FB: Region 6 fan poll

Started by 02 Warhawk, October 28, 2014, 04:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02 Warhawk

Looks like we're the last region to get one of these started up. So, I'll be happy to organize one if we can get at least 10 reliable voters. We can use D3football.com's West Region team list as eligible teams to consider. I'm hoping to get two or three people from each conference to participate, if possible. With no more than one representative/fan from each school.....just to have a fair and unbiased poll as possible. Since we're halfway through this season already, I will probably won't start until the 2015 season.

This could be fun, considering (as we all know) the West is where the power conferences in DIII reside  :P  ;)

So if you're fan of a West region team (MIAC, WIAC, MWC, IIAC, SCIAC, UMAC, or NWC) and interested in doing this next year, you can send me a message or sign up here:

1. 02 Warhawk (UWW - WIAC)

Please, one person per school (sorry UWW fans)  :-\ .

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on October 28, 2014, 04:30:42 PM
Looks like we're the last region to get one of these started up. So, I'll be happy to organize one if we can get at least 10 reliable voters. We can use D3football.com's West Region team list as eligible teams to consider. I'm hoping to get one or two people from each conference to participate, if possible. With no more than one representative/fan from each school.....just to have a fair and unbiased poll as possible. Since we're halfway through this season already, I will probably won't start until the 2015 season.

So if you're fan of a West region team (MAIC, WIAC, MWC, IIAC, SCIAC, UMAC, or NWC) and interested in doing this next year, you can send me a message or sign up here:

I don't think you need 10 voters.  Most of the other fan polls seem to work fine with 5-8.
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

02 Warhawk

I just said 10 in hoping to get one or two voices from each conference....but that might be difficult. I'll see who's interested and go from there.

hazzben

I'm game.

2. Hazzben (Bethel - MIAC)

d-train

What if I'm unwilling to rank teams from two of those seven conferences in the West's top 10?  :-X

MasterJedi

If you need me without weighting to poll too far to UWW's side, I'm game.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: d-train on October 28, 2014, 05:16:33 PM
What if I'm unwilling to rank teams from two of those seven conferences in the West's top 10?  :-X

We can use a few pollsters from the left coast.

BoBo

Looks like we're the last region to get one of these started up. So, I'll be happy to organize one if we can get at least 10 reliable voters. We can use D3football.com's West Region team list as eligible teams to consider. I'm hoping to get two or three people from each conference to participate, if possible. With no more than one representative/fan from each school.....just to have a fair and unbiased poll as possible. Since we're halfway through this season already, I will probably won't start until the 2015 season.

Quote from: MasterJedi on October 28, 2014, 05:18:49 PM
If you need me without weighting to poll too far to UWW's side, I'm game.

02, I think you should allow MasterJedi to be the one, WW pollster, not yourself.  I know it is through you that this action might come to fruition, but you've taken a rather unilateral and undemocratic approach to selecting yourself without anybody else having an opportunity to put their hat in the ring. MJ has indicated his willingness to be part of this endeavor, so why don't you step aside by become the poll administrator and yield your self-appointed position to MasterJedi or anyone else who might be interested? Plus, you're already part of the national Top 25 Fan poll - how 'bout sharing the wealth a little?  All in favor say I...
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

ExTartanPlayer

I don't see anything wrong with two UWW voters. NRFP has a few Wabashians and it works out OK.

Besides, I don't think UWW bias will be that much of a deal. Everyone kinda knows where UWW goes in the poll :)

I know 02 Warhawks is trying to be as balanced as possible, but given the choice between no WRFP at all vs. a poll with a couple UWW voters, I'll take the poll with a little extra purple in it.

Plus, UWW diehards probably have a good feel for many of the other West conferences because of the multiple deep playoff runs.
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

02 Warhawk

Alrighty...if there are no objections MasterJedi is in.

2. Hazzben (Bethel - MIAC)
3. MasterJedi (UWW - WIAC)

hazzben

Yeah, I'm ok with it as well. I'd just like to see a poll.

And like ExTartan said, I think we've all got a pretty good idea where to slot UWW right now!

02 Warhawk

Quote from: hazzben on October 29, 2014, 09:02:03 AM
Yeah, I'm ok with it as well. I'd just like to see a poll.

And like ExTartan said, I think we've all got a pretty good idea where to slot UWW right now!

I may allow one more WIAC fan to enter....I just don't want it to me WIAC heavy. Hopefully some fans from the NWC and SCIAC would be interested in joining. As well as some from the other conferences.

We have plenty of time though.

badgerwarhawk

02 you need to post something on the other West Region forums and let them know what you're doing and that you're looking for their participation.

I'd be willing to be involved but you've already got two WIAC people.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

02 Warhawk

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on October 29, 2014, 09:27:58 AM
02 you need to post something on the other West Region forums and let them know what you're doing and that you're looking for their participation.

I probably will advertise it more early before next season. Yea, I'm trying to get a wide variety of voters....not all fans from the same team or conference.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on October 29, 2014, 09:31:21 AM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on October 29, 2014, 09:27:58 AM

I probably will advertise it more early before next season. Yea, I'm trying to get a wide variety of voters....not all fans from the same team or conference.

That makes sense and would undoubtedly make the poll better.  Of course you know me and how totally unbiased I can be.   ;D
"Just think twice is my only advice."