MBB: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by joe smith, February 11, 2005, 03:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Collinge

Furthermore, Thomas More died "the King's good servant, but God's first."  Seems an unlikely candidate to align with Presidents! http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Toph

DC-
Well done.  Excellent reference.

Big Daddy

Westmister assistant Ben O'Connor accepted the head coaching job at Fox Chapel High School near Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago. BTW, this is the school district where the "Heinz-Kerry" compound is located. Hope those Democrats can play some ball.  

It was reported in all the local papers that Ben was the leading candidate to replace the retired "Legend of PA high school basketball" John Miller from Blackhawk High School but he withdrew his name from consideration.

Congrats Ben and Good Luck!

hopefan

Hope he's been saving up his earnings from Westminster if he is going to buy a home in Fox Chapel!!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

digs

Ironically O'Connor's repalcement at Westminster will also be an assistant track coach.

Big Daddy

Hey Joe Smith,

Do you ever check this board during the summer? What do you think about T.More & St. Vincent coming into the PAC?

joe smith

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile.  Summer fever.  Anyway a lot of noise in the PAC this offseason.  The additions of T. More and St. Vincent will make the conference a little stronger.  Geographically speaking, the addition of T. More kind of stumped me.  It won't be much of a conference hyped game being nobody will travel 4 hours to see a 2 hour b-ball game unless its a huge game.  And I still don't know if anyone would make the trip.  So I grade this move a C-

As for St. Vincent I think this was a great move for all the PAC basketball wise.  St. Vincent's men is a national powerhouse in NAIA and will make some noice hopefully recuiting wise and attact some better athletes to the PAC.  If you remember a few years ago I posted saying that St. Vincent would be in the conference in a few years.  I predicted right.  Anyway I grade this move a B+  Personally I'd rather see a Geneva or Allegheny but beggers can't be chosers.

bishopsfan

Does the PAC now have an automatic bid to the NCAA tourney witht he additions of Thomas More and St. Vincent?  If so who is the preseason favorite.
Go Bishops!!

Pat Coleman

There's a two-year waiting period for an automatic bid. And St. Vincent isn't in the league until 2007, I believe.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

big_daddy

Hey Joe,

I heard a rumor that Jimmy Deep isn't around anymore because of grades. Any truth to the rumor?????

big_daddy

joe smith

Yes it is true that Jim Deep is no longer on the team.  I'm not sure to why but I do know that he was gone sometime in the spring last year.  Brandon Duncan Is also gone from last years team due to personal reasons.  That's 2 starters or guys that saw signifigant time last year.  To fill the void Bethany got a solid transfer from West Liberty College that played the back-up point guard role last year.  He will definitely see some time this year.  Other then that I do not know much.  I will be in attendence for the beginning of practices this week for a better look at this years team.

joe smith

I know it's really early but any info. on teams so far?  Any preseason predictions?  Food freshman or transfers coming in that'll see signifigant time? 

ScotsFan

QuoteFood freshman or transfers coming in that'll see signifigant time? 
   I heard that Grove City has added some fine produce to their lineup... ;D  ;)

joe smith

It'll be the same for every player that plays at Grove City.  Good defenders but can't drop the ball in the ocean unless they play 5 feet from the basket.