Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Toby Taff on December 28, 2008, 04:00:02 PM
AF4,
Del Rio can't be the edge of the world it's only 4 hours from abilene
... and only 60 miles north of Piedras Negras, Coahuila, MX where nachos were invented.

That cannot be the end of the world.

AF4

i pray this finds yall well

a Trinity University Logo on the back of an envelope that contained a Christmas Card from a friend

keep the faith

"Have laparoscope, Will travel"

K-Mack

D.C. is blowin' up with D3!

I saw a Johns Hopkins car window sticker ... not all that weird around here, but it was paired with a Case Western Reserve.

Then the next day I saw Ferrum, and the next Susquehanna.

And I swear I'm not even looking.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

retagent

I was watching the Capitals/Maple Leafs hockey game tonight, and saw someone wearing an RPI hockey jersey in the crowd.

Joe Wally

Saw an Amherst window sticker on an SUV in Indianapolis.

cawcdad

I saw a bunch of Simpson and Gustavus Adolphus shirts in San Francisco today. That was to be expected since both teams were playing. But there was an Ithaca shirt in the crowd.

AF4

At the  non pretty, hard core iron gym in Auburn (SWAT Gym where Bill Kazmaier lifts)  i saw a muscled up feller with  "Muhlenberg Iron"and a picture of a long ear doing some sort of pull (probably honoring the 'Dead') printed on his Tee shirt

he pointed at the "Hawk Strength" shirt and Huntingdon gym shorts the boy (son) was wearing.... and we began to talk D-3 sports and dead lifts...  small world

(i am trying to keep up with all yall observant folks and notice these D-3 thangs)

keep the faith

cawcdad

Saw a "Fisk Mom" sticker on a car on I-580 in Livermore, CA. It wasn't being driven like any mom I know, unless she was trying to be like Danica Patrick. ;D

warthog

I've begun to see black on orange Wartburg personalized license plates around Iowa.  The Knights have joined Iowa, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa as the colleges for which the Iowa DOT has made color coordinated plates available.
BE ORANGE

K-Mack

Quote from: warthog on January 02, 2009, 12:22:19 AM
I've begun to see black on orange Wartburg personalized license plates around Iowa.  The Knights have joined Iowa, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa as the colleges for which the Iowa DOT has made color coordinated plates available.

The wife just ordered some Va. plates with the R-MC logo on them.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

BoBo

Saw a (Korean) man wearing a Franklin and Marshall sweatshirt while shopping at a department store near my home in Seoul, Korea yesterday.  In talking to him, discovered he graduated from F & M in 1997.  I was wearing a UW-La Crosse alumni sweatshirt I got as a christmas present from my sister this year.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

AF4

at the iron gym where i go (and the boy goes when he is in town) we saw a young man that had a 'Lagrange College' tag on his car., and a tat that read "TRUTH" across his back.  He told us he graduated last yr from LC, played football 2 seasons (his Jr and Sr year), and is getting an MS at Auburn

while we were talking it dawned on he, my son, and i...i had coached him in youth league wrestling when he was 11 & 12 yrs old

we talked old times, he was one of our 2 Al state USAWrestling champs that came out of that club (the boy being the other)...again...a small world

this gym is awesome...like a romanian dugeon should look like...mostly deep squat-ers,  iron pushers...not many pretty folks...and former/current D-3er's

keep the faith

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: BoBo on January 06, 2009, 06:48:59 PM
Saw a (Korean) man wearing a Franklin and Marshall sweatshirt while shopping at a department store near my home in Seoul, Korea yesterday.  In talking to him, discovered he graduated from F & M in 1997.  I was wearing a UW-La Crosse alumni sweatshirt I got as a christmas present from my sister this year.

Haven't checked all the prior posts, but I think you hold the record so far!

(Now if someone reports an Afghani or Somali d3 sighting ...)

PA_wesleyfan

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 06, 2009, 07:54:55 PM

That may not be as far fetched as you think.. I know of quite a few D3 players who have given the ultimate sacrifice over there.  And I am sure there are others who have take some of there D3 attire with them.

God Bless everyone of them!!!
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on January 07, 2009, 01:13:50 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 06, 2009, 07:54:55 PM

That may not be as far fetched as you think.. I know of quite a few D3 players who have given the ultimate sacrifice over there.  And I am sure there are others who have take some of there D3 attire with them.

God Bless everyone of them!!!

Agree totally with your sentiments, but he specified a Korean man.  This would have to be an actual Afghani or Somali, not a GI!  Of course, even those might be immediate gifts.  How about Burundi or Estonia?  I've got it - first person with a Tonga or Easter Island sighting wins! ;D

Meanwhile, saw an Occidental sweatshirt in Ypsilanti. MI, today, but that might just be Obama-chic. ???