MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNU85

I agree when it comes to showmanship. Or if the coach is just relentless and not really "getting" over something.

The Women's game was funny. Other team had the ball...CNU coach was yelling at his players to call a timeout when they gain possession. The ref blew the whistle, motion for a timeout for CNU. Then realized what she did and T'd up the coach for calling a TO without the ball. I chuckled.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: CNU85 on December 05, 2017, 09:06:04 AM
I agree when it comes to showmanship. Or if the coach is just relentless and not really "getting" over something.

The Women's game was funny. Other team had the ball...coach was yelling at his players to call a timeout when they gain possession. The ref blew the whistle, motion for a timeout for CNU. Then realized what she did and T'd up the coach for calling a TO without the ball. I chuckled.

Well that is just a flat-out mistake on the official. It reminds me of one official in particular. I hope it wasn't her. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Swish3

CNU dropped out of the Top 25...makes sense w/no Marcus Carter, nagging injuries for multiple players and a lot of new faces.  Considering the circumstances, not a bad start to the season, but the Frostburg loss hurt...still like to see more of Geiman and less of Beasley.

GO CAPS!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Swish3 on December 05, 2017, 02:19:31 PM
CNU dropped out of the Top 25...makes sense w/no Marcus Carter, nagging injuries for multiple players and a lot of new faces.  Considering the circumstances, not a bad start to the season, but the Frostburg loss hurt...still like to see more of Geiman and less of Beasley.

GO CAPS!

Pretty much wrapped up my reasons for dropping them.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on December 05, 2017, 02:29:05 PM

GO CAPS!

Dave, my buddy saw the Goucher women's team up at Delaware Valley last week and his only comment was "yikes". Did they graduate everybody or have they been scuffling for a few years?

Swish3

Every now and then, I'll glance at Bridgewater's schedule and see how they're doing...based on what I've seen, their head coach, who was an assistant at CNU, needs to have a good year or he'll be pounding the pavement soon.  I hope he turns it around, as I hate to see anyone lose their livelihood....

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 05, 2017, 02:33:35 PM

GO CAPS!

Dave, my buddy saw the Goucher women's team up at Delaware Valley last week and his only comment was "yikes". Did they graduate everybody or have they been scuffling for a few years?

Combo of things... they have been scuffling for ... almost two decades (if we want to be honest). They had started to come back around, but Patrick Daniel they previous coach of two years left almost the moment the season ended. There wasn't much in the cupboard after he left - not sure why recruiting dried up. Then add in their top player transferred for her her senior year to Catholic and their next best player I think was told had knee surgery - or something with her knee - that I think has ended their season.

They had seven players at the late-October "Midnight Madness" and ten on the roster for the first game. It is going to be a LONG season.

That said, Capital's previous top assistant is now the coach and I have heard she has already been successful on the recruiting trail - her true bread and butter. There may... MAY be light at the end of the tunnel, but it is going to probably be a brutal campaign this season.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on December 05, 2017, 02:36:39 PM
Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 05, 2017, 02:33:35 PM

GO CAPS!

Combo of things... they have been scuffling for ... almost two decades (if we want to be honest). They had started to come back around, but Patrick Daniel they previous coach of two years left almost the moment the season ended. There wasn't much in the cupboard after he left - not sure why recruiting dried up. Then add in their top player transferred for her her senior year to Catholic and their next best player I think was told had knee surgery - or something with her knee - that I think has ended their season.

They had seven players at the late-October "Midnight Madness" and ten on the roster for the first game. It is going to be a LONG season.

That said, Capital's previous top assistant is now the coach and I have heard she has already been successful on the recruiting trail - her true bread and butter. There may... MAY be light at the end of the tunnel, but it is going to probably be a brutal campaign this season.

The combined number of wins for the Goucher women and the DelVal men (injuries galore) may not exceed the number of thumbs on both hands!! :(

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Sadly... true.

I remember the Goucher men's 3-21 season... and I will never forget my 0-17 soccer campaign... I wish it on no one.

Swish3

Anyone know what's happened to St. Mary's?  They were .500 their last two seasons and are off to a slow start this year...perhaps their talent level has dropped off and are playing better competition more consistently?

Now that I mentioned it, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat CNU tonight....

CNU85

Swish3

Quote from: CNU85 on December 10, 2017, 05:32:15 PM
He's baaaaaaaack!!!!! #3.

Yes, and he played well, but the team let Wesley back in it...Marin has to stay out of foul trouble and make his free throws.

GO CAPS!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The basketball season always experiences a lull a month after starting the season. It is one of just a few sports that experiences the ups and downs of scheduling. With finals complete and students headed home for the holidays, teams are left to either take a very long stretch of time off as well or find a way to stay active.

Sunday night on Hoopsville, Dave chats with a few coaches whose programs are at a cross-roads: finding a way to keep playing or take a break after squeezing in nearly half the season in the opening four weeks. Dave will also take a look at the Top 25 and wonder if things have settled down especially on the men's side.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7pm ET right here: http://bit.ly/2CM1ExW

You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Keri Carollo, No. 13 UW-Whitewater women's coach
- Matt Hunter, York (Pa.) men's coach
- Larry Anderson, No. 22 MIT men's coach
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com Around the Nation columnist

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

MW_Eagles

Exciting win for Mary Washington yesterday after the exam break!  Down 8 at half to Randolph Macon and won it with this :

http://umweagles.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/videos/umwmb1217

Swish3

Quote from: MW_Eagles on December 18, 2017, 07:45:55 AM
Exciting win for Mary Washington yesterday after the exam break!  Down 8 at half to Randolph Macon and won it with this :

http://umweagles.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/videos/umwmb1217

Nice win...congrats!