FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetiredACLT75

AC looks a little tougher than the pre-season selections indicate.  The O-line should be strong with last years' starting center from IUP transferring in, and some experienced starters returning (Gelles, Nemeth, Perego).  Tarquinio is a beast, and word on the street (N.Main) is that fullback Degiovanni is tipping the scales at about 220...Linebackers beware.  Savage can only improve upon last season, which wasn't too shabby, and the defense should be rock solid. 

I think another NCAC title is in the cards

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!! :)

RetiredACLT75

Also, Matlak made the move back to the traditional uniforms.  The stadium is being re-vamped, and it sounds like things are changing for the better in Meadville

Good Luck Boys...Have a healthy, productive camp

GO GATORS!!!

ScotsFan

That's good to hear about 'Gheny going back to the traditional unis.  I always thought that the switch to the new unis was a mistake.

aueagle

kcreds...tell jr to find the fun in all of it...it goes by too quickly..I heard the frosh number in Delaware was 60. Yes, it is a high number for the Bishops BUT since the restructuring of the AD and other important slots, the #'s should be even better in the future.

nike

Heard from folks in Wooster that running back will be by committee. They did not get all the kids they wanted to keep them on top. That Witt should be unbeatable and that OWU is a puzzle-great incoming talent but can the offense score consistently? And they will have speed.

scotty

the commitee will be fine...they got enough in my opinion...nobody is unbeatable...speed?, OWU or Wooster...
Boo Creepy Foot Doctor, Hooray Beer.

nike

I'm sorry. OWU will have speed. Local paper talked about a kid from California with blazing speed and they have freshmen from NY and FLorida who are supposed to be fast. Wish all NCAC schools had their sports websites as current and informative as Witt Wabash and Wooster. Noticed at Wooster that Kearney and Sutton from last year's team are assistant coaches this year.

gobash

Oh man, it's almost that time again.  Can't wait to see the Little Giants in action!  And nice work on the new forums Pat...can we change the color to red and white though?!? :)

smedindy

Jeremy Morris' brother is also attending Wabash, though not playing any varsity sports.

krock

Smeds - who's Jeremy Morris?

Looks like the weights continue to be updated on the Wabash website.  Some notables that could play big roles...Bryan Engh (DB) is up to 5'11" 201, Eric "I'm due for a huge year" Summers (WR) is up to 199, Don Juan Brown (RB) is 188, Dustin Huff (QB) is up to 6' 215, Billy King (FS) is a solid 205, and Richard "we need to find a way to get this kid on the field" Roomes (LB, DB) 6'1" 200.

BashDad & BashBrother - any word on the 12 minute run results???

bashbrother

Krock - 12 Minute run went very well.

There is a really great energy on the team this year.  Everyones in shape, everyone is healthy and there is extreme motivation.

I wish they were kicking off this weekend.

Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

BashDad

Krock:
Twelve minute run results were very good.  Don't have all the names, but have been told that senior team leaders got it first try, even after maxing out on weights--and in spite of the heat!  Had some concern about this since a certain QB had trained all summer in the very cool climate of San Francisco.  

Over-all, reports from camp are that most are in the best physical shape ever and are focusing on "unfinished business."  Can't wait!

WABASH ALWAYS FIGHTS!!

krock

Great news on the 12 minute.  Good update.  It's about time!!!  HA!  I noticed the sub-190 weight...

Smeds - forgot that Jeremy Morris is the 6'4 300 pounder.  Glad his brother chose Wabash!   :)

Just heard there are some good website upgrades coming on the Bash football site.  Player photos, player info, etc.  Roster will also be updated with current weigh-in info still coming in.

DarkSide-D

Wabash and Witt fans have one more Scottie to contend with this year.  I have been reading the site for a long time and finally realized that I have to become part of the action!

It should be a great year for the conference as a whole.  It is nice to see that fans are considering another team outside the three W's as a contender.  However, as a former defensive player who feed off the wing-t offense, I can only predict that OWU will flop.  That is not to say, however, that the Bishops will not be strong this season.

As for good ol' Woo, I look for them to surprise some people this year.  No, I am not predicting an all out show stopper via a repeat, but I look for them to compete and place higher than the preseason predictions.

Any word on the renovations that took place over the offseason, such as witt?  I think I heard that OWU was getting a face lift on Selby Field.  Its tragic about Kenyon's new facilities.  I was poking around the campus there the other day and asked some of the ppl on staff there about it, and all they could say was that it was an eyesore.  It's a shame that what will be such a great athletic center was placed on a campus where the faculty don't much care for the athletics.

tiger_alum

DarkSide,

You asked about upgrades?  Witt did upgrade many of their facilities this year.  Among the upgrades were a new track and playing surface.   This link will take you directly to the page showing all of the upgrades.