BB: NESCAC: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, December 31, 2005, 10:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mammoths Fan

How does the song go...."Two out of three ain't bad....";  it's actually surprising to me how few sweeps there are in conference play.  Every winning pitcher in the series was a senior which is telling.  Big weekend for both programs coming up.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Mammoths Fan on April 09, 2019, 07:14:47 PM
How does the song go...."Two out of three ain't bad....";  it's actually surprising to me how few sweeps there are in conference play.  Every winning pitcher in the series was a senior which is telling.  Big weekend for both programs coming up.
Welcome aboard.

My rule of thumb is your team must sweep the series against the "non-post-season-conference-tournament" teams and then win the 3-games series against the rest, especially when playing at home.  "Defend your house". If you only halve the 2-game or 4-game series, you make no progress.

NothingButNESCAC

Hey NESCAC Fans,

It's really unfortunate that we have to do this, but we have less than two weeks to raise a small fortune ($350) in order to renew our ownership of the domain name nothingbutnescac.com so if you've found our coverage of NESCAC sports entertaining, please consider helping us to keep it going for another two years!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/nothing-but-nescac-domain-renewal

Sincerely,
NbN

Cards Fan

45 runs allowed in 5 games for Bates. Not exactly the ideal start to the NESCAC baseball season.

Jim Dixon

BigPoppa

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

amh63

Several points to make....as baseball & softball return to the Nescac.
First....the third WES VS AMHERST game will be played at Memorial field in Amherst at 1 pm.  The two teams split the first two games yesterday in Ct.  Hope it will be a sunny day in New England.
Second point.  Bowdoin has cancelled all its remaining games.....no reason given on Bowdoin's site.   

hockeyfan77

Quote from: amh63 on April 04, 2021, 09:49:45 AM
Several points to make....as baseball & softball return to the Nescac.
First....the third WES VS AMHERST game will be played at Memorial field in Amherst at 1 pm.  The two teams split the first two games yesterday in Ct.  Hope it will be a sunny day in New England.
Second point.  Bowdoin has cancelled all its remaining games.....no reason given on Bowdoin's site.

I'm pretty sure Bowdoin is not playing baseball at all this season: not included here...Also, Bates may have trouble as they just has the whole campus shut down do to COVID

2021 NESCAC Baseball ChampionshipMay 8th - 9th, 2021TBA
Sat.-Sun., May 8-9 Championship Series (best 2-of-3 series)
Championship Stories
Format
In 2021, the NESCAC Baseball Championship will be a best 2-out-of-3 series based on the final conference divisional standings.

East Division: Bates, Colby, Trinity, Tufts
West Division: Amherst, Hamilton, Middlebury, Wesleyan, Williams

Selection
Details to be announced

Tournament Schedule
Details to be announced

amh63

Amherst wins the NESCAC title against Tufts at Tufts today....wining the double header.  The third game at Tufts is not nescessary :).  Amherst won it's division and Tufts won its division.  Amherst's seniors were all smiles.  First title for the Amherst coach who came from Clark recently.

maineman

For 2022, The NESCAC baseball playoffs will involve 4 teams each from both the East and West Divisions.  For the first weekend the top two teams from each division will get home field and play a best of three series against the number 3 and 4 teams in the opposing division. The four surviving teams will play a double elimination tournament on the following weekend at Trinity to determine the NESCAC champion and autobid to the NCAA's.  Unless my memory has betrayed me, involving 8 teams in the playoffs is a departure from what happened pre-Covid, when only 2 teams from each Division were involved in the NESCAC tournament.

maineman

Tufts and Middlebury both open their NCAA play today (5/19} at 130p against Mitchell and Johnson and Wales, respectively.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: maineman on May 19, 2023, 10:10:08 AM
Tufts and Middlebury both open their NCAA play today (5/19} at 130p against Mitchell and Johnson and Wales, respectively.
... and both lost! That surprised me.

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 20, 2023, 10:12:11 AM
Quote from: maineman on May 19, 2023, 10:10:08 AM
... and both lost! That surprised me.

I watched some of the Tuft's game and the plate ump had the tightest zone I have ever seen. Svadgis was not happy with him and both sides pitchers just stood there with their hands up on about 15 pitches that were called balls.