D 3 Job Openings (not to be confused with Hot Seat)

Started by Abitofeverything, November 27, 2017, 11:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DivisionIIISoccerSource

They are transitioning to D2 at this time. They announced this in 2017 !

Knowenough2bdangerous

Quote from: DivisionIIISoccerSource on April 28, 2018, 12:38:41 PM

Both genders playing D3 schedules this year. So, no immediate transition.

Saints83

Thomas More job is open again. The coach took an assistant job at Miami of Ohio.

Knowenough2bdangerous

Milikin hires away Wesleyan coach after just one season

cciw83

The Wesleyan College coaching job in Macon, GA has been a quick turnover position. One prior head coach started there and is now the head coach at the Citadel. Wesleyan is a very small school and tough place to recruit, Millikin will seem like a large school for him.

PlaySimple

Quote from: Saints83 on May 14, 2018, 07:41:15 AM
Thomas More job is open again. The coach took an assistant job at Miami of Ohio.

She lasted what? A year? I feel bad for the kids there with this late timing.

With Thomas More going to NAIA I wonder if that will make the job more appealing or less appealing. NAIA schools can offer money but it puts a different dimension on the recruiting process. Also, it seems as if NAIA schools are seen as not being strong academically when compared to D3 schools. While it is true that the majority of D2 and NAIA schools are not the equal of most D3 schools for academics, there are exceptions and there are some solid academic choices.

Saints83

This will be her 3rd school in 3 years, she will not be missed! TMC changed to Thomas More University after this past year and I think their ultimate goal is D2 in the near future, but I could be wrong.

Knowenough2bdangerous

Purplegatorade

Is there an update on Thomas More, Wesleyan(GA), or Carthage?  Haven't heard much chatter on any of these openings.

Saints83

Purplegatorade

Ian Wilson, former assistant at Illinois Wesleyan, was hired as the Carthage women's coach:

https://athletics.carthage.edu/news/2018/7/9/womens-soccer-ian-wilson-named-next-head-of-lady-reds-soccer.aspx
[/quote]

This is a great hire for Carthage.

Knowenough2bdangerous

Rutgers -Newark open....heck of a time for that!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: DivisionIIISoccerSource on April 28, 2018, 12:38:41 PM

In case it was missed, Benedictine has reversed course... they are not going to DII.

Also, it was announced in January/February 2018. It might have been rumored, but it all came together rather last minute in January of 2018.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.