FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klompen

Dutch are on a roll, they stomp all over the bye this weekend. 

Hey Warthog, I hate to say it, but the Knights of this year could be the Dutch of next year.  We lose a lot of great senior talent to graduation this year, even if Markham decides to come back for his fourth year of football.  That's why I think the Dutch have probably been kicking themselves ever since the UD and Coe games.  Those teams outplayed us on the days we played them, and you have to play the game, but they were both games that the Dutch could have won on a different day. 

So just make sure more than your QB shows up for the game against UD and you never know what might happen. 

Spurrier

Spartans slay a shut out this Saturday...I'm going to change my screen name to "7 words or less with alliteration"...oops
Why the defense ain't werkin'?

doolittledog

Quote from: doolittledog on October 27, 2016, 07:09:02 AM
Keep an eye out for us warthog

Actually, don't keep an eye out for us.  My wife and son are sick.  Our oldest daughter has a party to go to and our younger daughter has a dance to get ready for.  I can't talk my uncle out of hibernation.  So I guess I will just mow the lawn in the morning and then watch the festivities on the computer. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

warthog

Quote from: doolittledog on October 28, 2016, 06:47:59 PM
Quote from: doolittledog on October 27, 2016, 07:09:02 AM
Keep an eye out for us warthog

Actually, don't keep an eye out for us.  My wife and son are sick.  Our oldest daughter has a party to go to and our younger daughter has a dance to get ready for.  I can't talk my uncle out of hibernation.  So I guess I will just mow the lawn in the morning and then watch the festivities on the computer.

Well, I don't think you'll be missing much.  I'm hoping we can just keep it respectable.  Beyond that my wish list includes cold beer and a big screen tv  at Courtside after the game.

BE ORANGE

doolittledog

Dubuque Telegraph-Herald previews...

http://www.thonline.com/sports/local_sports/article_8df5b60a-b23e-5b1f-86c8-b561da909e6b.html?utm_source=thonline&utm_medium=click_source&utm_campaign=left_column_news

From the article...

WARTBURG (4-3, 3-2) AT DUBUQUE (7-1, 5-1)
Last year — Dubuque beat Wartburg, 45-13
Last week — Dubuque beat Buena Vista, 45-37; Wartburg lost to Central, 51-37
Outlook — The high-flying Spartans offense has been slowed of late. After starting off the season leading the Iowa conference in passing and scoring, their last two opponents — Coe and Buena Vista — have done well to hold Dubuque in check. The Kohawks handed the Spartans their only loss and the Beavers forced overtime before Conor Feckley's touchdown pass to Dylan Schultz sealed Dubuque's victory. Enter Wartburg, a team that is used to being ranked and in Iowa Conference title contention.

LUTHER (2-5, 1-4) AT LORAS (0-7, 0-5)
Last year — Luther beat Loras, 31-21
Last week — Loras lost to Simpson, 30-0; Luther lost to Coe, 45-6
Outlook — Another even matchup on paper, but for some reason, the Duhawks have yet to pull one out this year. Today enters the Norse, a team that places a major emphasis on the run. Luther has gained 2,038 yards rushing this season compared to just 501 passing. Loras has managed to give up only nine rushing touchdowns this year, led by linebacker Calvin Harridge, who is averaging an Iowa Conference-high 12 tackles per game.

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

End of the 1st quarter Dubuque and Wartburg are tied 7-7.
Dubuque had a long drive. Wartburg blocked a punt and drove 3 yards for their TD.

5 Words or Less

Loras 29 Luther 7 @ Half

Duhawk's have 4 TD passes

doolittledog

Wartburg leads 27-21 over Dubuque at the half. 

doolittledog

NWU leads 10-9 at the half @ Simpson
Coe up 41-0 over BVU in the 3rd quarter

doolittledog

Wartburg leads Dubuque 33-28 at the end of the 3rd quarter

doolittledog

Final scores...
Coe 48-7 over BVU
NWU 24-22 over Simpson
Loras 43-28 over Luther
Wartburg 43-35 over Dubuque

The Knights were the better team.  I will say, on Wartburg's last drive, I understood the ref swallowing his whistle on a holding call not wanting to change the outcome of the game.  But 3 plays later when Dubuque should have got another 3rd down stop they then throw the flag saying Dubuque tackled the runner after the whistle.  If you swallow your whistle for the hold, I can't believe you throw the flag for a questionable late hit.  It would have taken a miracle for Dubuque to pull it off, but at least let them settle it on the field.  That said, you had the feeling from the get go that the Knights were the better team.   

Old Dutch

WOW, who'd a thunk it?  Wartburg's much maligned pass D defeats the Power of the DBQ squad.  stats look very similar, the one that stands out to this old school coach is the Knights could run, DBQ could not and thus 3 picks, 9 TFL a couple sacks for the Wartburg D. 

Might it be time for The Norse to give up on the wing T?

Looks like Simpson has some growing pains with the new coach, probably get them worked out this week and give the Dutch a tussle like always.

Hope the Kohawks represent us well (not too much) in the playoffs!
61 consecutive seasons without a losing season
IIAC/ARC champs 39, 45, 46, 56, 64, 65, 66, 67, 74, 77, 78, 81, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 90, 92, 94, 95, 98, 00, 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 09, 19, 21
NCAA Playoffs 74, 77, 78, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 09, 19, 21
Stagg Bowls 74, 84, 89
National Champs 1974

DBQ1965

As probably the oldest UDer on here, there was a time in the past when 7-2 was something to celebrate wildly.  But after today's loss, I can only say "ouch".
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

5 Words or Less

Quote from: Old Dutch on October 29, 2016, 05:57:27 PM
Might it be time for The Norse to give up on the wing T?

1) They call it the flexbone
2) Luther's coaches are smart
3) They'll figure things out
4) Facility improvements would help
5) Facility improvements supposedly being considered

Sincerely, 5 Sentences or Less

coocooforcoekohawk

I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!