Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukebox Hero

Good thing we don't have to pay Sidney and Bennett lucrative contracts anymore...woulda been hard to keep O'Brien with the cap situation http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Jukebox Hero

Don't forget we get Raymie Auman back too (at least to my knowledge). He only played 3 games this year before breaking his wrist, averaged like 18 a game. I believe they redshirted him and he still has a year of eligibility even though he's a senior. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

jashoopsfan

Rumor has it that Auman may not play next year if he can't get financial aid for school.

Bigdaddy

So Bulb....as to the E8 vs. SUNYAC discussion...you said previously that the big Potsdam/Fisher match up would give answers to the questions and that you didnt think the ecacs were a good indicator....what are your thoughts now?

SUNYAC takes ECAC and plays an interesting game in the Sweet 16 against Fisher....thoughts?

Superman

I admit that SUNYAC had teh better post season but lets remember Fisher had probably their worse game of the year when your missing open shots than you know it's bad, but nothing aginst Potsdam they did win the game

RespectHartwick

Folks,

One Team- One Dream Season- One Game

DASHED after 40 minutes of half ass play!  

It must suck walking around Fisher and Rochester knowing you could have won against Potsdam. If only you could have focused harder, played harder, and fought harder. The personnel talent and coaching wasn't the problem, the problem was player cockiness and horrible team attitude when adversity hits. Honestly, Fisher collasped Hartwick style! Sometimes it happens to the best of teams!

Well the season is finished, the records have been set! However, what is missing is the National Championship that got AWAY! Records are nice but they  can be broken. However, tangible NCAA trophies do not go away.  

But luck next year against more improved conference teams

The Bear

Fisher had a great run, I fear they would not have been competitive at Salem because of their inside players.  

Rochester has three quality big men, Fisher does not.  You will always face two good big guys at the Final Four level.  

You also can't have any weak links as man-to-man defenders, or they will be exposed quickly.

Besides you were facing the D-III version of the '73 Dolphins jinx, Potsdam will do anything it can to protect the streak and the '86 unbeaten record.

Great season for Fisher and their classy coach.

Caz Bombers

All-Region teams announced on the front page, E8 nicely represented by O'Brien and Sidney on the first team and Troy/Murphy/Bryant on the second team.

I wonder who the "last one out" for the second team was that got bumped in the voting by Adam Turner of Bard. Not to come off as too dismissive of the effort and commitment it takes to devote one's self to Division III basketball yadayadayada...but a Bard player? Really? Seriously? How good could he have been when his team barely won any games against the worst possible competition?

Pat Coleman

There was a tie for the last spot. Nobody got bumped -- in fact, an extra person got in. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Gregory Sager

It's not exactly the "D3 version of the '73 Dolphins jinx," Bear. Wisconsin-Platteville has logged two undefeated seasons since Potsdam State did it ('95 and '98, to be specific).

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

Besides the 73 Dolphins went 12-2 on the regular season and 15-2 overall.  It was the 72 Dolphins that were undefeated.

Gregory Sager

The Bear is a Bills fan, Mike. Like me, he's allergic to Dolphins lore. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

And here I am a Dolphins fan, stuck in Jets country.  At least I can enjoy watching the Giants.  Another case of hives for The Bear.  http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Superman

hey hartwick how does it feel to walk around campus knowing that you won exatcly 0 league games, if you only played harder you might have won one.  We have no worries on fisher we did better and went further than what anyone thought

not josh reed

Hey Hartwick you remind me of those pesky little dogs that just yelp and jump all over people.  How can you continue to spew this nonsense about Hartwick. Show some respect for your masters or we will send you to obedience school.