FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doolittledog

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 23, 2016, 08:31:18 AM
Quote from: doolittledog on October 22, 2016, 12:41:11 PM
We will be at a piano and flute recital this afternoon.  If anyone wants to update scores so I can check in on here that would be great  ;)

I also look to d3football.com ...but their scoreboard isn't always updated in a timely fashion.

It would certainly be nice if more schools posted scores in a timely fashion. It's a collective, like the Associated Press.
Yeah I was trying to figure out how to write it where I noted it was due more to IIAC SID's not updating your site. I don't expect you to sit at home with 4 IIAC games up on your computer so you can keep us updated...unless you want to ;)
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Pat Coleman

Quote from: doolittledog on October 23, 2016, 11:05:27 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 23, 2016, 08:31:18 AM
Quote from: doolittledog on October 22, 2016, 12:41:11 PM
We will be at a piano and flute recital this afternoon.  If anyone wants to update scores so I can check in on here that would be great  ;)

I also look to d3football.com ...but their scoreboard isn't always updated in a timely fashion.

It would certainly be nice if more schools posted scores in a timely fashion. It's a collective, like the Associated Press.
Yeah I was trying to figure out how to write it where I noted it was due more to IIAC SID's not updating your site. I don't expect you to sit at home with 4 IIAC games up on your computer so you can keep us updated...unless you want to ;)

It would be nice if I could clone myself and leave one of me at home to do that. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

coocooforcoekohawk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 23, 2016, 11:48:22 AM

It would be nice if I could clone myself and leave one of me at home to do that. :)

Hey Pat, bring me a monkey.
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!

coocooforcoekohawk

Kohawks at 8-0 have the most wins in the top 25!

Enjoy the late bye the first week of November.

Take care of BV so you can enjoy it.
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!

Old Dutch

Quote from: doolittledog on October 22, 2016, 05:19:57 PM
Quote from: DBQ1965 on October 22, 2016, 05:11:43 PM
Quote from: DBQ1965 on October 22, 2016, 05:01:05 PM
It will be a long ride back from Storm Lake.. :-[

So ... I've seen two different outcomes ... one with BV winning in OT and one with UD winning in OT.  Which is it?

Dubuque won 45-37 in 3OT

I was wondering how one would win by 5 in OT!?!?!?
61 consecutive seasons without a losing season
IIAC/ARC champs 39, 45, 46, 56, 64, 65, 66, 67, 74, 77, 78, 81, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 90, 92, 94, 95, 98, 00, 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 09, 19, 21
NCAA Playoffs 74, 77, 78, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 09, 19, 21
Stagg Bowls 74, 84, 89
National Champs 1974

Klompen

Well here we are at bye week.  We have two weeks that we could be picking on Simpson, but since they aren't on the board, it takes all the fun out of it.  Of course, I'm willing to give it a shot...

Congratulations to Simpson College for dominating the stats for number of former football players now employed at restaurants.

Why will former Simpson football players be mad at me in 50 years?

They will finally understand that wasn't a compliment.

Purple Heys

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on October 16, 2016, 09:20:24 PM
Quote from: doolittledog on October 16, 2016, 08:05:10 PM
A couple thoughts. 

I should have seen this Coe win coming...Dubuque won the conference title in 2011, and then went 4-3, 4-3, 3-4 in conference play before winning the conference title last season.  Coe won the conference title in 2012, and then went 4-3, 4-3, 3-4 in conference play and now looks certain to win the conference title this year.  Simple logic, I should have seen this  ;)

Like DBQ1965 noting that UD loses homecoming games he sees in person.  I have witnessed homecoming losses in 2009, 2011, 2012...a win in 2014, and a loss in 2016.  The Spartans had homecoming wins in 2010, 2013, and 2015 when we stayed home.  I think this might be a game I start skipping the next few years.  Yes, I am stupidly superstitious like that  ;D

I won't go to the Stagg Bowl because we lost both of the ones I attended.  Also I've been wearing the same WARHAWKS shirt for every game since it was given to me in 2005.  What's worse is I'll only wash it if we lose or at the end of the season.

I once bought a black Packers t-shirt.  I don't know what possessed me to go black but I liked the design.  Anyway I wore it for first time when we played the Colts who had won one game all season.  They kicked the hell out of us. So when the game ended I took the shirt and a can of gasoline out to fire pit and sent that shirt to hell.   

Yes, I am that stupidly superstitious.  lol

One word:  CornNuts.

Double D knows.
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

Fannosaurus Rex

I will work on some insulting Simpson jokes.  In the mean time, what a relief that The Dutch finally beat Wartburg.  No Central football player should ever have to wait for his senior year to beat any team in the IIAC.
"It ain't what ya do, it's the way how ya do it.  It ain't what ya eat, it's the way how ya chew it."  Little Richard

doolittledog

Quote from: Purple Heys on October 24, 2016, 07:58:09 PM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on October 16, 2016, 09:20:24 PM
Quote from: doolittledog on October 16, 2016, 08:05:10 PM
A couple thoughts. 

I should have seen this Coe win coming...Dubuque won the conference title in 2011, and then went 4-3, 4-3, 3-4 in conference play before winning the conference title last season.  Coe won the conference title in 2012, and then went 4-3, 4-3, 3-4 in conference play and now looks certain to win the conference title this year.  Simple logic, I should have seen this  ;)

Like DBQ1965 noting that UD loses homecoming games he sees in person.  I have witnessed homecoming losses in 2009, 2011, 2012...a win in 2014, and a loss in 2016.  The Spartans had homecoming wins in 2010, 2013, and 2015 when we stayed home.  I think this might be a game I start skipping the next few years.  Yes, I am stupidly superstitious like that  ;D

I won't go to the Stagg Bowl because we lost both of the ones I attended.  Also I've been wearing the same WARHAWKS shirt for every game since it was given to me in 2005.  What's worse is I'll only wash it if we lose or at the end of the season.

I once bought a black Packers t-shirt.  I don't know what possessed me to go black but I liked the design.  Anyway I wore it for first time when we played the Colts who had won one game all season.  They kicked the hell out of us. So when the game ended I took the shirt and a can of gasoline out to fire pit and sent that shirt to hell.   

Yes, I am that stupidly superstitious.  lol

One word:  CornNuts.

Double D knows.

You don't mess with superstitions!
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Klompen

Instead of talking smack between plays a Central player decided to ask his Simpson counterpart how classes were at Simpson.  The Simpson player responded, "Two words - I hate math"  The Central player chuckled and said "That was 3".  "Yeah", the Simpson player said, "Where do you come up with that?" The Central player seeing the ball about to be snapped responded, "I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it right now".

warthog

I hate to say this, I really do.  Longtime D3 posters know it is against everything I hold dear to disparage my beloved Knights.  :-X

This coming weekend it will be my 2nd favorite D3 team in a laugher. The Spartans will score at will.   ::)

Knight d-backs couldn't cover a pumpkin pie if they were given a roll of Saran Wrap.    :-[

........... but I will be there anyway, holding out hope that I am wrong.   :o
BE ORANGE

doolittledog

Spurrier

If the Spartans win out, will they make the playoffs?
Why the defense ain't werkin'?

doolittledog

Quote from: spurrier on October 27, 2016, 07:34:53 AM
I think Dubuque would need a WIAC and/or MIAC team to lose in the next 3 weeks for us to see UD in the playoffs...but you never know

5 Words or Less

Quote from: doolittledog on October 27, 2016, 07:41:30 AM
Quote from: spurrier on October 27, 2016, 07:34:53 AM
I think Dubuque would need a WIAC and/or MIAC team to lose in the next 3 weeks for us to see UD in the playoffs...but you never know

Swami see ... 12 WIAC losses