Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cawcdad

Caught a glimpse of a student walking down the hall here in CA with an Oberlin sweatshirt on.

AUPepBand

If there are any D3 posters at Cedar Point this weekend, Pep can be seen sporting an Alfred University shirt and hat. Meantime, Pep will no doubt see plenty of D3 schools represented at The Point....Pep will report back next week.

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

HSCTiger74

Sewanee window decal on a station wagon at our regular grocery store.
TANSTAAFL

Toby Taff

Cal Lu Athletics Shirt on an Abilene Christian student I work with @ little panda in Abilene
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

AUPepBand

Spotted at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio over the weekend:

Mount Union football tee-shirt, worn by a high school kid who had attended camp there. Waiting in line for the Top Thrill Dragster, I spotted the kid, a couple of lengths back in the queue line and said, "Hey, do you play for Kehres?" The kid replied in the negative, saying that he attended high school football camp there.
Another guy in the queue line just one length back heard the conversation and piped up, "I played for Kehres." And so, Pep yielded his place in line so as to embark in a lengthy conversation with a tailback who had begun his football career at Akron, transferred to Mt. Union and, unable to afford the tuition there, went to Youngstown State where he was a walk-on until the entire coaching staff was fired.

Other colleges seen on shirts: Oswego State, SUNY Oneonta, Kenyon, plus some from places with which Pep is unfamiliar.... "O" and "M." Not sure where they were coming from.  ;)

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

kingtim

Well...

It's also pretty common to have a shirt of the place/school you've visited.

I've seen all kinds of D III shirts in an area with a rival team, let alone a shirt in an area that doesn't have a team.

I live in Houston, Texas. The shirts I see out here - LAWD!
"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed"- Michael Jordan

Things to do in Houston

"If you are determined enough and willing to pay the price, you can get it done"- Mike Ditka

Gray Fox

I was at breakfast this morning and saw a young woman wearing a SCAC shirt.  I stared at her as she walked across the room and saw all the schools listed on the back, but I don't know anything else about the shirt.

On the Prairie Home Companion show this weekend there was an audience dedication to Chris Kimball, the President of California Lutheran University.
Fierce When Roused

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Gray Fox on June 06, 2010, 05:11:20 PM
I was at breakfast this morning and saw a young woman wearing a SCAC shirt.  I stared at her as she walked across the room and saw all the schools listed on the back, but I don't know anything else about the shirt.

On the Prairie Home Companion show this weekend there was an audience dedication to Chris Kimball, the President of California Lutheran University.
Gawker
Dirty ol' man
Likely story

:D

Knightstalker

Quote from: AUPepBand on June 01, 2010, 05:28:36 PM

Mount Union football tee-shirt, worn by a high school kid who had attended camp there. Waiting in line for the Top Thrill Dragster, I spotted the kid, a couple of lengths back in the queue line and said, "Hey, do you play for Kehres?" The kid replied in the negative, saying that he attended high school football camp there.
Another guy in the queue line just one length back heard the conversation and piped up, "I played for Kehres." And so, Pep yielded his place in line so as to embark in a lengthy conversation with a tailback who had begun his football career at Akron, transferred to Mt. Union and, unable to afford the tuition there, went to Youngstown State where he was a walk-on until the entire coaching staff was fired.

Other colleges seen on shirts: Oswego State, SUNY Oneonta, Kenyon, plus some from places with which Pep is unfamiliar.... "O" and "M." Not sure where they were coming from.  ;)

Oscar and Mayer?

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

HSCTiger74

Quote from: Knightstalker on June 07, 2010, 11:02:22 AM
Quote from: AUPepBand on June 01, 2010, 05:28:36 PM

Oscar and Mayer?

Ontario and Manitoba?
TANSTAAFL

Gray Fox

Quote from: Ralph Turner on June 06, 2010, 05:57:26 PM
Quote from: Gray Fox on June 06, 2010, 05:11:20 PM

Gawker
Dirty ol' man
Likely story

:D
Two out of three is pretty good. :-[
Fierce When Roused

hickory_cornhusker

I saw a a handful at a festival in Fond du Lac, WI. The local schools like Marian, Ripon and Oshkosh were seen along with a little farther out like Carroll and St. Norbert. Also seen were UW-Platteville, Loras, Westminster (I think PA, it was purple and gold) and the Pacific Boxers.

HSCTiger74

South Dakota School of Mines and Technology on a license plate frame in Charlotte. I know it's actually a D2 school, but I was surprised as hell to see it here.
TANSTAAFL

cawcdad

At the Monterey Bay Aquarium I saw an SJU Intramural Champions. It was gone before I had a chance to ask which SJU.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: cawcdad on June 13, 2010, 08:57:04 AM
At the Monterey Bay Aquarium I saw an SJU Intramural Champions. It was gone before I had a chance to ask which SJU.
If the T-shirt used a purple and gray color scheme, I don't think that it was our SJU.   ;)

St Joseph's University, Philadelphia, in the Atlantic-10 is also red and white.