away from home.

Emory is definitely a tier 1 rivalry.

I'm still something of a UAA outsider, although I attend a fair number of games at Ratner. But it does seem to me that Chicago and Wash U is a legit rivalry, not so much because of the Chicago/St. Louis thing but because Wash U recruits Chicagoland so heavily, and there are thus always a pretty fair number of Bears fans at Ratner when the two teams play.

Of course, this all needs to be put into perspective on an institutional basis. We're talking about universities whose sports teams play a distinctly minor role in campus life as compared to a lot of other D3 schools. I'm pretty sure that, even when the Maroons play Wash U, you could find ten times as many undergraduates in Regenstein Library during that Saturday afternoon than you could find in Ratner. There's a good reason why U of C students wear maroon t-shirts that say, "Where fun goes to die."
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

PeterEscobar

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 19, 2017, 06:35:43 PM
There's a good reason why U of C students wear maroon t-shirts that say, "Where fun goes to die."
Maybe opposing coaches should make sure to include this in recruiting  ;)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Swish3 on January 19, 2017, 02:35:38 PM

I had a nice little response to this, but an IT guy came and fiddled w/my computer before I could post it...anyway, I tend to agree w/your comments, but when Daly is aggressive from the jump, he goes to the basket and moves his feet pretty well...if he would do that from start to finish every game, CNU would consistently be that much better.

I can be critical of my team, as well, but need to keep in mind that the majority of their wins have been by double digits, while having a huge target on their back...now, I realize they haven't played the toughest of schedules, but it's been solid overall...in terms of being a top 5 team right now?  Doesn't seem unreasonable, but I'm hoping they'll take it up a notch and really start putting everything together, in terms of Daly and their other two best players who have been inconsistent at times, especially Carter.

Damn IT guys!!! LOL

Yeah... I have the same read on Daly and the rest. He came out slow against Marietta and never got into the game. And the rest of the team is so inconsistent... it is rather interesting to watch because I can't figure out why.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: PeterEscobar on January 19, 2017, 07:45:34 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 19, 2017, 06:35:43 PM
There's a good reason why U of C students wear maroon t-shirts that say, "Where fun goes to die."
Maybe opposing coaches should make sure to include this in recruiting  ;)

I'm sure that they do ... except that other UAA schools have largely the same reputation as being repositories of "grinds" as far as student makeup is concerned.

4samuy

Quote from: Swish3 on January 18, 2017, 08:17:31 AM
Thanks for sharing, Dave...in your opinion, what are the Captains' flaws, especially inside?
I think Daly can disappear far too often and they can get out-sized too often for my liking. I feel like they would be unstoppable if they had a true big man inside. Daly is more like a 4 or even a 3 who is playing a 5. While it was at the beginning of the season, Marietta exposed CNU quite a bit and I can't get that out of my head... and Marietta is a team that can easily be exposed inside as well.

Daly may be 6-6 but he seems to play more like 6-4 and tends to be slowed than those he is playing against... the three biggest players (6-7 and up) are averaging less than four points a game and less than 2.5 rebounds. When Daly is in trouble or needs help, there isn't much to go to. I think it is a problem that will continue to be exposed especially when they get to the tournament.

I think CNU is a really good team, but I think they can be completely exposed inside which also then shuts down the outside game from being a threat.

Just my novice opinion, but of course I am going to suggest that you are underselling Washington University.  Not so much with the number you assigned, but in your rationale...
I certainly won't deny I might be underselling WashU, but there is something about them that just doesn't blow me away. And to be honest, wins over Massey Top 50-60 doesn't blow me away, either.

The Bears played one of the toughest schedules in the nation this season.  No. 4 in the nation with a No. 4 overall ranking according to Massey.  Not arguing for a No. 4 in D3Hoops.com...humans correct for the shortcomings of the computer in this case, but those numbers are worth mentioning.
Debatable... that strength number will continue to change throughout the season as more and more teams take losses. Furthermore, I believe some higher-division games are influencing that particular strength number per WashU's opponents, but I would have to double-check that more before I would be that confident about that assertion.

They did lose to UW-Eau Claire by 14, but they were down by 4 with over a minute left.  The Bears did not play well in the game.  Eau Claire is underrated in my novice opinion...and I could find others who would agree.
You will notice, I do not think UWEC is underrated. I forgot to indicate teams I had seen in person on this week's blog, but I have seen UWEC in action this season... in person... they are a very good team. And while I understand WashU was within 4, they let the game get away from them. That is worth noting as well. UWEC is very good, but from where I have them ranked and downward there are a LOT of teams that could fit into that area. It gets to splitting hairs to get teams onto the ballot.

They destroyed a two-loss Hanover team that Massey has at No. 47.  I do not expect you to list every OK win, but I'll mention this and a few others because I am discussing Washington University specifically.
I am watching Hanover... we shall see. They have been up and down. But yeah, it was an okay win for now. If Hanover starts to change in my eye in a positive manner, it will certainly affect WashU.

Central sure looked better then than they do now...not sure what is happening to them, but they are still No. 59.
Kind of like Hanover, but in reverse. Might have looked good at one point, but isn't looking as good now.

Illinois Wesleyan is underrated in my opinion...time will tell...

Wooster may be down, but keeping it in context, that was still a very good road win.  Massey has them at No. 55. 
I am keeping it in context... Wooster isn't as good this season as people are used to. Plain and simple. Just over .500 and still half of the conference schedule ahead. I hate to say it, but the Wooster game doesn't do much for me no matter where Massey has them. And I don't expect a miracle run to the end like they had last year.

I would say that Washington University barely avoided overtime rather than barely survived Chicago...the Maroons tied the game on that second to last possession.  Waller Perez had been scoring a little too easy in that last quarter, but I see no reason to hand that game to the Maroons in overtime based on the way either team was playing.
Couldn't you argue that barely avoiding overtime is the same as barely surviving? If not for a buzzer beater, they head to overtime against Chicago... so they barely survived and barely avoided overtime. I like Chicago and think they are a pretty good team, but now-a-days with so much parity, I am looking for more than a lot of close games. Chicago's result may come back and be a more positive result in my mind in the future... but for now it just seems odd especially on the heals of playing overtime against a sub-par Wooster squad.

You did acknowledge the Rochester win, but then left out the convincing road win over Augustana.  Both of those were very nice wins in which the Bears played very well.  Nothing ugly about them.
I am struggling with Augustana. I know they are on top of the conference and appear to have retooled in a hurry, but I also wonder if they are there because North Central isn't as good as they should be due to Raridon's injury and North Park isn't as good as they should be because they can't play consistently. So is Augustana really that good or is they have just risen to the top for now? As a result, hard to then gauge WashU's game against them.

If they had lost to Rochester, this wouldn't be a conversation for me. WashU wouldn't be in the poll. However, they did beat Rochester and thus why I am voting for them. That was a game I took notice of...

No comeback needed against Emory...Washington University lead wire to wire against Massey No. 62.  Not bad for a conference game on the road.  At the risk over overselling the all bets are off in a rivalry game meme, that was a big time win.

Maybe I am overselling wins against the Top 50-60 in the nation, but I think those wins say a lot.

You are welcome to oversell if you need. I have probably oversold a few teams on my ballot as well. I appreciate why you think they are big wins, I just don't have the same opinion for some of those results.

Dave,

Watching many games in the Central Region and a few in the Northeast, Augustana, who struggled a bit early after losing an outstanding senior class and lost to some quality veteran teams in WashU and North Park,  is really good.  Don't underestimate them and Giovanine.  Yes they are young, but they are talented, deep and long going 6'10, 6'9 and 6'8 in the post with a multitude of scorers on the perimeter.  This is probably the first time in the Giovanine era that the offense is ahead of the defense which will balance itself as the season goes on. IMHO the regular season title will come down to the North h Park vs Augie game at the end of the regular season.

Swish3

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 19, 2017, 08:22:45 PM
Quote from: Swish3 on January 19, 2017, 02:35:38 PM

Damn IT guys!!! LOL

Yeah... I have the same read on Daly and the rest. He came out slow against Marietta and never got into the game. And the rest of the team is so inconsistent... it is rather interesting to watch because I can't figure out why.

I don't understand it myself...sometimes, I think they try too hard to get the best possible shot and said players lose sight of their strengths and aggressiveness.  If you're a shooter, you shoot...if you're good at getting to the basket, you drive...I get not trying to force things, but geez, don't forget what got you here! 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

On almost any night you can expect there is something to talk about in Division III basketball. From upsets to dominating results, when thousands of games are being played there never is a moment that goes by that shouldn't be discussed.

That's what we hope to do on Hoopsville every show.

Sunday night is no different. There are plenty of upsets to discuss along with figuring out just exactly who are the best teams in the country. Sometimes that discussion means talking to those who won, those who lost, and those who are helping determine conference races.

On Sunday's show, Dave talks to several teams who are in the conversation around the country. From a men's team who ended a 72-game conference winnings streak to another men's squad whose undefeated conference run ended. Also, a women's squad who is already having the best season in four years and another being led by a man who has overcome more than most do and trying to lead by examble by staying focused despite his battled with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.

Dave will also update a few items voted on this week at the NCAA Convention that will affect basketball starting next season.

You can watch Hoopsville live or watch it on Facebook Live (simulcast):  http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/jan22. If you missed the show live, you can watch the video On Demand in the same manner or listen to or download the podcast (available when the show concludes).

Don't forget to contribute to the new "Hoopsville Mailbag" segment. Email questions you may have to hoopsville@d3hoops.com. Dave will answer them on air tonight or on a future show.

Guests scheduled to appear (in order of appearance):
- Michael Coppolino, Mount St. Mary women's head coach
- Paul Culpo, Castleton men's coach
- Derek James, MacMurray women's coach - WBCA Center Court
- Ryan Kane, Ripon men's coach
- Tom Palombo, Guilford men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Darryl Nester

How They Fared (almost Complete)

Whitman @ George Fox tips off in about an hour; I'll edit that in later this evening.

Top 25

Rank   Pts   TeamW-L   Results
#1615Babson16-1won at #34 MIT, 71-65; won at Coast Guard, 87-72
#2610Whitman17-0won at Lewis and Clark, 82-69; won at George Fox, 95-80
#3562Christopher Newport15-2def. Mary Washington, 81-65; won at Frostburg State, 93-67
#4525Tufts15-2def. #24 Wesleyan, 77-73; def. Connecticut College, 100-83
#5490UW-River Falls16-1won at UW-La Crosse, 91-76; won at UW-Oshkosh, 79-57
#6473Whitworth15-2won at Lewis and Clark, 66-61; won at George Fox, 83-53
#7465St. Norbert12-3LOST at Ripon, 55-81; def. Knox, 65-48
#8448Rochester15-1won at Carnegie Mellon, 87-56; won at Case Western Reserve, 80-61
#9393North Park13-4LOST at Manchester, 77-89; won at Millikin, 89-61; LOST at Illinois Tech, 77-81
#10353Denison16-1won at Hiram, 83-77; won at Kenyon, 82-67
#11345Washington U.13-3def. New York University, 89-72; def. Brandeis, 88-61
#12321UW-Eau Claire13-4def. UW-Stout, 80-62; LOST at UW-Stevens Point, 69-89
#13269Ramapo16-1def. William Paterson, 108-85; won at Stockton, 89-81
#14259Susquehanna15-2won at Juniata, 74-59; won at Drew, 81-75
#15258Middlebury13-3def. Green Mountain, 104-75; LOST at Williams, 65-89
#16257Amherst12-4def. Bowdoin, 66-64; def. Colby, 81-67
#17241Salisbury14-3def. Wesley, 70-68; won at Marymount, 57-56
#18174Marietta13-4won at Capital, 78-65; def. John Carroll, 86-81
#19161Benedictine12-4def. Dominican, 79-54
#20159Augustana14-3won at Elmhurst, 85-69; won at Millikin, 69-53
#21130Claremont-Mudd-Scripps13-1def. Occidental, 63-58; won at Chapman, 62-44; won at Cal Lutheran, 86-71
#22102New Jersey City15-3won at Rutgers-Newark, 67-52; won at Rutgers-Camden, 70-63
#23101Neumann16-1def. Rosemont, 85-83 OT; def. Clarks Summit, 87-47
#2490Wesleyan15-4def. Emmanuel, 80-50; LOST at #4 Tufts, 73-77; won at Bates, 67-64
#2579UW-Whitewater14-3won at UW-Oshkosh, 73-67; won at UW-Stout, 65-51

Others receiving votes
Rank   Pts   TeamW-L   Results
#2662Guilford14-3won at Emory and Henry, 76-59; LOST to Hampden-Sydney, 58-64
#2736Illinois Wesleyan12-5LOST at Carroll, 63-67
#2829Lycoming16-2won at Hood, 73-68
#2928Swarthmore14-3def. Haverford, 89-68; won at Dickinson, 66-53
#3024Hardin-Simmons14-4def. McMurry, 87-83
T#3117Endicott13-4LOST at Roger Williams, 66-73; def. Eastern Nazarene, 80-67
T#3117Hope13-4def. Adrian, 75-65; won at Kalamazoo, 78-58
#3315Bethel12-4LOST at St. John's, 81-87; LOST at Concordia-Moorhead, 70-72; def. Hamline, 94-70
#346MIT13-4LOST to #1 Babson, 65-71; won at Emerson, 76-67
#354Hanover14-2won at Franklin, 78-57; won at Anderson, 74-65
T#363Brockport14-3def. Plattsburgh State, 96-87; def. SUNY Potsdam, 92-62
T#363Catholic13-4won at Goucher, 81-61; LOST at Scranton, 71-92
#381Carthage11-6LOST to Carroll, 76-81; LOST at Wheaton (Ill.), 78-85