BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishopleftiesdad

OWU vs Blufton at Chilcothe

Ohio Wesleyan 6, Bluffton 5
Ohio Wesleyan 7, Bluffton 1

http://www.battlingbishops.com/news/2012/2/25/BA_02252012.aspx?path=baseball

Bishops looked pretty good. It was a cold day to play baseball.

Bishops season preview.

http://www.battlingbishops.com/news/2012/2/24/BA_2012preview2.aspx?path=baseball

Bishopleftiesdad

March 15th should be interesting:

COLLEGE OF WOOSTER  VS. MARIETTA COLLEGE down in Florida at the Snowbird Classic. Any predictions?

Bishopleftiesdad

Dr. Acula

Forgive my ignorance, but how is DePauw usually?  Is this where they'll probably be most years? 

Bishopleftiesdad

Did son research on them,when my son was being recruited. They were previously in the SCAC and usually did pretty well. Last year they never cracked the top 25 but where in the also receiving votes at least once.

They will make the west division of the NCAC even tougher. I talked to Jake Martin the coach several times and was very impressed. He played baseball at Wabash (go Figure) and should do a good job of recruiting. The problem with Depauw on the SCAC is the other teams could start so much earlier so bye the time they would get into League play the southern teamd would have had a good number of games and practices outside, while Depauw was just getting outside and may have played some games on a spring trip or in the cold.

I think in a few years, if not right a way they will be competing in the NCAC conference.

The NCAC west will become a very tough to be one of the top two with Depauw joining. The NCAC is back to division play this year, but next year there will be some other division play required which will count as confernece games and even up the divisions a little bit.

I think they will help raise the NCAC's rep a little bit. They will be a great addition and I wish them luck.

Bishopleftiesdad

Kenyon beats Widener 15-5 to start the spring trip Jr. Tyler Dierke goes 6.1 innings allowing nine hits and 4 earned runs. Kenyon is now 1-3 on the year.

Dennison is 1-3 after a trip to Emory One win against Berry 8-0, Loss to Berry 19-2, Two losses to Emory 9-7, 5-4 (10 innings)

Depauw starts season 6-1 with sweeps of Washington St Louis and Transylvania and a split with Anderson.

Hiram wins first two games of season against Emerson, 9-6 and 7-5.

Oberlin starts season losing two to Case Western 2-5 and 1-9.

OWU Gets a spit with Case this weekend. 1-6 and 7-3. They are now 3-1 on the season.

Wabash is now 3-4 on the season after a 12-1 win over Desales on Sunday.

Wittenburg opened their spring at the Russ Matt invitaional with 2 wins over Pitt-Greensburg.

Wooster starts their Season on 3-11.

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 02, 2012, 12:59:30 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but how is DePauw usually?  Is this where they'll probably be most years?

There doing well so far this year. Depauw is 6-1 against some good teams, WashU, Anderson, and Transylvania. They also have received some Votes in D3baseball's top 25. They are only picked to finish fourth in the conference but I can see them finishing higher than that. Switching out Earlham for Depauw is going to make the west division a dogfight.

BashBacker#16

Wabash is now 3-0 in Texas, bringing their record to 5-4 (after a 1-3 start).  They play Mary Hardin Bayler now.  Pumped to see these guys playing well down south.

DePauw has very good baseball and has been a consistent NCAA playoff team.

Wabash Always Fights!

DUBBALL15

Denison Leaves Saturday morning for Port Charlotte:

Loaded schedule with lots of ranked teams should be a good test for them.  After 4 games, they are 1-3 but played some decent ball in 3 out of the 4 games though.  Looking forward to seeing how they fair against Berg, Marietta, Rhodes, Montclaire St, and Mt. St. Joes. 

By the way anybody notice how balanced the west will be this year?  8-8 could be a 5 way tie for 1st.  How would they decide who goes to the tournament???

Just wondering. 

Bishopleftiesdad

DUBall

I agree the west is going to be very balanced. I have no idea what the NCAC tiebreakers are though.

OWU leaves for Florida today, they are playing in the snowbird classic. First game Sunday against Heidelberg. Wish I was going down to watch.

Good luck all

countyroad

Wooster finally takes the field today against LaGrange @ 1:00. I was hoping their 2012 media guide would be up on Wooster's website but it's not just yet.

Bishopleftiesdad

Wooster leading LaGrange 4-2 top of 8th.

Bishopleftiesdad

Last half of the order comes through for Ohio Wesleyan in a 7-0 win over Heidelberg.

Frentos 3-3 with a double
Gaydos 0 for 3 but with an RBI
Bott 2 for 4 with a double
Toland 3 for 4 with 2 RBI and a double
Buckey 2 for four with an RBI

Dibiasio as the lead off hitter  1 for 4 with 2 RBI and a triple as the leadoff hitter

Skarsten pitches 8 innings allowing  4hits and 0 runs. His ERA for the season is .9375

Good luck Bishops against Mount

ScotsFan

Nice win for the Bishops.  I see Denison beat Heide over the weekend as well!  Heide is off to a bit of a rough start as they are just 4-4 on the season.

Wooster gets off to a 1-0 start to the season as they beat LaGrange yesterday 5-2. 

Things get tougher today as Wooster faces 9-0 Rowan.

Bishopleftiesdad

Scotsfan, Good luck against Rowan.

Heide this year is not the same team we have seen in the past. There top two pitchers are hurt and they are depending on a lot of Freshmen. Beating Heide is nice, but I am not sure they are really a top 25 team so far this year.